Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So countless people are suffering horribly and their solution is to aggressively pretend nothing is wrong? :suicide:

Swedish politics in a nutshell.

What can we do when the world is on fire?
We can close our eyes and hide our heads in sand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Cardiac posted:

A simple fire in Stockholm qualifies as Scandinavian politics now ? :psyduck:

I guess nothing else of interest has happened in Swedish politics like the budget for next year, the civil war among the liberals or that SD harbors a Putin infiltrator.
But it happened in Stockholm, which is the most important place in the world so naturally that's essential to everyone. 08's you know.

Unless it was the first fire in a long time that wasn't aimed against refugees.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

SD is organising a "national(istic)" Nobel prize party in November, inviting idiots from all over Europe. I guess they finally got tired waiting for that invitation to Stadshuset that will never come.
:ughh:

What the heck kind of things are the giving out awards for?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So they want to reduce the media monopoly by cutting all financial support to them? Won't that just solidify the monopoly? They even want to get rid of SVT and SR to make sure of it. There's no way they're not just trying to create one big media company. Are we going to hear how they received a lot of funding from Bonniers in the future or something? Are they just using an unusually stupid SD member as a sacrifice so the rest of the party can make ridiculous claims:

”Sverigedemokraterna försvarar en ordning med fri och oberoende media. Vi ser pressfriheten som grundläggande samt ställer oss bakom public service”
I haven't heard such an obvious lie since one of my friends claimed that his pick of race for pen and paper roleplaying wasn't at all imbalanced despite getting absolutely massive bonuses to all combat related stats.

What a loving farce. One side is so incompetent they couldn't tie shoelaces and the other uses their minimal competence for pure malice. :smithicide:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

Just page after page of the responsible government ministers answering "we're doing this because the EU minimum says so" over and over again
I don't know what I'm talking about but are they just admitting to just doing the bare minimum (even if it's true)? How is it EU's fault they're not doing a better job? Will they get punished by the other EU ministers by jantelagen or something? Please tell me I'm wrong again.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

evilmiera posted:

Rondeller existerar inte. I allafall om man ser till antalet nyttjade blinkers i min hemstad.
"Jag ska svänga vänster därför ska jag blinka vänster, hurp durp furp. :downs:"

:cripes:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Yeah, and it is going to be interesting whether our political elite will learn anything from Brexit and Trump winning.
They won't, they'll just double down on failing even harder and blame someone else. :smith:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hey, if we're lucky maybe the Chinese economy will noticeably wobble enough to make the average person panic before the year is up so we can finally blow the housing bubble. Maybe even get some Baltic refugees if Russia invades them once they figure out that they won't face any further consequences than a sternly written letter signed by most of the EU leaders (after they've argued for five months over which font to use). :toot:

Anyway, what is fi up to these days?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Fair point, I recently had taco in Sweden for the first time, and that was fairly post-apocalyptic experience involving sour cream guacamole and shredded mozzarella over diced cucumber, as well as ICA taco sauce. You should rename that dish to köttfärsrulle.
Well, there's your problem. I'm not so sure about the guacamole and mozzarella either. :barf:

Beeswax posted:

We survived pages upon pages of tedious pizza chat. I swear to god if you start posting about loving tacos...
But being on topic so loving depressing. At least tedious food crap is just making you want to kill yourself to get away from the stupid but you can just close the window/tab and everything will be fine again. :smith:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if we should just encourage everyone to vote for SD for a quicker end than this slow and painful death.

Maybe we should just give SD control over everything except immigration, open the borders completely and hand out Swedish citizenship to anyone who can manage to get into the country regardless of anything (Refugee? Congratulations you are now a swedish citizen. On vacation or a business trip? Congratulations you are now a swedish citizen. Just across the border from Norway to do shopping? Congratulations you are now a swedish citizen.), hand over all of our military stockpile to the new swedes so they can defend themselves from anything the wannabe-nazis would attempt to do and then just sit back and enjoy the fireworks. 100% av riskdagen, länsyrelser and kommunledningar and whatnot will be appointed by SD and the current ones can gently caress off to arbetsförnedringen or whatever. See how they like it.

Låt det regnar ner. :toot:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

evilmiera posted:

När USA redan i praktiken (om inte officielt) testat något som inte fungerar, varför vill moderater ändå göra exakt samma sak?

Jag menar om de eller deras ungdomsförbund ska sno en partiagenda kan de åtminstone ta ut bitarna som är dåliga först?
Because FYGM. It's their own fault for being poor and/or foreigners. But it's not like they actually have any interest in helping anyone in the first place. :shrug:

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 26, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

McCloud posted:

It was not canceled, it just hasnt kicked in yet.

https://www.skatteverket.se/foretag...8eb8fd2817.html

"Skatten beräknas på varornas vikt exklusive emballage och är 8 kr/kg för vitvaror och 120 kr/kg för övrig elektronik. För att en vara inte ska få en oproportionerligt hög skatt begränsas skatten till maximalt 320 kr per vara."
Holy gently caress that's going to raise costs of upgrading computers with an extra few hundred sek on freaking everything. :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Truly the best fitting for this thread.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't suppose it would help if they cracked down on assholes renting places purely to rent it on to someone else to make a profit?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I look at this and think: FLOODING!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Next election I'm tempted to just grab a voting card from each party, shuffle them and stick a random one in the envelope and throw away the rest without looking. That or sneak in a photocopy of my butt. What does it even matter? :shrug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I wonder if they also think the person in charge of the fire alarm and emergency exits are also just making mountains out of molehills all the time.

MiddleOne posted:

Vote for me and I'll start deferring actual political decisions to this thread? :v:
Hmmmm. What is your policy on no-restrictions assisted suicide?

evil_bunnY posted:

Could at least make it goatse
Nah, I'm butthurt enough already. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Pft, what have they ever done for us? :v:

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I assume this means you can legally kill anybody, as long as you remember to say that they wanted you to do it. Not sure how I feel about it, not an easy issue to untangle.
Ah, sorry. I meant for a person to be able to get assistance killing themselves without restrictions about things like lethal diseases and whatnot.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's depressing as gently caress. :(

I still approve of non-messy suicides though. But they should obviously come with a working healthcare system.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wild Horses posted:

Allowing an enemy fleet to just waltz into östersjön just will not do. You need to be a sort of picket fence :sweden:
Enemy fleets already have a port in Östersjön. :colbert:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'll put it this way, some people should get kicked out of Europe. Preferably into the sea. Tied to massive lego bricks made out of concrete.

:sigh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

I agree, but who would take their seats in government?
Truly their level of competence and dignity would be difficult to match.

Poil fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 4, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Next election I'm going to print out some dickbutts and slip into the voting envelopes. :cripes:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Muf?

Also isn't banning begging just going to increase crime?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Thanks.

Cerebral Bore posted:

A.k.a. M-jugend.
A most fitting description. :barf:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Konec Hry posted:

It's for the most heinous of all crimes: being non-white.
Fixed that for you.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

How many deserted islands are even available? Are they planning on dumping them on Greenland and then claim it was their own fault for choosing to starve and freeze to death?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Doesn't letting gang members shoot each other openly just lead to them being more comfortable with also starting to shoot non-criminals more openly too?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I hate election year. It's just a bunch of morons slobbering all over each other.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

As usual, whatever was trendy in the US last year is trendy in Sweden today.
So which nazi-supporting businessman(child) will M put forward? :gonk:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The solution is obviously just to get rid of all immigration laws and regulations and leave it in the divine hand of the free market.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

The Swedish minister of environment argues that it should be legal to steal something if you can't afford to pay for it. As long as you're the state, of course.

https://www.svd.se/ar-det-for-dyrt-att-folja-grundlagen-ministern
How dare the evil government STEAL from the poor victims who aren't allowed their god-given rights? :byodood:

I can't take that seriously at all. It just reeks of crying over how they are not allowed to do whatever they want to make money. Maybe almost 30 year old environmental laws need updating? But since it wasn't in favor of business (the horror!) it was just the evil government steeaaaaliiiing sacred and precious profits.
:shrug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

When you're extremely likely to fall out fo parliament forever due to being too irrelevant to even get newspaper headlines anymore
Can we say this is the will of god? :catholic:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

How hard could that possibly be? Just make the camps privately owned to let the divine hand of the free market solve it and throw more money at them the more UNTERMENCHEN SIE GASEN!!!!!

:negative:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm really worried about Arbetsförmedlingen, it's almost been completely dismantled where I live and they're kinda the only ones who have any form of obligation to do anything. Any privatized "equivalent" isn't going to lift a finger for someone like me, except the middle one.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah it seems like one party rushes in to have an opinion and the other side takes the opposite stance just because. They are for that, so we must be against it! They are against that so we must naturally be for it! If it's something inconvenient they just pretend it doesn't exist.

The Swedish riksdag.

Poil fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 13, 2018

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Why not just grab voting notes from all the least despicable parties, shuffle them, slip one in the envelope and throw away the rest without looking? What does it even matter? That or just draw dickbutt on a blank one.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe we could get some EU funding to send the holocaust deniers on a one way trip to an old concentration camp.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

Literally this two year old piece of satire:

Lol

BigglesSWE posted:

So the police gives permission to these walking bags of fight-incentives to do their thing and then not monitor them?

Are the Swedish police cosplaying American police?
Freedom of speech only applies to bigots and racists. Have to protect their right to infringe on everybody elses.

Gotta protect their own and all that.

Poil fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Those contracts seem to just prioritize 1. avoiding any kind of responsibility, 2. maximizing private profits and 3. making it as hard as possible to get rid off. :sigh:

Då finns det en uppenbar risk
Att man på bolagets stämma
Inte kan se hur den sjuke blir frisk

Retarded Goatee posted:

With that said, even our "organized" extremist left (Kommunisterna) has abandoned Stalin / Mao-larping and replaced the political program with something more akin to something the SocDems of yesteryear would recognize.

Hilariously, this has also resulted in the other extreme left party (SKP) flipping their poo poo due to abandoning said Tankie-cosplay.

https://skp.se/2018/07/01/uttalande-angaende-sveriges-kommunistiska-parti-och-kommunistiska-partiet/
That looks pretty good to be honest. Not that I think they will ever be able to do any of it. Abandoning Stalin and Mao is a good thing however, both would probably get along fine with a certain bloated ball of bile in the white house today.

Poil fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 6, 2018