Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Problem description: I have a tenacious link redirect malware in Chrome. It seems to be using some combination of cookies (disabling 3rd party cookies seems to stop it) and javascript (js hasn't really been working since I got the thing. I think it's trying to hijack it and failing, but is also preventing js from working correctly. For example, most of imgur doesn't work and here on SA, clicking the top left of thumbnailed pictures does nothing.). I've attached what Malwarebytes finds, removing it only lasts until I next launch Chrome.

Attempted fixes: I've run RKill, then Malwarebytes, then ADWCleaner, then JRT after restart. The only program that finds anything is Malwarebytes and it only removes what crops up after the thing regenerates itself when I run Chrome for a bit. Running Malwarebytes in Safe mode didn't turn up anything extra. I've also run Housecall and Rootkitbuster with no luck. I have a Hijackthis log if somebody wants to look at it.

Recent changes: Nothing out of the ordinary I can think of, I must have gone to a particularly sketchy site by accident and gotten something that made it past uBlock Origin and Ghostery.

--

Operating system: Win7 64bit

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Zenzirouj fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Thanks, I'll give that tool a try and then look into what Grapeshot said.

• Locked thread