Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Mortify posted:

This is a charismatic party, dang.

*burps*

e: page 2 snoopa :snoop:

A Bug fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Mortify posted:

This is a charismatic party, dang.

I don't defend spellcasters though. Sorry. Not sorry.

umm, excuse me, first of all, it's not "spell casting," it's dragon magic, which is a completely different thing, and if you had read the link I chittered to you, you would know that, and secondly, please pay attention: I'm the most charismatic in the party, so PLEASE be quiet, before you get thrown out on your rear end, thank you

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Poultron posted:

umm, excuse me, first of all, it's not "spell casting," it's dragon magic, which is a completely different thing, and if you had read the link I chittered to you, you would know that, and secondly, please pay attention: I'm the most charismatic in the party, so PLEASE be quiet, before you get thrown out on your rear end, thank you

Woah, calm down Ryuka. You of all people should understand proxy words. I'm proximately sure you're being pedantic. As to being charismatic, I'm not about to engage in that discussion. It's super shallow to talk about it. #thinkfirst #speaklater

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go run a half marathon, and you're stressing me out!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cha 8 here.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

We have three charisma 18+ people and a 14. Then two dumpers.

Pretty non-standard. I still only defend melee players.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I was GOING to play melee until I found that cute dragon image

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

http://orokos.com/roll/415004: 1d6 5 1d8 1 1d7 5 1d4 3

Parents: Mother Only
Siblings: Only Child
Other Relatives: Grandmother lives with
Home Situation: Poor

Name: Noriko Mori
Blood Type: AB
Hobbies: Flower Arrangement, Fashion (the occult, death)

Noriko entered junior high school as one of the most popular girls in her class. She had no trouble earning good grades, she easily slid into her position as president of the Flower Arrangement club, and her sense of fashion and cheerful demeanor rose her to "idol" status among her peers. At home, she was the middle of three children, with loving parents who provided her with everything she needed, and though her father was frequently absent due to his work, he tried to make it up to them with a family vacation every summer, until the accident anyway.

They had been driving back to their summer home from a trip to the beach. She was sitting in the front seat and her sisters were behind her, and they had been bickering over something unimportant. She unbuckled her seatbelt for just a moment, turning around in her chair to smack her older sister when her father suddenly slammed on the breaks and swerved, turning too late to avoid the truck careening into their lane. She was thrown from the car in the crash, bouncing across the pavement before coming to a stop in the shade of a tree. Her limbs twisted and broken, she could do little but watch as her family was burned alive in their disabled vehicle.

Noriko returned to school a changed person. Superficially, she was still Noriko, but she had lost her bubbly personality and her cheerful smile. Her flower arrangements were as masterful as ever, but they inspired a sort of melancholy that they had not before. Her grades had not slipped, but writing and poetry projects took a grim turn. At home, she was no longer sleeping. Two or three hours a night, and what little sleep she could get was plagued with nightmares. When summer came again, she stayed in, pouring over obscure texts from the occult section of the library, posting on morbid BBSes and making poor attempts at communing with the dead.

As Noriko's interests have become increasingly more intense, they have also become increasingly more expensive, and she has taken on a part-time job as an assistant to a mortician, arranging flowers for the dead and helping with the burial rituals. Though she takes great pride in her work, she has had to keep it secret due to the cultural taboo towards those who work with the dead.

Noriko's extreme insomnia has lead her down many avenues of escape, and DDW is the latest.

http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/7873

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 1, 2016

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Excellent app aniki.

:siren: GAME THREAD IS UP :siren:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

pretty bad game, when do i get a minipet

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I got you a little animated poo swirl for being such a great shitposter.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

i don't want it actually, how do i unsub from DDW?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Go to the roof of the high school and climb over the safety railings.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

Mirthless posted:

That 'tar name's pretty dope, yo.

Where's the respawn station?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

quote:

It is your decision whether or not you know each other IRL already.

Noriko is a transfer student this year so she won't know anybody

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!

Mirthless posted:

Noriko is a transfer student this year so she won't know anybody

Same with Tatsumi.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi is from the local area, so he knows anyone else who is. Whether or not he's friends with you is another story entirely.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

As per my introductory post in the OOC thread, you all probably know of Ryuka, but it's unlikely any of you are friends with her. She's loud and attention-grabbing at school but generally refuses to actually talk to anyone for longer than a few minutes.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Poultron posted:

As per my introductory post in the OOC thread, you all probably know of Ryuka, but it's unlikely any of you are friends with her. She's loud and attention-grabbing at school but generally refuses to actually talk to anyone for longer than a few minutes.

Yeah we get it. You're the bad kind of popular. I'm the good kind. It's a shame you don't see how awesome everyone is and want to make the school a better place. Maybe when you mature a little more.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Mortify posted:

Yeah we get it. You're the bad kind of popular. I'm the good kind. It's a shame you don't see how awesome everyone is and want to make the school a better place. Maybe when you mature a little more.

?? ? ?? ?????? ?????? ???????? who's this little goomba trying to talk to me????? where are my bodyguards????? hello??

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Mirthless posted:

((I'm assuming that's what we do with supports, right? Equip them?))

Yes. Just imagine you have a "Support Persona" item slot. I recommend just adding details to your combat block since the char builder won't be able to implement any of this at all. Support Personas function like items or auras, they're just passively "worn."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
pshooo, shot down

:colbert: show me how it's done, ladies

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I'm gonna take those bracers, but if someone else would really like that Persona, feel free. I really can't decide if I want it or not.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
I might but I'm not sure.

I'm at work, so if someone dibs it before I can come home and post, that's fine.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
Seeing as Lyth done got bit and lost ... a bunch of Healing Surges, I think I'll hold onto Temperance for the time being just in case we need the extra bit of luck.

It may just be the bag of glue I'm huffing, but I'm beginning to think this show is important for some reason mmhmm

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
Doomykins knows, and maybe I already mentioned it, but I figure it's worth repeating here for y'all.

I'm a very green player. Hope that's okay. I've played a little with some friends, and I've been reading to learn-up for this game, but Attack Rounds are just one of those things I don't quite have down pat yet.

Just so you all know to expect some no0b mistakes.

Thanks.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I think you probs don't have a minor action then.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I think you probs don't have a minor action then.

You may be right. The reason why I assume I do have the Minor is because my character has a weapon swap feat that allows him to swap weapons as a free action once per turn. I may be missing something though.

---

From here on out, is it okay to bring my gameplay questions here? I was gonna bug Doomykins with my questions, but you all seem nice.

For references, I'm using WotC character builder, a D&D SRD wiki, a bit of Reddit, and a lot of Google to help me along. Helpful kicks in the rear end are welcome.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

If I'm being honest I don't think I've ever seen anyone bother to draw weapons in a Doomykins game. It's one of those things in DnD that's sort of boring/annoying to keep track of. I've certainly never bothered and he's never yelled at me, so

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
Now that you mention it, you're right. I followed Coming of Age, and I can't say I've seen weapons drawn either.

Cool :)

What about rolling Initiative? I didn't see that either... I can imagine it's a 'PbP thing' rather than a 'my buddies' living room scenario'.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Since Doomy has access to all our characters, he'll roll it for everyone. Generally we'll have "players" go and then "monsters" go, alternating until we win or all die.

For the purposes of any "on initiative" or similar things, give Doomy some heads up. Immediate Interrupts/Reactions, depending on how they work are typically also a give Doomy a heads up scenario.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Mortify posted:

Since Doomy has access to all our characters, he'll roll it for everyone. Generally we'll have "players" go and then "monsters" go, alternating until we win or all die.

For the purposes of any "on initiative" or similar things, give Doomy some heads up. Immediate Interrupts/Reactions, depending on how they work are typically also a give Doomy a heads up scenario.

Will do, thanks!

Poultron
May 26, 2006

where are the posts, boys

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
How do I determine my Persona's modifier to attack the bouncer?

vs AC: 1d20+??

Nigi Mitama (Temperance)
[ ] Garu (vs. Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Thunder Damage to one target).
[ ] Posumundi (Range 5. Grants Saving Throw with +1 Bonus against Poison or Physical Ongoing).
Passive: +1 Healing Surge Value.
Weakness: Lightning.

Edit: "Attacks are made with Primary Ability Modifier + 1/2 Level Mod + 1."

I guess, since this Attack is made vs the Bouncer's Reflex, which is 15, it's 7+1 for 8, so 1d20+8 vs the bouncer's AC?

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 11, 2016

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

quote:

All Attacks are made with Primary Ability Modifier + 1/2 Level Mod + 1.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Yes, I see that, but I'm wondering if I'm doing that right. See above.

Basically, how does that work? Because I don't exactly know what it means :(

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 11, 2016

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Going to have my post up in ~30 minutes or so. Since I'm moving the bouncer to me, I would strongly suggest folks pile on it. It's going to get real easy to hit real fast.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Serviette posted:

Yes, I see that, but I'm wondering if I'm doing that right. See above.

Basically, how does that work? Because I don't exactly know what it means :(

You take your biggest ability modifier, add half your level and then another point. So for me it was 5 (Strength)+1(half level)+1

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Mortify posted:

Going to have my post up in ~30 minutes or so. Since I'm moving the bouncer to me, I would strongly suggest folks pile on it. It's going to get real easy to hit real fast.

Can do! Just need some ladysplaining for calculating my Persona's roll vs AC, and I'll be making a pincushion of that there bouncer of ours

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!

Mortify posted:

And once it's close enough to hit I can start using my runes to stack up some nice modifiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You take your biggest ability modifier, add half your level and then another point. So for me it was 5 (Strength)+1(half level)+1

Ah! I see! Thank you so much!

On with the show :D