Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Thread Title shall we name this new thread?
This poll is closed.
Independence Day 2: Resturgeonce 44 21.36%
ScotPol - Unclustering this gently caress 19 9.22%
Trainspotting 2: Independence is my heroin 9 4.37%
Indyref II: Boris hosed a Dead Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol: Wings over Bullshit 8 3.88%
Independence 2: Cameron Lied, UK Died 24 11.65%
Scotpol IV: I Vow To Flee My Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol - A twice in a generation thread 17 8.25%
ScotPol - Where Everything's hosed Up and the Referendums Don't Matter 15 7.28%
ScotPol Thread: Dependence Referendum Incoming 2 0.97%
Indyref II: The Scottish Insturgeoncy 10 4.85%
ScotPol Thread: Act of European Union 5 2.43%
ScotPol - Like Game of Thrones only we wish we would all die 25 12.14%
Total: 206 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I like you guys, you need to split from the shitshow that UK is.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Try again without the hyperbole.

Things will be worse than they would have been, but the sky isn't falling.

Brexit demonstrates why breaking union with your most important partners is a bad idea. What's true for the UK is true for Scotland.

Nationalism got us into this mess. More nationalism is not the solution.

Secessionism is not nationalism

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Like I get what you're saying but the SNP wants to break away from the union (and seems to be edging towards getting popular support for that) so that they can then join an even bigger union. It's plainly an effort to jump a sinking ship. Just cause they have National in the name doesn't make them nationalist.

It also helps that the Scottish seem to be the only politiicians who have a loving clue and are attempting to go towards a clean cut, reasonable goal that most of their constituency supports. And that Sturgeon is coming across as the only sane leader in the UK. e; actually that's dismissive of Corbyn but Labour is so unbelievably hosed he can't actually do anything useful but has to deflect a limp dicked coup.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo those heels.

Ok everything is just wonderfully bizarre. Scotlab tearing itself up over Corbyn, the EU pretty much winking at us to bail and go party with them, and Ruthie being Ruthie.

Oh and Nicola is still fantastic.

Sturgeon is a beacon of normalcy in the hellscape known as british politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

bitterandtwisted posted:

The intersection is pretty major in some of the biggest No areas, eg Edinburgh was ~75% remain and 61% No, but the biggest Yes areas were still solidly Remain

that intersection alone (if they switched to Yes) would make the election too close to call