Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Thread Title shall we name this new thread?
This poll is closed.
Independence Day 2: Resturgeonce 44 21.36%
ScotPol - Unclustering this gently caress 19 9.22%
Trainspotting 2: Independence is my heroin 9 4.37%
Indyref II: Boris hosed a Dead Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol: Wings over Bullshit 8 3.88%
Independence 2: Cameron Lied, UK Died 24 11.65%
Scotpol IV: I Vow To Flee My Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol - A twice in a generation thread 17 8.25%
ScotPol - Where Everything's hosed Up and the Referendums Don't Matter 15 7.28%
ScotPol Thread: Dependence Referendum Incoming 2 0.97%
Indyref II: The Scottish Insturgeoncy 10 4.85%
ScotPol Thread: Act of European Union 5 2.43%
ScotPol - Like Game of Thrones only we wish we would all die 25 12.14%
Total: 206 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

To be honest, at this point would it be a bad thing if Scotland ditched the Pound? I can't see it ever recovering to the same levels it once was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sion posted:

This seems pretty alarmist. Is it not too early to say 'well, this poo poo is non-recoverable'

Eh, maybe. I'm not sure the EU would be happy if our currency was still in Pounds which is also the currency of a non-EU member though. I think if we were to join the EU, we'd have to either switch to Euro or adopt our own currency.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Coohoolin posted:

Ooh can we chat about what to call our new currency?

Bitcoin, duh. Or Scotcoin.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Is Pissflaps the epitome of "British public wrong about very nearly everything" or something?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Can't sleep, but I'm raging that large parts of Scotland were stupid enough to vote Tory. gently caress sake, if the Tories get in because of Scotland, I'll pretty much never forgive this country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Basically, in the inevitable next general election which will be called within a year because the coalition with the DUP is going to break down hard, both Scottish Labour and the SNP need to completely refocus their efforts. SNP need to ditch any notions for Indyref 2 and Scottish Labour need to stop being so useless and incompetent to the point they were actually telling voters to vote Tory over the SNP. Kezia Dugdale especially needs to get the boot and replaced with those loyal to Corbyn. Then they need to campaign hard, so hard to win over those who were disenfranchised with both parties and instead of fighting each other over independence, instead turn the knives to the Tories and what they've done and what they're going to do.

Scotland going Tory can be recovered from. I'm pissed that it happened and disgusted that people I know have voted Tory and are the reason I now have a Tory MP. But it's not irreversible.