Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Basebf555 posted:

That article is so idiotic, the whole point of it seems to be "Were you confused as to the canon explanation for why Goldbum says the same line in both movies? Well be confused no more, the makers of Independence Day just liked the line and wanted to include it in the movie!"

No poo poo.

Edit: Oh wait is that the whole point of this site? Articles written by a dumb guy? I don't understand the internet anymore.

I dunno, I feel like the fact that they just straight up lifted the audio clip from JP (instead of actually having him say it again) is kinda interesting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also: this movie's greatest sin is that it completely wastes Maika Monroe. Seriously, you get basically the best actress under the age of 30... and you pretty much give her a bit part? The hell?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Monday_ posted:

Her part was as big as anyone's. When you have an ensemble cast of like 25 characters, everyone gets a bit part.

I mean, if nobody else in the movie did anything, this would be true, but... her character does literally nothing except worry about her fiancé.

• Locked thread