Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Powershift posted:

Now we wait for slung blade to come in and make us all jealous.

I thought I wasn't allowed to post my garage in here :smith:

Also your paint can shelves idea is awesome, I really like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Cakefool posted:

You're always welcome, we'll just be jealous.

So my house has a 3 car garage. But it seems to be full of poo poo.

The poor coronet is a shelf. :smith:

I needed to do something about this, it's impossible to work on anything in here without excavating for 2 hours beforehand.

THUS, a recipe for materialistic happiness to fill that gaping void in your life:

Start with a hole.

Add cement and gravel.

Insert wood.

Extra rebar.

Add siding and doors, mix in snow for fun.

Comes with a heater (trenched in the natural gas line) and a big exhaust fan.

And of course...

Oh and some lights and stuff.

Wifi, I had them trench in cat 5 while they put in the electrical. I made the shelf arms, they are not perfect but eh.

The lift is fun.

I need an oil change drain pan for under the hoist.

And today I tidied up a bit.

Engine storage corner.

There's a fair bit of room in front of the truck there.

I need to build a proper fabrication table for welding and cutting on. TIG, MIG, and a plasma cutter on the floor. Oh and a beer fridge of course.

And some basic storage. I need some shelves and tire racks for certain.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Slung Blade posted:

The poor coronet is a shelf. :smith:

NO LONGER.

I bought 2 sets of steel shelving. 2 sets = 4 verticals and a pile of horizontals, enough to make 3 units with room to wheel stuff underneath.

Looks alright. I'm probably going to take that shelf under the tires out, doesn't serve much purpose, but I needed it while assembling.

Man it's weird having a small car in here where the Dodge used to loom.

So yeah, the electric tractor and the Coronet are now housed in the shop, where they belong. I might actually work on them now.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Slowly building up my shop tools.

New parts washer.

An inexpensive transmission jack.

Needed it to lift up Seat Safety Switch's transmission mount.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I replaced two of my switches with timers. Why are they different? because the fan draws a fuckload of power, and that timer is rated for more amps. In retrospect I wish I had gotten two of them, that one on the right doesn't fit in the housing very well, the wires come out of the unit on the right, so it hits the edge and levers it over a little. No, I can't move it to a different bay because it's already labeled, what are you, some kind of criminal? Still, this allows me to use the exterior lighting to see my way back into the house without having to leave the lights on all night. Or run the fan for a few minutes after I pull a vehicle out to go somewhere and clear the exhaust.

I do like having music playing while I work. This little bluetooth speaker worked great, but it's a little, uh, small.

Just so happened, my friend was selling these rad polk audio speakers.

So I bought an amp and a TV hanger, and I finally have a use for my old living room TV. This amp is bluetooth as well, and I can plug the workshop laptop into it via HDMI passthrough.

Now I have enough wattage to deafen myself and the neighbour's dog. :coal: It sounds amazing with the Fury Road soundtrack blasting through the building.

• Locked thread