Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Xarthor posted:

S. Williams / McHale is on now. Serena is looking a little tense. And McHale is really taking it to her. We'll see if McHale has the energy to keep up this pace.

Great challenge by McHale when Serena had set point and then she rallied to win the set in tiebreaks (with a couple of double faults from Serena), and then took the first game of Set 2. Serena needs to regain her focus quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
DONT MAKE SERENA ANGRY...YOU WOULDNT LIKE HER ANGRY!!

Great second set from Serena. Way to kick it into high gear.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

McHale, up 2-0 in set 3 and 40-15 in the game, had a chance to go to 3-0 but blew it, culminating in a double fault on advantage Serena. Might be the turning point.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

chaoslord posted:

McHale, up 2-0 in set 3 and 40-15 in the game, had a chance to go to 3-0 but blew it, culminating in a double fault on advantage Serena. Might be the turning point.
It's ugly to watch. Serena falls apart a fair amount but none of the mediocre players can close the deal on her.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Good serving to close it out by Serena, and good match. That rally they played early in the penultimate game was fantastic. Debating if to switch to Petra's match or the 5th set of Fognini v Lopez.

Kyrgios and Brown played possibly the shortest five-setter ever, in 125 minutes. It was really refreshing how quick they play, to be honest. No excessive toweling between points (maybe because they're so short), no faffing about looking for the least fuzzy ball or whatever, they just get on with it.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Moore's giving Kuznetsova a game!

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Djokovic is a set and a break down. Lots of exciting matches today.

e: make that a double break down!

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 1, 2016

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

holy crap querrey

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sodium Chloride posted:

Djokovic is a set and a break down. Lots of exciting matches today.

Now two breaks down. Querrey up 7-6, 5-1, serving now. Jeez.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

loving rain!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
This is Kevin Anderson all over again. There will be a rain delay and Djokovic will come out and dominate to win in 5.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I didn't even see Djoker was 2 sets down. Petra is also struggling. I hope they don't have to come back until tomorrow so they can regroup.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

vyelkin posted:

This is Kevin Anderson all over again. There will be a rain delay and Djokovic will come out and dominate to win in 5.

don't jinx it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dalai Trauma posted:

don't jinx it

It's inevitable. Dehumanize yourself and accept that Djokovic will win every title from now until the end of time.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

vyelkin posted:

It's inevitable. Dehumanize yourself and accept that Djokovic will win every title from now until the end of time.
This but unironically :devil:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

vyelkin posted:

feels weird to pray for the heat death of the universe

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Djokovic's body will break down next year. You need bread to survive.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Play called off on the outside courts. Rain saves Djokovic.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Djokovic's body will break down next year. You need bread to survive.

he will run out of gluten free food and that will be it

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Wimbledon/status/748966960277417984

Inevitable when there's been rain every day.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
If Djokovic bows out, is Fed the favorite?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ross Angeles posted:

If Djokovic bows out, is Fed the favorite?

From the OP, before the tournament started:

Top 8 Men's Betting Favorites (Ladbrokes)
N Djokovic 8/11
A Murray 5/2
R Federer 12/1
M Raonic 14/1
S Wawrinka 20/1
N Kyrgios 20/1
D Thiem 40/1
K Nishikori 50/1
M Cilic 50/1

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Holy christ the wimbledon website is rear end.

Between that and not liking grass court tennis I remember why I sit this one out every year.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Gibbo posted:

Holy christ the wimbledon website is rear end.

Between that and not liking grass court tennis I remember why I sit this one out every year.

lmao at not watching the best tennis tourney of the year because you don't like the website. maybe you don't actually like tennis????

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

you can do this querrey. do it for us, the fans

E: gently caress

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 2, 2016

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Man the rain delay yesterday saved Djokovic maybe this one can keep Querrey from getting rolled.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Novak and Querrey are back on Court 1. Should be a cracker.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

this is it. this is the set.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Hey look it's raining at Wimbledon again. This is such a shock.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao what dumb motherfucker opened the roof?

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Yea the roof should just be closed 24/7 this year.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

look guys we built this super expensive roof to keep rain off centre court in this, the wettest sporting competition not involving scuba diving but as it's been literally seconds since the last downpour, i think we're good to open it

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Querrey is unable to do more than 4 or so volleys in a row without hitting it out, it's really just a battle to see if Djokovic screws up before that point.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Querrey is little more than a serve machine with very, very slow wheels. Djokovic is basically beating himself out there.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Querrey was always going to lose the third, but it looks like he's regrouped. He will lose the fourth, possibly after dropping a couple of match points, then crumble mentally in the fifth. Kind of like Tsonga at RG a few years back.

Prove me wrong, Sam.

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space
Querrey appears to sweating absolute buckets.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Yea this match is over. Querrey had to take this set I think to win and couldn't convert.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

drat it Querrey. When he had those break points I started to believe.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.
Querrey could've saved tennis, the world even. All he had to do was win one single set, just one.

edit - bitch broke back!! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Querrey isn't dead in the forth yet! :woop:

• Locked thread