Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Thread Title shall we name this new thread?
This poll is closed.
Independence Day 2: Resturgeonce 44 21.36%
ScotPol - Unclustering this gently caress 19 9.22%
Trainspotting 2: Independence is my heroin 9 4.37%
Indyref II: Boris hosed a Dead Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol: Wings over Bullshit 8 3.88%
Independence 2: Cameron Lied, UK Died 24 11.65%
Scotpol IV: I Vow To Flee My Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol - A twice in a generation thread 17 8.25%
ScotPol - Where Everything's hosed Up and the Referendums Don't Matter 15 7.28%
ScotPol Thread: Dependence Referendum Incoming 2 0.97%
Indyref II: The Scottish Insturgeoncy 10 4.85%
ScotPol Thread: Act of European Union 5 2.43%
ScotPol - Like Game of Thrones only we wish we would all die 25 12.14%
Total: 206 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Acaila posted:

I only recognise three names there - the MEPs and Muscatelli, who IIRC everyone hates?

Lord Kerr used to be head of the Diplomatic Service, and he's about the most establishment person there is, or is possible to be. His wiki entry is an interesting read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerr,_Baron_Kerr_of_Kinlochard . The Trilateral Commission, Bilderbergs, Rio Tinto and Royal Dutch Shell, on top of the FCO work! But, a useful ally, perhaps, with the usual caveats about long-spoon supping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

keep punching joe posted:

Scottish Twitter lawyers are a pro follow, especially for land reform and constitutional issues. I'd recommend @PeatWorrier @loveandgarbage @trewloy @MalcolmCombe @profchalmers.

Stick with @trewloy (the former @loveandgarbage) even when he goes a bit odd (his "think of a number between one and a million" game where he retweeted all the hundreds of replies, for example) - he's a master of the twitter form, and utterly forensically brutal when he gets the bit between his teeth on a legal matter.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Father Jack posted:

Where does the the phrase ""Are you yes yet?" originate?

See also "indy-curious"

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Jedit posted:

Sturgeon does realise she's robbing Peter to pay Paul, right?

Council funding is an ongoing catastrophe right now. An utter, utter disaster for things like adult services - services that once they are gone will be practically impossible to start up again.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

Haggis is good, its basically a halfway house between sausage and burger that you can eat without teeth.

It properly owns bones with other things though, like Haggis on burgers or Balmoral Chicken.

Its weird it has this stigma as gross elsewhere though, if anything its a bit too bland.

Haggis pakora is proper tasty fusion cuisine

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

Without the polling stations and vote counters I'm not sure how such a poll would be possible.

Perhaps they could seek advice from their major donor Brian Souter? After all, he has experience organising a Scotland -wide poll that eschewed polling stations.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

hakimashou posted:

Are these things jokes or does he write columns like that?

He really does. It's an excruciating mish-mash of some words that some Scots (including me) use with just made up shite.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

jre posted:

How long was she leader for ? 2 years ?

Yeah, and a couple of weeks.

No great surprise she's stepping down, for a whole host of reasons. I wish her luck - her heart's in the right place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Saw the Social Security (Scotland) bill past and also that the Nats voted with Tories to stop a Labour amendment to increase child benefit payments by a fiver which seems bad. At least the Green amendment to ban unnecessary medical assessments for disability benefit claimants is a humane step.

Not actually sure all the benefits covered by this, except it's not for the unemployed. Presumably that was something Westminster refused to devolve?

Scottish Government got some local amendments to Universal Credit, although I think that all that amounts to is making more front-and-centre some options that are already catered for eg frequency of payments, paying landlords directly

Edit: to be a bit clearer, UC has inbuilt flexibility on certain matters, but only accessible by DWP staff. In Scotland those options are offered to every claimant through the UC journal system.

TheHoodedClaw fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 25, 2018