Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Apparently there was a fire the other day? I got an alarm from SOSAlarm saying to close my windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MiddleOne posted:

That'd be more like a goon trip.

I'd attend this trip. I'm embarrassed that in the 8 months we have lived here we have only spent two weeks out of Stockholm, and that was in Gothenburg and Malmö. But we do have Åre and Kiruna on our list this winter.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
So I saw Jimmie Åkesson speaking on SVT this morning, and I guess is Alliansen set to crumble over M thinking negotiating with SD is a good thing? Is this a power grab by M and thinking they can keep SD in check in a new government, even if SD is in the ruling coalition?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Sorry, I don't know where else to go for answers to this type of poo poo. But is this a serious story (my gut says to call bullshit on it)?

quote:

A 14-year-old child bride from Syria came to Sweden and became pregnant with her husband, who is also her cousin. Now a Swedish court has approved of her marriage, because she appears "mature," and for religious and cultural reasons.

The girl was married off to a cousin when she was only twelve years old. In Sweden, she has been placed with his aunt and her family.

The social service authorities in Sweden thought her marriage is completely outrageous and took it to the justice system.

But the judge does not think there is anything wrong with it, since she was brought up with another religious and cultural perception of what is right and wrong.

In addition, the girl, according to court, is precocious for her age and early matured, so the court does not see anything wrong.

This means that Sweden now approves of Sharia law. The court looks through the fingers with sexual relations concerning Muslim minors, and approves of the pregnancy in a child's marriage where the girl is only 14 years old. This is a verdict that may set a precedent for further introduction of Sharia law in Sweden.

Political scientist and journalist Sakine Madon, questions the verdict in an editorial in VLT.

"So if a girl is considered 'mature', it is less wrong that she is part of a child marriage? So if the girl has a certain religious and cultural background, are child marriages in order?" she writes, and continues:

"It is difficult to interpret the verdict in another way. The girl is also described as a mature person with free will. Anyone who knows what honor culture is, is well aware of the powerlessness and pressure a minor married girl is exposed to. Why close your eyes to that she is underage?"

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.3723/swedish-court-approves-of-child-marriage.html

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MiddleOne posted:

The article is hyperbolic but more importantly wrong. The court ruled against the forceful separation not for any cultural reasons but because the municipality could not prove that she was actually in danger nor that she was actually underage.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=86&artikel=6629265

Thank you very much. I didn't think to check sveriges radio. I figured the "article" was terribly wrong. I am still looking for good news places here in Sweden, I'll check them more often.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Was this Op-Ed published anywhere in Sweden? https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-is-right-swedens-embrace-of-refugees-isnt-working-1487807010

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MiddleOne posted:

If being torn to pieces and derided can count as being published, then yes.

:thumbsup:

I just wanted to read the "wisdom" Åkesson had to share with the American People. Glad it has been largely derided.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Out of curiosity, have the Police seen a rise in funding to cope with the intake of refugees? I have only been here a year and only recently learned about a bizarre ceremony known as 'the budget walk.'

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Is anyone running around pretending crime doesn't happen? I don't see much wrong with what that guy said, I've never been to Rinkeby, but I would hardly call it a "no go zone" from the reports I get from locals. Also, his comment about the "game" school kids play where they gang molest female students sounded eerily similar to "the knock out game" Fox News ran with during the Obama Presidency.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 9, 2017

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MiddleOne posted:

Sometimes I struggle between deciding whether I hate or love this thread.

I love this thread. Good English discussion on issues facing Scandinavia is hard to find. I get tired of using google translate on DN while working on my Swedish.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah. We have stopped work and turned on tv's here. Happened 100 meters from our office.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Furk

Heinz Hynkel posted:

I motsetning til Norge og Danmark, har svenske myndigheter satset mye på å hjelpe hjemvendte IS-terrorister tilbake til et meningsfullt liv. Et ledd i arbeidet har vært å gi gratis kjøreopplæring og førerkort til terrorister. Nå endte visst denne turen i et krasj, men Løfven og co har i alle fall gjort det de kunne for å bidra.

:fuckoff:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Biggest thing is to just continue normally. I hope Omnipollos Hatt is open tomorrow. I looked at their beer list for the weekend and it looks awesome.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Wait, do people not like the Swedish Police Chief? I presume that was the bald guy in BDU's?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Was there anything of note in the latest Swedish budget?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Please don't switch to the Euro. I like my crowns, thanks.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Is Nyheter Idag a trash right wing rag? My poo poo head cousin-in-law likes to send me google translated articles from them in an effort to get my wife and I to move back to Oklahoma.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Can a snap election actually happen?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Fader Movitz posted:

while Im glad that Hultqvist got to stay I still think alliansen will try and depose him tho

Didn't Alliansen start this?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Is it surprising that AKB stepped down?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
It seems odd to me that S is supporting raising the retirement age, or is this just more shifting to the right that I lived through with Democrats in America.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MiddleOne posted:

The current Social Democratic government is fervently committed to not increasing taxes (for reasons that are getting muddier by the minute) so it was this or the highway. See also how they've handled the sick-leave insurance.

I'm curious, can you do a brief explanation on sick leave? I find the policy pretty good here compared to the states where I was working sick for the majority of the time and getting everyone around me sick and them getting me sick.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 14, 2017

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Not to give HH any credit, but aren’t grenade attacks kind of a problem that needs solving? What would an ideal solution be? I suspect this amnesty is going to do fuckall.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Ban grenades! Or put a heavy tax on them.

Your ideal solution is camps, I get it.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

kikkelivelho posted:

Like everyone has already mentioned, these morons are mainly interested in killing each other. For most civilians and bystanders these things are just an inconvenience. There's been like one or two collateral deaths but mainly it's people waking up at night because of a grenade or a gun going off somewhere in the neighborhood.

I get that it is people killing each other, but surely we’d prefer they didn’t and especially use explosives meant for battlefields. Seems very silly to just stick your head in the sand and say they’re blowing each other up, not us, so all is well.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Konec Hry posted:

Would you say that for example a kind of ”final” one is needed?

This is the trouble I have with this discussion. There’s obviously an increase in crime. What are fixes to decrease petty crime and violent crime without turning into a prison state like my former home, and without mocking people on the right for wanting to put people in camps (they do)?

Edit: there’s also probably a lot of baggage some of the fascist regulars in here have that I haven’t caught in the two years I’ve been reading this thread.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Why is the hospital upside down?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Who is ‘they?’

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

SplitSoul posted:

Free translation for hospital patients to be nixed. However, don't despair, it will include special provisions for Greenlanders, Faroese and the German minority. Social Democrats voted for, of course.

https://politiken.dk/indland/politik/art6546148/Regeringen-vil-indf%C3%B8re-gebyr-p%C3%A5-1.675-kr.-for-at-bruge-tolk-p%C3%A5-hospitalet

Is the goal to stop people who aren’t danish citizens from going to the hospital? This makes little sense to me. Aren’t there people legally allowed to be in the country who don’t speak Danish?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Thread always been bad. But I don’t think I’ve seen a Dane roll around in his own filth before. Usually it is Eastern Europeans trying to dunk on Sweden iirc.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
How about we give each parent a year of child leave, no sharing time?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
So are we looking at a merger of Alliansen and S to block SD? Won't L and C abandon M if M flirts with SD?

Edit: Also is this: https://www.thelocal.se/20180703/new-border-controls-introduced-at-airports-and-ports-across-sweden just pandering by Steffe?

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 3, 2018

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Fader Movitz posted:

New thread title imo

I'm kind of glad the thread types in English, for the most part. This is a good place to get hot takes on the internet about Swedish politics. And helps me greatly.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W56ZKUVECWs

143k views of this SD video on S "dark" history. English subtitles too, which tells me SD is evolving.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I am very happy to read that Stockholm police shot and killed an Autistic (non-verbal) Down Syndrome man carrying a toy gun, who's neighbors called the cops on him. Making me feel like I'm back at home in Oklahoma.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 3, 2018

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I didn't think I'd hear language like this after leaving the States, but here we are.

quote:

Johansson said he would not comment on any details as to avoid damaging the investigation, but added "I still want to mention, from experience, that very difficult decisions in unclear and high-pressure situations must sometimes by taken in one or a few seconds".

Don't call the polis. Bad things happen.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Cardiac posted:

That said, for the police officers it is an impossible situation to determine whether a gun is fake or not and given how the number of shootings have increased among criminal gangs I would guess the police are feeling less confident in these situations.
Regardless, it is a horrible tragedy.

So this is how it turns to blaming immigrants. Election month is going to be a loving hoot.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Guys, gangs are shooting people at an increased rate, so now cops need to shoot large children. Take care of the gangs and the problem is solved.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
FRAMÅT!!!!

What is Centerpartiet running on?

Could someone do a short break down on what the parties stand for at this point in time leading up to the Swedish election?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
This ad is just... bad