Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm looking forward to Battery and Cheer Boys a whole lot, and had originally put Days on my to-watch list but read a few chapters of the manga and it didn't really grab me.

It's still a ways away but All Out!! might be worth a mention in the upcoming anime list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've had Giant Killing saved for months and finally got around to starting it tonight. First impression was it was a fairly ugly show and got off to a slow start, then I marathoned 13 episodes in one sitting :iia:
Once all the characters' personalities came out it became really engaging and if I didn't have to sleep I'd still be watching. Other than One Outs this is the only other team sport show I'm aware of that isn't set in high school, and the pro setting is a nice difference since the players have different concerns (like being too old to keep up with the young guys) and the different support groups that surround the team getting some attention is nice as well. I like the old fans' rivalry with the new fans lol.

The little CG players when they zoom away from the field are hilarious though. It looks so bad but they're kind of adorable :3:

Speaking of adorable, Tsubaki is a precious cinnamon roll. His progress has been very fun to watch.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finished watching it today and it really was great. I'm gonna hop into the manga where it left off, seems like the adaption was pretty close judging from the chapters I skimmed that were in the anime. I appreciate the anime trying to keep the art style but it really didn't do it justice, the feeling when I opened up the manga and how much more fitting the art style was had a big impact and I'm kinda glad I watched it before I looked at it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
yay I found my favorite track from the soundtrack - Zunousen is the name of it for when that video gets deleted so I can find it again
(mostly I just like the part that starts at 40 seconds in, gets in my head like crazy)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really enjoyed Kuroko's Basketball but got bogged down with it toward the end and never finished the third season. The second season was the best for me, mostly for the side plot with Kyoshi -- he ended up being one of my favorite characters and his arc was a really good, pure sports story and I thought would have made an excellent show all by itself, better than the main plot by far. I think once that was over and it got into the flashback stuff of season 3 I just didn't care about the Generation of Miracles that much in comparison and lost interest in continuing.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I looked into watching that for some dad feels but spoiled myself on what happens so I'm probably never going to watch it now lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
15 - Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby Bu is the other rugby manga besides All Out!! and has the benefit of being short and completely translated and significantly less weird-looking.
Ever since he was little, Akira wanted to be a rugby player. But since he lived on a tiny island with no other children, it was very difficult for him to learn how to play. In hopes of becoming useful to a rugby team, he practiced the one thing he could do by himself, kicking. Now Akira is heading to high school, and he's going to try to make his dreams of playing rugby and having friends come true!

Despite all the crybaby Batoto comments it's not that much gayer than any other sports manga, it has a few suggestive scenes and pairs up characters for easy shipping but nobody kisses or anything (unfortunately). Since it's so short the plot doesn't have a whole lot of room for them to develop as a team but I thought the end was pretty satisfying despite that. I also appreciated the rugby explanations because I know absolutely zero about it as a sport other than rugby players are hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dear Boys is expiring on crunchy at the end of the month, is it worth trying to watch it before they lose it? Looks kinda dated and I have a ton of shows to watch but if it's worth a look I might try to squeeze it in over a weekend or something.

oh yeah also are we going to continue this thread considering boom's status now? I'm never sure how that works, when an OP gets banned or is no longer welcome or whatever.

• Locked thread