Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That would mean Adachi series wouldn't count either and that's hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I guess I could post about Adachi things in the romance series thread tho...

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Ping Pong!!!!!!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've been watching Major and I'm digging it so far. These opening episodes are like a single dad series, just that in this case the dad also plays baseball. The protagonist is only 5 years old at this point so while we see that he loves baseball and has a lot of potential, for now it cuts to the baseball dad for the sports action.

It's a shame the single dad aspect is presumably not going to last very long because the OP has some uh, very blatant imagery to say the least.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

I looked into watching that for some dad feels but spoiled myself on what happens so I'm probably never going to watch it now lol

Yeah I get the feeling that since the very first OP hints at it in at least 4 different ways it's not gonna be long before he's out of the picture. It's a cool aspect of the show but with how strongly the spoiler is being pushed I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone for the dad aspect alone.

It's a nice element to have in the show but what I'm mainly interested in is seeing time progress. I love that sort of thing so knowing that there's going to be a lot of episodes spent on every part of the protagonist's life from age 5 to however old he is when he reaches the end of his pro career will definitely keep me motivated.

• Locked thread