Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Should I buy a Mac Mini by Apple computers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
BONGHITZ

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

hi

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

DON'T BUY

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

counterpoint BUY

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

moonshine is...... posted:

counterpoint BUY

Fight me

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I am ready to buy, I am ready to die

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
DO NOT purchase a machine without a fusion drive or SSD

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I bought a Mac mini in 2011 and I still use it. it is good. although I kinda want to put this 120 gig ssd I have lying around in it but I watched the toms hardware YouTube on how to do it and gently caress that noise 5400rpm for life bro and will see if someone will send the 120 to zdr

in summary, and I. answer to your question: yes, BONGHITZ

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

zen death robot posted:

don't buy a mac

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

zen death robot posted:

don't buy a mac

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I bought a Mac mini in 2011 and I still use it. it is good. although I kinda want to put this 120 gig ssd I have lying around in it but I watched the toms hardware YouTube on how to do it and gently caress that noise 5400rpm for life bro and will see if someone will send the 120 to zdr

in summary, and I. answer to your question: yes, BONGHITZ

i have a 2011 mac mini and i put an ssd into it, it's like night and day

it's not that hard, just be careful not to break the tiny cable for the front led, is really easy to (and i did)

don't send it to zdr

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it looked very fiddly and I want nothing to do with it.
Hoping my Auckland nerd friend will do me a solid when I am up there next

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I'm actually going to put the 120ssd into my dads 2007 MacBook Pro, which has a 120 old school gig in it anyway.

though he is thinking of buying a new one, in which case I'll take that 2007 MacBook off his hands

or is it a 2006? it was the first with an Intel duo and it cost him a stupid amount of money nine years ago

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

it looked very fiddly and I want nothing to do with it.
Hoping my Auckland nerd friend will do me a solid when I am up there next

auckland is the largest city and economic centre of new zealand :keke:

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Wait until Apple (hopefully) refreshes the Macs mini with newer CPUs etc

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Yes, but get a 2012. The 2014 has the memory soldered on. Replacing the hard drive doesn't take long.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i've had 3, and still have two setup and using. they are amongst some of the most solid, diehard apple computers

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Doc Block posted:

yeah it's been a long time wtf

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

zen death robot posted:

don't buy a mac

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it's like a miniature Macintosh!

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Doc Block posted:

but what if he needs to do some computing before the heat death of the universe

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

should I buy this in great British pounds?

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
did you know, with just a few simple components and a little bit of effort, you can make your own macintosh computer for a fraction of the price

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

tell me how, I am unlearned

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

angry_keebler posted:

did you know, with just a few simple components and a little bit of effort, you can make your own macintosh computer for a fraction of the price

hackintoshes are fuckin fail

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah why waste good hardware on osx

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

yeah why waste good hardware on osx

windows is bad.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

i got a late 09 imac for free not booting. put an SSD in it and took it from 4GB to 12GB and it owns.

what im saying is you should buy a mac mini bye

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

windows is bad.

Windows has the most robust library of software by a wide margin, and the best hardware performance. All cross compatible programs work best on Windows, anyways. Not only that, but Windows 10 is the second best looking OS, behind only anything running Gnome 3.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Smythe posted:

Windows has the most robust library of software by a wide margin, and the best hardware performance. All cross compatible programs work best on Windows, anyways. Not only that, but Windows 10 is the second best looking OS, behind only anything running Gnome 3.

counterpoint: the start button doesn't even work in windows 10 and ms had to release a troubleshooting tool for of the most iconic buttons in tech

it's poo poo.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the start button works fine

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Smythe posted:

this post is too ridiculous to even be funy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

the start button works fine

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Windows 10 is loving Smooth

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

Windows 10 is loving Smooth