Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So something is happening in S behind the curtains at least if you look at which party members have changed posts the last couple of months.

First off, you have the secretary of the party Carin Jämtin who resigns and becomes chair man of SIDA.
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carin_J%E4mtin
Three days before that Aida Hadzialic resigned after a DUI, where she didn't even attempt to make excuses but just resigned.
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aida_Hadzialic
Veronika Palm have been nominated as chair person for Rädda Barnen and was chair person for S in Stockholm, also known as the outskirts of Hell..
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_Palm
On that post she was recently replaced by Anders Ygeman, a minister for interior affairs and rising star in S.
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Ygeman
Hadzialic old post is now filled by Anna Ekström, former director of Skolverket who was on På Spåret with Kds old leader Göran Hägglund.
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Ekstr%F6m
And finally Anders Danielsson, head of Migrationsverket resigned today.
http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/migrationsverkets-chef-avgar/

So at least based on the affiliations of the leaving members there seems to have been some form of internal power struggle within S where one faction is now moving their positions forward.
It seems like the factions associated with Sahlin have lost ground and more pragmatic factions have gained power. Löven seems to (finally) be able to consolidate power within the party.
All in all, this is imo a good change for S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

If anyone comes across the stupid Eurabia argument with person that actually does not mind reading/listening, Statistics Sweden have published figures for 2015.
I don't see anything there that counters the general Eurabia argument, that being that Muslim/Arab population is much more heavily represented in the part of the population that has yet to have children, and that this population is likely to produce more offspring than the rest of the population in the same age group.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I don't see anything there that counters the general Eurabia argument, that being that Muslim/Arab population is much more heavily represented in the part of the population that has yet to have children, and that this population is likely to produce more offspring than the rest of the population in the same age group.
That's a very sophisticated argument compared to poo poo I usually hear that overwhelming amount of immigrants in developed EU nations are Arabs.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That's a very sophisticated argument compared to poo poo I usually hear that overwhelming amount of immigrants in developed EU nations are Arabs.
I only read the most refined racist screeds.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Well, considering they are mostly men they sure need to keep the fertility up.
Also, they will die earlier due to socioeconomic factors like obesity, abuse and smoking, so another reason to get many children.
And this is within factoring the second generation.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
There always seems to be this cultural dissonance of altruism when you get to the very top of the layer cake issues in any political system. I mostly feel this way about the Scandinavian prison system. The science points to rehabilitation happening quicker than ever, but the legislation follows the research. I believe in a preventative future policy that is fragile and sensitive but also predictive. Scandinavia is leading the way in politics and even has a nationalized socialized oil-pension plan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Pension_Fund_of_Norway

It's a shame Canadian politics didn't take stuff like this more seriously in their policy actions.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Well, considering they are mostly men they sure need to keep the fertility up.
They'll use their exotic charm to woo woman after woman, spreading their genes and influence in a way that's simply impossible for women to match.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Apparently there was a fire the other day? I got an alarm from SOSAlarm saying to close my windows.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

Apparently there was a fire the other day? I got an alarm from SOSAlarm saying to close my windows.

An art-school on Skeppsholmen burnt through the entire night. From the sheer time it took to actually kill it I can only presume that some painters supplies must have self-combusted.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

An art-school on Skeppsholmen burnt through the entire night. From the sheer time it took to actually kill it I can only presume that some painters supplies must have self-combusted.

A simple fire in Stockholm qualifies as Scandinavian politics now ? :psyduck:

I guess nothing else of interest has happened in Swedish politics like the budget for next year, the civil war among the liberals or that SD harbors a Putin infiltrator.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Cardiac posted:

A simple fire in Stockholm qualifies as Scandinavian politics now ? :psyduck:

I guess nothing else of interest has happened in Swedish politics like the budget for next year, the civil war among the liberals or that SD harbors a Putin infiltrator.
But it happened in Stockholm, which is the most important place in the world so naturally that's essential to everyone. 08's you know.

Unless it was the first fire in a long time that wasn't aimed against refugees.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Poil posted:

But it happened in Stockholm, which is the most important place in the world so naturally that's essential to everyone. 08's you know.

Unless it was the first fire in a long time that wasn't aimed against refugees.

Or you know one of the uncountable number of car fires that happen daily in Malmö at the moment.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I see things are progressing as usual in the Swedish Politics thread.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

I see things are progressing as usual in the Swedish Politics thread.

Pretty much.
The funny part is that no one seems interested in actual politics like the budget or the problems within L as examples.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
SD is organising a "national(istic)" Nobel prize party in November, inviting idiots from all over Europe. I guess they finally got tired waiting for that invitation to Stadshuset that will never come.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Pretty much.
The funny part is that no one seems interested in actual politics like the budget or the problems within L as examples.

It's not like the budget is really that suprising though. Instead we get UR and SVT drama.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

It's not like the budget is really that suprising though. Instead we get UR and SVT drama.

UR as in Dan Korn and identity politics?
SVT as in how the gently caress did anyone think it was a good idea to invite a complete lunatic and let him debate versus another idiot? I.e. Suk vs Arnstad, where none can be considered balanced?

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

Cardiac posted:

Pretty much.

Politics has had self-inflicted diminishing sphere of influence for some time. Is politics even relevant anymore? Politics have become talk about the economy, and the economy is for the most part tied up in entrenched budget post or left to the central bank, EU et al, and multinationals to control. Politics is a lot of huff-puff on minor issues, theres a lot of talk and little of significance happens if you as a voter chooses one way or the other.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

SD is organising a "national(istic)" Nobel prize party in November, inviting idiots from all over Europe. I guess they finally got tired waiting for that invitation to Stadshuset that will never come.
:ughh:

What the heck kind of things are the giving out awards for?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Poil posted:

General Hitlering, protecting the motherland and bloodline, posting in the Finpol thread: that sort of thing.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Poil posted:

From what I could gather at first glance: general "anti-EU/immigration" "achievements".

If I ever get into politics and secure a seat in Riksdagen, I'll go full Cato the Elder-mode and end every single speech with "SD delenda est".

(I never read latin so please crucify me gently if I hosed that up).

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

sofokles posted:

Politics has had self-inflicted diminishing sphere of influence for some time. Is politics even relevant anymore? Politics have become talk about the economy, and the economy is for the most part tied up in entrenched budget post or left to the central bank, EU et al, and multinationals to control. Politics is a lot of huff-puff on minor issues, theres a lot of talk and little of significance happens if you as a voter chooses one way or the other.

Eh, no.
Last years crisis shows what you can do with politics.
The asylum seeker numbers plus the chaos around Öresundsbron are the direct causes of political decisions that have affected thousands of people.
Good or bad, maybe, but for sure due to politics.

On the other hand, the political parties are less and less dependent on their party members. They are all financed to 90-95% by taxes and have a shrinking recruitment base, which have lead to us having a political class that you get born into. Which also makes politics be more of an internal game within the class than for the benefit of all.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Cardiac posted:

On the other hand, the political parties are less and less dependent on their party members. They are all financed to 90-95% by taxes and have a shrinking recruitment base, which have lead to us having a political class that you get born into. Which also makes politics be more of an internal game within the class than for the benefit of all.
Might not be related, but explain how parties are so loyal to the top leaderships decisions. The whole Decemberöverkommelsen soured a lot of people on the Right, and there was still some insane numbers on the guys in the parliament voting yes to the Governments budget (like 3 people abstained).
Why is there not less unity inside the parties?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Political parties value loyalty and "paying your dues". Unless you are already in some kind of position of power, if you go against the leadership you might as well leave the party, because they will not forget that.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

doverhog posted:

Political parties value loyalty and "paying your dues". Unless you are already in some kind of position of power, if you go against the leadership you might as well leave the party, because they will not forget that.

Exactly.
In practice you could more or less replace the voting in Riksdagen to 8 persons, one for each party with varying number of represented votes.
The party system in Sweden is no longer a grassroots system, instead we have a political class where people are born into the system. This regardless of political view.
SD is probably the most "grassroot" party for very obvious reasons, but they will go the same way as the rest of the parties.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

On Bokmässan-gate.
https://twitter.com/AftonbladetK/status/781039738425839617
The moment when you agree with Åsa Linderborg :psyduck:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
conscription will return in 2018
blood for the blood god, etc

I mean yes it's silly to have pretty much voluntary conscription but this professional soldier thing clearly wasn't working with the kind of budget we had, so, welp

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 28, 2016

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

General conscription is cool and good and makes guns not seem like fun to most people.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Jerry Cotton posted:

General conscription is cool and good and makes guns not seem like fun to most people.

:agreed:

föreslår för övrigt att man tar debatten och stoppar upp den i röven

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

They'll seem fun when you get to shoot Russian infiltrators.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

A Russian infiltrator: not in, doesn't filtrate.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

TheFluff posted:

conscription will return in 2018
blood for the blood god, etc

I mean yes it's silly to have pretty much voluntary conscription but this professional soldier thing clearly wasn't working with the kind of budget we had, so, welp

feels good to have just missed conscription and now it's going to come back when I'm too old.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Wild Horses posted:

feels good to have just missed conscription and now it's going to come back when I'm too old.

You imagine how useful this will be for pissing on millenials for being weaker than other generations, right? "Oh, of course they are wusses, they didn't have to do military service" (actively disregards the fact that like 10-15% actually had to serve at the final years of conscription)

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I was conscripted, but managed to weasel out of it somehow, and went on to read philosophy at University instead because I'm loving retarded

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I was conscripted, but managed to weasel out of it somehow, and went on to read philosophy at University instead because I'm loving retarded

You deserter.
Some of us had to do their time in the military.

Regardless, the motivation for reintroducing conscription seems to be "whoops we pay too little and the working environment is too bad so we don't get enough good people to recruit ".
Which is kinda stupid.
A better working environment would be a better start and it is not like officers earn that well either.
Do they still do the loving högvakten?
Cause that is something that could be replaced by securitas or a bunch of actors.

Considering the low numbers actually needed, it is basically going to be like when I did it, if you don't want to do it, just fail the tests especially the psych evaluation.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

lilljonas posted:

You imagine how useful this will be for pissing on millenials for being weaker than other generations, right? "Oh, of course they are wusses, they didn't have to do military service" (actively disregards the fact that like 10-15% actually had to serve at the final years of conscription)

Yeah but that's pretty dumb.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
Conscript every able young person, roll out the strv 103. Dags för poltava Narva 2.0.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Fader Movitz posted:

Conscript every able young person, roll out the strv 103. Dags för poltava Narva 2.0.

:getin:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I was conscripted, but found unfit to serve due to my backne. The biggest payoff I've ever had for being a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

So SD bureaucrats?