Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article23165235.ab

Due to shortages of police, Swedish police recruitment will now start to accept aspirants that are below normal talent in general problem solving.
One would think that maybe, they could instead increase the amount of trained police officers on the street by not spending years upon years shuffling them into administrative duties formerly done by non police officers, but apparently that is out of the question and tasks like passport renewal can not be done by ordinary workers.

:sweden::respek::911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Zudgemud posted:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article23165235.ab

Due to shortages of police, Swedish police recruitment will now start to accept aspirants that are below normal talent in general problem solving.
One would think that maybe, they could instead increase the amount of trained police officers on the street by not spending years upon years shuffling them into administrative duties formerly done by non police officers, but apparently that is out of the question and tasks like passport renewal can not be done by ordinary workers.

:sweden::respek::911:
Well, I suppose it's still better than the US system, where you have to be dumber than average.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.

McCloud posted:

Shares a blind spot with MP when it comes to oppressive cultural practices from foreign cultures. Ostracize their own when they don't turn a blind eye to said cultural practices.
Pretty disappointing to see the OP parroting lies from the rightwing media. Amineh Kakabaveh was "ostracized"(actually just asked to temporarily suspend her political work) because she was sharing an incredibly racist video on facebook. She claims this was done unknowingly, which may or may not be true. Either way it's lightyears away from the idea that she was under attack because the party wanted to "turn a blind eye" to certain cultural practices. V is probably the most culturally critical party in this country, outside of maybe Fi. It just so happens that most of the destructive cultural practices in Sweden are Swedish in origin - an insight that greatly upsets the far right who consider their culture to be beyond reproach.

Also, while it might seem petty, it's unfortunate that the OP choose the "Whites" icon for the thread. Believe it or not but a large group of people living in Scandinavia are non-white. I understand that it might be jokish but constantly equating northern europe with white is a very harmful and unfortunately common idea that needs to be thoroughly destroyed, just like white supremacy itself.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
avgå alla

especially riksrevisionen and jan björklund

Magical Zero posted:

Pretty disappointing to see the OP parroting lies from the rightwing media. Amineh Kakabaveh was "ostracized"(actually just asked to temporarily suspend her political work) because she was sharing an incredibly racist video on facebook. She claims this was done unknowingly, which may or may not be true. Either way it's lightyears away from the idea that she was under attack because the party wanted to "turn a blind eye" to certain cultural practices. V is probably the most culturally critical party in this country, outside of maybe Fi. It just so happens that most of the destructive cultural practices in Sweden are Swedish in origin - an insight that greatly upsets the far right who consider their culture to be beyond reproach.

Also, while it might seem petty, it's unfortunate that the OP choose the "Whites" icon for the thread. Believe it or not but a large group of people living in Scandinavia are non-white. I understand that it might be jokish but constantly equating northern europe with white is a very harmful and unfortunately common idea that needs to be thoroughly destroyed, just like white supremacy itself.

this reads like a joke post

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Min mormor gav min en highfive och en kram när jag berättade att jag var blockad av Bildt

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

especially riksrevisionen and jan björklund

Har jag missat något nu?

Frag Man
Sep 2, 2011
OP whats the source for those Kung Fury-style party leaders? I can se it's SVT but can't se where they would come from. Does SVT have a Tankesmedjan show?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Har jag missat något nu?

Han är bara en trött karaktär som jag helst vill slippa se, du har inte missat något. Bara bisarrt att han fortfarande är med när han riskerar att sänka partiet till irrelevans

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wild Horses posted:

Han är bara en trött karaktär som jag helst vill slippa se, du har inte missat något. Bara bisarrt att han fortfarande är med när han riskerar att sänka partiet till irrelevans

lol om du tror partiet har haft någon som helst relevans det här årtiondet

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Låt oss låtsas om att det finns en poäng att rösta på olika partier i Sverige.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This year it became possible to change your legal gender in Norway by request. No need to provide a reason. Just inform the population register and it`ll get done. I agree with that. It was not decent to demand people get castrated before they could change their legal gender.

But now we have to rethink out where and when gender should have legal consequences. In particular this applies to the various types of mild positive discimination to help women get into academia, the military and various male dominated professions. Do we tweak these policies so that you can only benefit from them if you were assigned "female" at birth? Do we require that you have to outwardly appear as a woman for a certain amount of time ( say 5 years for example). Or do we say gently caress it and hope for the best? Remove them completely because gender is a false construct that we are now offically over and done with?

I am sure there are other areas where your legal gender matters that will require a rethink now that anyone can have it changed.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

Låt oss låtsas om att det finns en poäng att rösta på olika partier i Sverige.

FI? :sweden:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Baudolino posted:

I am sure there are other areas where your legal gender matters that will require a rethink now that anyone can have it changed.

Sports is a big one. What league does a transgender person compete in?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Baudolino posted:

This year it became possible to change your legal gender in Norway by request. No need to provide a reason. Just inform the population register and it`ll get done. I agree with that. It was not decent to demand people get castrated before they could change their legal gender.

But now we have to rethink out where and when gender should have legal consequences. In particular this applies to the various types of mild positive discimination to help women get into academia, the military and various male dominated professions. Do we tweak these policies so that you can only benefit from them if you were assigned "female" at birth? Do we require that you have to outwardly appear as a woman for a certain amount of time ( say 5 years for example). Or do we say gently caress it and hope for the best? Remove them completely because gender is a false construct that we are now offically over and done with?

I mean, this seems like a vanishingly small problem but should probably be monitored. Sounds like it should be 'wait and see if this actually becomes an issue'

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Lets for the sake of argument presume it does become an issue to the point where positive discrimination becomes clearly less effective. What then?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Baudolino posted:

Lets for the sake of argument presume it does become an issue to the point where positive discrimination becomes clearly less effective. What then?

Is it helpful at all to consider a vague extreme that will probably never happen? I mean, socially speaking, changing your gender is met with pretty loving extreme reactions already.

So let's not presume that.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Thats migthy dull of you.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hey guys, doing some light research here, and I'm hoping you can help me out:

Can you show me what a Scandinavian 7 looks like?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

An odd request, but here you go.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Wild Horses posted:

So we are doing this again?

Regarding Björklund, he is the only one at the moment that won't divide the party into even smaller pieces. There were some calls to replace him with Ohlson or Ullenhag, but both of those candidates were disqualified due to the change in the political realities.
But, yeah, he has outlived his relevance especially looking at the schools.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Cardiac posted:

So we are doing this again?

Regarding Björklund, he is the only one at the moment that won't divide the party into even smaller pieces. There were some calls to replace him with Ohlson or Ullenhag, but both of those candidates were disqualified due to the change in the political realities.
But, yeah, he has outlived his relevance especially looking at the schools.

Interesting

First time hearing about fp internal politics, explains a lot

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Wild Horses posted:

Interesting

First time hearing about fp internal politics, explains a lot

Fp is kinda a schizophrenic party, mainly since it is full of liberals. :v: also the most academic heavy party in Sweden.
You get both baton liberals as well as bleeding heart ones in one party, which made the immigration crisis kinda hard for the party.
While Ohlson had her supporters, they remain a smaller fraction and are considered divisive. She didn't try to challenge Björklund after the election and considering the change in climate she won't.
So Björklund will remain until someone better shows up.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

An odd request, but here you go.

Ah, so a British 10, or an American 8. Ok, thank you.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Jamie Lannister is considered a 7? This changes everything.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Jamie is Danish, Scarlet is..a Johansen. :)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

MRLOLAST posted:

Another tragic case of goon face blindness.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MRLOLAST posted:

Scarlett is Katheryn Winnick, Canadian-Ukrainian.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Scarlett is Katheryn Winnick, Canadian-Ukrainian.
Ukrainian in this case clearly meaning of Varangian viking descent.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

https://twitter.com/DavidCoburnUKip/status/755102430623326210

How accuate is this statement from the court jester?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Extreme0 posted:

Aside from the bit about republics it's fairly sound.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Extreme0 posted:

100% for Sweden, not at all for Denmark and Norway.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

100% for Sweden, not at all for Denmark and Norway.
Swedes can't recognise a sauna even if they are sitting in it.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Extreme0 posted:

About as accurate as saying that Scotland is a stripped plaid British dun Republic of Peacenicks and Hippie drips. Seriously, Norway and Sweden both do a brisk export trade in weapon systems and military command and control gear, and the Nordic countries all contribute to various "international operations", like in Afghanistan, anti-piracy efforts off the Horn of Africa, bombing Libya a while back and so on. And "Hippie Drips" sounds especially funny considering how materialistic the bulk of the population is.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh yeah, Sweden is producing metric fuckton of military goods for the size of the country.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

kalstrams posted:

Swedes can't recognise a sauna even if they are sitting in it.

No idea what a sauna is. Totally unrelated I enjoy steaming in a nice toasty bastu.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fox Cunning posted:

No idea what a sauna is. Totally unrelated I enjoy steaming in a nice toasty bastu.
The real question is if you insist on wearing underwear in it.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

kalstrams posted:

The real question is if you insist on wearing underwear in it.

I only wear beer in the bastu.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Lol, yeah, I was like... neither of those two are Scar Jo :raise:

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
[quote="A Buttery Pastry" post="462213529"]

Sorry for being wrong. I have never heard of that other lady. Not big on celebrities and thought that there was a Scandinavian connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MRLOLAST posted:

[quote="A Buttery Pastry" post="462213529"]

Sorry for being wrong. I have never heard of that other lady. Not big on celebrities and thought that there was a Scandinavian connection.
The Scandinavian connection here is playing in a TV show "Vikings". :rolleyes: