Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
haha, poo poo. They went and blew it up. Good job Brits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

axeil posted:

Scotland just had a referendum that barely sided with stay but given the new reality and the SNP having almost every seat in Scotland you can bet they'll try and get another vote.

For Northern Ireland who knows, but Irish unification would be hilarious as a result of this.

I haven't been keeping up on the Ireland thread but I'm assuming that's still its own shitshow. Long live the Free State of Belfast, maybe?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Lid posted:

Well it was nice while The Troubles were on hiatus.

That's my main worry in all of this, from my 97% ignorant stance anyway. :ohdear:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Pistol_Pete posted:

What does the currency crash and stock market sell-off imply for interest rates?

(I'm kind of hoping for swingeing interest rate rises and a subsequent house price crash, just to gently caress off all the complacent home-owners who voted 'Leave')

Buy gold. Or wheat / rice depending on how panicked you are.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
In ten years Wales will be independent and Essex will be at war with Mercia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

axeil posted:

Which is why I think we need to end elections. Rule by automated system and bureaucracy. We just need a few more years to code ourselves a program that will run the government better than we can, the same way we've made better chess players, Go players, drivers, manufacturers, etc. Democracy was an imperfect system to capture what's best for the people, but now we can finally replace it with something better.

Dude, were you watching Person of Interest?

• Locked thread