Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Pierson posted:

(a jungle war between guerillas and aliens in the aftermath of the invasion sounds cool why didn't they just film that?),

Have you seen the tv show falling skies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Well my take on it is this.

There was no way to make a sequel to ID4, yes humanity survived but I think it would have lead to mad max, last ship territory, the loss of major cities, government leaderships. It would take generations for us to recover from such a thing. ID4 is really a one off movie, or if you try to expanded the universe you can t just a repeat of aliens come and blow poo poo up,

I saw a you tube video where people talk about the failed fantastic 4 movie. How the original scrip was, one dude made a point that if you do a time skip over something that sounds like a more interesting part of the movie than maybe your telling the wrong story.

The land last surviving alien ship in africa is a much more interesting story.

The sphere...okay have the sphere do its evacuation thing and then have humanity start fighting the aliens (did they ever get a name)?

The reason for wanting a molten core is honestly a good reason to gently caress up earth, other than maybe they wanted to colonize the planet after killing us.

• Locked thread