Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Oofuri is my fav. sports anime, so hopefully we can have it up in the OP too?

Ookiku Furikabutte

After a torrid and confidence-crushing middle school baseball experience where he was constantly and solely blamed for his previous team's losses, Mihashi Ren decided to give up the sport upon joining high school. Having been given the mound due to nepotism (his grandfather owns the middle school he attended) and refusing to give it up to a much more talented teammate, Mihashi decided he was unfit and and unworthy to continue playing. However, he was roped into his high school team as the club's only pitcher, as his teammates - all fellow first years - sought to establish themselves as a newly formed team amidst some of the biggest schools in the Saitama region. Mihashi quickly becomes a key part of the team due to his pin-point accuracy, which he picked up from extensive isolated practice, but his strategic knowledge is borderline non-existent due to his lack of experience within a strong battery previously. This is taken advantage of by his new partner Takaya Abe, who is one of the most cunning battery leaders in the region, though he has negative battery experiences of his own. The series follows Mihashi as he tries to overcome his crippling lack of self confidence, with the help of a really cool and supportive group of teammates and staff, and Nishiura's development as an inexperienced team - making use of its few strong points against much more capable opponents in strategically and psychologically engaging matches.

Oofuri is a fantastic series that is very much along the same vein as Haikyuu!!, with many wonderful characters who are lovely and cool and great. You really become attached to the main cast quite quickly, and the games are very effective at providing satisfying victories and utterly painful losses. The series is created by a sports psychologist, so character relationships and psychology are quite prominent and are, imo, its best parts. The slice-of-life scenes are really wonderful, too!

Also the series is gay as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread