Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Everything Burrito posted:

I've had Giant Killing saved for months and finally got around to starting it tonight. First impression was it was a fairly ugly show and got off to a slow start, then I marathoned 13 episodes in one sitting :iia:
Once all the characters' personalities came out it became really engaging and if I didn't have to sleep I'd still be watching. Other than One Outs this is the only other team sport show I'm aware of that isn't set in high school, and the pro setting is a nice difference since the players have different concerns (like being too old to keep up with the young guys) and the different support groups that surround the team getting some attention is nice as well. I like the old fans' rivalry with the new fans lol.

The little CG players when they zoom away from the field are hilarious though. It looks so bad but they're kind of adorable :3:

Speaking of adorable, Tsubaki is a precious cinnamon roll. His progress has been very fun to watch.

Giant Killing is easily the best football anime/manga. It's still unrealistic but I love how difficult it makes the matches feel: there aren't any anime superpowers, just scheming and psychology. It's clear that the author is a fan of a struggling club because he completely gets it. Much more interesting than the plethora of media about prodigal kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Unfortunately the manga can feel a bit slow paced since single matches often stretch over multiple issues. I think there have been over 100 chapters and the season isn't over yet. I've been reading about the same match since the start of the year...

The art style is really kinetic and I think the characters have a lot of personality in the way they "move" on the page. Reminds me a bit of the artist who does You Are the Ref.

• Locked thread