Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Whats public opinion like? The swedish forums I frequent are bougie nests like byggahus and lots of terrible people and liberals there foaming at the mouth about unions and predicting ultimate doom and musk victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
https://www.sangerogtaler.no/damenes-tale.html

quote:

Utdrag fra tale 1

Men det var jo dere kvinner som jeg skulle snakke om! Det er jo også mange fordeler med å være kvinne!

– Jeg må bare tenke meg grundig om.

Det er ikke det at jeg ikke ønsker å si noe, men som alle vet kan det så lett oppstå misforståelser når en stakkars mann en sjelden gang sier noe. Han forstår nemlig ikke alltid spørsmålene. Derfor har jeg med meg en liten ordbok her:

Når kvinner kommer med spørsmålet «Elsker du meg?», så betyr det at hun kommer til å spørre om noe kostbart.

Stiller hun spørsmålet «Hvor mye elsker du meg?», betyr det «Jeg har gjort noe du absolutt ikke kommer til å like.»

Sier hun «Jeg er klar om bare få minutter» så vet enhver mann som har levd noen år at det betyr «Ta av deg skoene og skru på TV!»
osv...

Utdrag fra tale 2

Ja, for noen vil faktisk gå så langt som å kalle det sivilisert – det at damene har trengt seg inn på alle menns områder. Til og med i styret for større bedrifter kan vi se dem nå. Og her nøyer de seg ikke lenger med å bare servere kaffen, men de begynner til og med å uttale seg!

Før var det bare vi menn som virkelig kunne vise hva vi dugde til. Vi var og er fremdeles de eneste som kan pisse på leirbålet – men når det gjelder alt annet, så kan ikke bare dere kvinner gjøre det samme – dere gjør det som regel også bedre!

Det er et ordtak som sier at bak hver vellykket mann står det en kvinne – men det dere kanskje ikke visste, var at bak hver vellykket kvinne står det en mann – en svært forbauset mann!

Seems like boomer humor

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Some of them are nice, some could do with updating.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Scandinavia: Ett konkret hot mot min exfrus semesterresa

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Den som använder en meme på andra, blir oftast en meme själv.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Alhazred posted:

I mentioned once in a thread that the main source of water at my cabin is a well and everyone lost their minds.

A well, actually?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

In svenskfinland we redefined mead to be the same as the finnish Sima. Which is much faster to make.
https://www.tasteline.com/recept/finsk-sima-till-valborg/

This recipe forgets the bottle of beer which you also pour into the bucket. We always make a 10l bucket every May 1st.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

teen witch posted:

This sounds awesome and I can absolutely nag my partner to make some. Though pray tell, how much beer and what type?

Don’t ask me how but today I learned that Finnish immigrants to the US in the 1900s faced discrimination and the whole “you’re not really white” bullshit as well. I thought the sentiment in Sweden was loving ridiculous.

Generally we just pour a regular 33cl bottle (or can) of light beer into it. To keep it OK for the kiddos to drink, though I doubt even a strong beer into a 10l bucket changes things. I once added a dark beer instead which also worked fine. It's very fast and loose.

You could probably add hops directly instead of beer if you wante to be fancy. But this is definitely meant to be an un-fancy kind of thing that anyone can brew up in a week.

e: have some old photos of my cats for the page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Rappaport posted:

I hadn't looked this up before, either, but turns out if you kick a Svensk mound, you find more racism

Much like Finland (also the swedish parts) then, the common history of the two is apparent whenever you look deeper.