Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I have a couple of Browns Chicken Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom glasses, found em at a goodwill for fifty cents each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
My mom has in regular rotation that Goonies one with Sloth on it, two Empire Strikes Back ones (not seen here--the Cloud City and Dagobah ones) one for The Great Muppet Caper, and one for The Muppet Movie. I swear we used to have that ET "Be Good" one. Also, she has plastic cups for Return of the Jedi, and for an old Pizza Hut Nickolodeon cup for a Halloween contest called "Nick or Treat" where I guess you gave them your phone number and they called you live on the air. If you said the phrase as your answer you won a prize.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

ToastFaceKillah posted:

Those McDonald's transformer things were my favorite things ever. Then my mom told me we were moving, so I put them all in a metal box and buried them under the concrete patio, so I wouldn't lose them in the move. My whole plan was to ninja into the backyard and dig them up at midnight after we moved. We moved to a completely different city.

What I'm saying is that I was an idiot.

No you're not, because now you have the makings of a wonderful Something Awful thread wherein you travel back to your childhood home and ask the current owners if you can dig up your McD's buried treasure while dressed as Captain Crook!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

You Are A Elf posted:

No you're not, because now you have the makings of a wonderful Something Awful thread wherein you travel back to your childhood home and ask the current owners if you can dig up your McD's buried treasure while dressed as Captain Crook!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Finally a Smash Bros with Goku.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Bootleg? Smash? Here's a project I anticipated for years for but eventually accepted will never see the light of day

hhttp://youtu.be/UDjeO1wCJmo

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Aug 10, 2016

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Sentient Data posted:

Bootleg? Smash? Here's a project I anticipated for years for but eventually accepted will never see the light of day

you have an extra h at the beginning of your link

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
it's twice as hyper

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

drat knockoff transfer protocols. :argh:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
"Hmm, yes."

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

EorayMel posted:

"Hmm, yes."

There's a kuribo in my shoe!

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I found one recently, a copy of the Fascinations Metal Earth figures. The original is a pretty neat idea: a little model made from laser cut sheets with tabs you insert into slots, so the whole thing can be assembled with just a hobby knife and some pliers. Copying a design on a sheet of metal seems pretty easy, so naturally someone did it.

The packaging is pretty similar, but they popped out at me as fakes even though there were no real ones at the store to compare to. It's interesting to see that they lifted the "360 degree view" icon from the original packaging, since in the original it indicated that you could go on the website and see they model before you buy it. Here, not so much. Also the big ferris wheel on the front is a lie. Even though the packaging features a variety of models, the one you get inside is indicated by the sticker on the back.

The instructions are copies of the original, but translated.

That little metal rod is the tank's barrel. It's pretty lovely, and the only part of the kit that isn't a copy of the original. Here's what the barrel is supposed to look like: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3148869&pagenumber=82&perpage=40#post435315586

Interestingly enough, even though this is mostly a clone, they did have a package at the store with a PzIV tank model on it, which is not one of the tanks made by Fascinations. I wonder if these guys actually made an original design.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wax Tadpole-
You need the villain figure from Last Action Hero. He had "axe swinging action" which, much like Tarzan, meant he was beating his dick for the pleasure of dirty minded middle schoolers.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
I work in a cell phone repair shop. We frequently get emails from mostly Chinese companies trying to sell us parts or accessories.

Today, we got an email offering "Pockeymon" accesories.

That "Pikachu with a noose" charm is something special.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You would probably sell a shitload of those pokeball power banks though.

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Finally a Smash Bros with Goku.

And decapitations!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I had some knock off Transformers growing up that I got when my dad took me to one of those swap meets you hear advertised on the radio with tools, audio gear, etc. The one I remember was a red cassette tape and I got my brother a silver one.

My current favorite knockoffs are my Nike Air Max 2015s. They were $60 shipped, comfy and almost dead on except the Fly Wire color is a bit off. Much better than $180+ they went for at the store when they were new.

My least favorite knockoffs currently are fake usbs my students' parents keep buying them off Ebay and Amazon. They'll be marked 16gb or 32gb and they're lucky if they actually are 4gb.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
OP is loving stupid. Why would a bootleg be in toys r us?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/bootleg_stuff/status/768546286639337473

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Also found on that twitter account, apparently there's a Chinese knockoff of Pokemon Go.

[Source]

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

If someone has a source on where to buy that Chip and Dale/50 Cent wallet, for the love of god, please post a link. I can't find it anywhere in my searching.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sentient Data posted:

This had "will never see the light of day" written all over it from frame one for C&D reasons alone.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

bulletsponge13 posted:

If someone has a source on where to buy that Chip and Dale/50 Cent wallet, for the love of god, please post a link. I can't find it anywhere in my searching.

No real help, but it's actually a mirror. I also want one.

Similarly, if anyone can point me towards a place that sells these:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

m2pt5 posted:

Also found on that twitter account, apparently there's a Chinese knockoff of Pokemon Go.

[Source]

It probably runs better than Pokemon Go.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

haveblue posted:

The legendary Flying Headless Goku.

Unfortunately this page is so old that all the images are broken. The best part was the instructions, which can still be found elsewhere:

Quoting this from the first page, because relevant.

Animejump's bootleg toy reviews were legend. I managed to get my hands on an original TITANIC-BOT, and it is still in the package to this day, hanging up on my wall underneath my original TRANSFOMABLE TOMAS. It is one of my favorite oddity possessions. The absurdity of it, the shockingly good quality of it as well as the packaging artwork, and especially the "WITH SAILING ACTION!!!" and ROBOT <-> TITANIC blurbs on it. It's just the most fantastic thing.

I don't know if it's possible to get one anymore. I remember looking to get more for friends via ebay and none showed up for over a year, so it might actually be just unfathomably rare now. Looking now, seems like there's been a few available, with a new in box one going for about 80 USD shipped.

edit: and yeah, it was posted upthread but it bears repeating, Thew's Knockoff Beatdowns are fantastic and have only gotten better since now people just send him all sorts of absurd trash to tear apart verbally, and then tear apart physically. With the amount people sent him in the last couple years his knockoff beatdowns have gotten rather lengthy but no less fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKv5E1cl3CU&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzn44jgOTYA&hd=1

He's such a lovable goofy goober. :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuNPuJ9Q_4E&hd=1

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 22:16 on Aug 27, 2016

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elkyrie posted:

No real help, but it's actually a mirror. I also want one.

I don't think my feet could be more ready for this.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

bulletsponge13 posted:

I have come so close to just making one myself, but that seems like cheating. I need to find it out there in the wild.

Oh, and my two year old will need the Obama/Sonic/Harry Potter backpack in a few years, when she goes to school. But I have time on that one. I need that wallet with desperate urgency.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Behold: bootleg bonanza!

And last, but not least: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRgl6K1Qecg

These could make for some great avatars.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Wax Tadpole posted:

But in a similar vein I am currently looking to acquire a Michael Graves Hitler Teapot, so its not always because it looks like they're jerking off.

It may not be jerking off but it is sporting a literal bell end

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I always love seeing the bizarre nes stuff that came out of China far later than you'd expect. Especially when they're not just romhacks, but instead bootlegs that required effort, like the Final Fantasy 7 demake.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The knuckles stretch armstrong is a photoshop, sadly.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

bulletsponge13 posted:

Yea I've wanted one as well since I saw this picture a while back, and something just occurred to me: a good friend of mine is a very good leatherworker who specializes in handmade wallets and I screenprint. I'll hit you up if we can figure out a realistic way to make it happen.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

That's a photoshop, which is a shame because I wish a knock-off Vac Man Knuckles existed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Captain Invictus posted:

The knuckles stretch armstrong is a photoshop, sadly.

I'm pretty sure I had a toy that looked just like that but without the hair/dreads, I think it was a bad guy Stretch Armstrong? Was really hoping someone made a bootleg just by sticking hair on one of those but alas.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

C-Euro posted:

I'm pretty sure I had a toy that looked just like that but without the hair/dreads, I think it was a bad guy Stretch Armstrong? Was really hoping someone made a bootleg just by sticking hair on one of those but alas.
Yeah, just the dreads are photoshopped on as mentioned.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Railing Kill posted:

I have come so close to just making one myself, but that seems like cheating. I need to find it out there in the wild.

Oh, and my two year old will need the Obama/Sonic/Harry Potter backpack in a few years, when she goes to school. But I have time on that one. I need that wallet with desperate urgency.

I want the Sonic Obama backpack. Right now.

Elkyrie posted:

Also this.

I. M. Gei has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Aug 28, 2016

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

EorayMel posted:

And last, but not least: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRgl6K1Qecg

These could make for some great avatars.

This video caused me to ask a very important question.

What would Lisa Frank Goatse look like?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Radio Help posted:

Yea I've wanted one as well since I saw this picture a while back, and something just occurred to me: a good friend of mine is a very good leatherworker who specializes in handmade wallets and I screenprint. I'll hit you up if we can figure out a realistic way to make it happen.

If you did one from Tupac's "Hit Em Up" or Ying Yang Twins "What's Happenin'?" You would make a ton of money... or at least like 60 bucks or something from me. I have no clue how much you would charge, but I would be down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

bulletsponge13 posted:

If you did one from Tupac's "Hit Em Up" or Ying Yang Twins "What's Happenin'?" You would make a ton of money... or at least like 60 bucks or something from me. I have no clue how much you would charge, but I would be down.

Really depends on how much my buddy would want for a batch of simple leather bifolds. He normally does a bunch of leather tooling and other fancy gee-gaws on his stuff, but the base product is really nice. I'll let ya know