Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Groke posted:

Dude was so comically exaggerated racist that it almost doesn't even register as offensive.

For a second I thought you were talking about Tolkien here and got very confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Anders posted:

For a second I thought you were talking about Tolkien here and got very confused

Fortunately you were eventually able to make sense of my overly brief statement, within proper context. Or so I presume?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Groke posted:

Fortunately you were eventually able to make sense of my overly brief statement, within proper context. Or so I presume?

Yes. Lovecraft bad

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Re-Animator loving rules

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Dagon is a great Lovecraft filmization. Colour out of Space with Nick Cage was also fun times.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I sometimes love being an American living in Stockholm. This week I was grabbing food for my pregnant girlfriend at Coop Fridhelmsplan and she was on the phone. A nice Danish guy wanted to talk to me while waiting for chark, and he wanted me to be his secret racism buddy.

It has been a while since someone pulled that poo poo with me. She finally understood what I was talking about and the weirdos I sometimes attract by speaking English.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Dirk Pitt posted:

I sometimes love being an American living in Stockholm. This week I was grabbing food for my pregnant girlfriend at Coop Fridhelmsplan and she was on the phone. A nice Danish guy wanted to talk to me while waiting for chark, and he wanted me to be his secret racism buddy.

It has been a while since someone pulled that poo poo with me. She finally understood what I was talking about and the weirdos I sometimes attract by speaking English.

Well if he was insulting Swedes, it's not racism if it's a Dane saying it.

If you want confirmation of what the Dane was saying about Swedes, just ask a Norwegian or a Finn.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Yeah whatever he said about swedes it was probably true, you know how those people are.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Those Swedes have disgustingly potato-free mouths.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
That's the three most Swedish responses Dirk Pitt could have gotten to his post.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

you really can never trust a swede

out of all the scandinavians they are somehow the most smug. this is a genuine achievement

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

As a Norwegian, I can say our best trait is being neither Swedish or Danish

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

Like, how could you tell? Maybe he was just trying to sell you milk.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Sweden is an entire country of "I'm not racist, but" types.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mymla posted:

There's not even any evidence the guy was Danish. Seems much more likely that he was painted as a Dane because Dirk Pitt has been convinced by Swedish propaganda that anyone saying racist stuff is actually a Dane.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Mymla posted:

Whereas Denmark has more of an "I'm racist but in an ok way" vibe

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

There's not even any evidence the guy was Danish. Seems much more likely that he was painted as a Dane because Dirk Pitt has been convinced by Swedish propaganda that anyone saying racist stuff is actually a Dane.

Swedes sadly don't need secret racism buddies, back when I worked as a tram conductor in Stockholm I had people just casually walk up to me expecting me to agree with them being racist towards my coworkers.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Støjberg wants to make Danish citizenship contingent on acknowledging Israel's "right" to exist.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
A German state did that recently, and if I know one thing about Inger Støjberg, it's that she really loves German ideas.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Esran posted:

A German state did that recently, and if I know one thing about Inger Støjberg, it's that she really loves German ideas.

Which one and did it hold up in court?

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

jeebus bob posted:

Which one and did it hold up in court?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/12/06/germany-israel-citizenship-requirement/

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Esran posted:

And "demokratisk sindelagskontrol", as Naser Khader called it.

Oh hey, what happened to him anyway? He hasn't been in the media that much lately, except to defend genocide in Politiken.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I think he's been on stress leave since 2021?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

THE BAR posted:

I think he's been on stress leave since 2021?

I was joking, he was run out of town following numerous accusations of sexual abuse, but for some reason Politiken saw it fit to print his "gently caress Palestine" piece recently.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

I thought Politiken was the only non-racist media that was legal in Denmark? The Danish Haaretz if you like

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Speaking of media, turns out Dumpen is shittier than I had thought.

ETC

Text of the article (you’ll have to interact with r/sweden, wear gloves)
Pt 1
Pt 2

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anders posted:

I thought Politiken was the only non-racist media that was legal in Denmark? The Danish Haaretz if you like

It's a lib shitrag and had a literal Mossad agent as Chief Editor for a number of years.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

teen witch posted:

Speaking of media, turns out Dumpen is shittier than I had thought.

ETC

Text of the article (you’ll have to interact with r/sweden, wear gloves)
Pt 1
Pt 2

Vigilantes are just cops that have decided to be even less bothered with rules than regular cops. I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Anders posted:

Politiken is extremely centrist, so that's a high racism level. Information is a better bet, and maybe Arbejderen or Kommunist, though I haven't actually tried those.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Yeah, I was thinking of Information. My dad subscribed to both when I was a kid, but I think he had Information a good while longer

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

The Norwegian government actually did something really good for once :psyduck:

https://www.nrk.no/norge/vedum-vil-smelle-til-med-strengare-exit-skatt-1.16812755

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Jeg leier hus ved snuplass. Russen har fest hver natt i fjor, fra midnatt til klokka fire. De får premie hvis de har fest der? Er det lovlig å finne på min egen premie til dem? En antipremie for høy støy hver natt?
Jeg vil være klar når de starter.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ring kommunen, skolen og politiet. Der jeg bor ble det til slutt forbudt å kjøre russebuss i det hele tatt.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
:russbus:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

BattyKiara posted:

Jeg leier hus ved snuplass. Russen har fest hver natt i fjor, fra midnatt til klokka fire. De får premie hvis de har fest der? Er det lovlig å finne på min egen premie til dem? En antipremie for høy støy hver natt?
Jeg vil være klar når de starter.

Don't expect anything from the cops. My house was shaking and my daughter crying at 2am on a school night. The bus were parked 50 meters away and it was louder inside my house than it was when I had parties myself. And this was in a neighborhood 1 km from the city center

I'd put caltrops there or shatter hundreds of glass bottles there - so they in the very least would have to pay tens of thousands to replace the wheels if it had been an issue for me year after year

https://www.t-a.no/fikk-flere-meldinger-om-brak-fra-russen-var-litt-raus-jeg-sovnet-selv-til-dunkingen-av-musikk-i-natt/s/5-116-1533081

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the chief of police were related to one of the russ

Anders fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 20, 2024

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Anders posted:

I'd put caltrops there or shatter hundreds of glass bottles there - so they in the very least would have to pay tens of thousands to replace the wheels if it had been an issue for me year after year

Don't take this guy's advice, don't do this. I will genuinely assume I don't have to explain why.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

It's a lib shitrag and had a literal Mossad agent as Chief Editor for a number of years.

Who was that?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Herbert Pundik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Nice piece of fish posted:

Don't take this guy's advice, don't do this. I will genuinely assume I don't have to explain why.

Oh, I agree it's a bad advice that might land you in debt. I never claimed to be a smart man - but I'd go crazy if I had to endure that single night for 17 days each year