Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Resurgence really sucked rear end. None of the intense build up of the last movie was present. Everything just kind of jumped from one point to another randomly with no flow. None of the action sequences made any sense and there was no character development. I've watched the first film every year for the last 20 years and that movie is so fun and good.

Yeah I just saw it and it's ridiculous junk. Everyone is where they are because of nepotism and the one guy who isn't is hated by his boss and somehow doesn't get drummed out when he just walks away from a superior officer in the canteen. Then Will Smith's son, who is the squadron leader, tells his squad to go on without him because he's gotta go see about his mum and everyone is apparently fine with him deserting. Also wasn't his mom a stripper in the first movie?

Anyway there's way too much comic relief and all of it sucks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

clown shoes posted:

She's actually a hospital administrator, which I don't think are necessarily doctors..?
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/vivica-fox-longer-stripping-tips-independence-day-sequel/story?id=40102984

Nice catch.

Another thing I thought was weird was the size of the queen on the infrared scan. I figured they would have gone full Alien and have a massive egg sack attached to her that she would shed when the fighting happened, but she's literally just an oversized harvester right down to the armor design and tentacles. Missed opportunity.

• Locked thread