Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

MiddleOne posted:

Market-driven housing is a disaster and that is not unique to Stockholm. There is no long-term plan anymore for where people are going to live and it's us that get to pay for it.

Ding ding ding! It's exactly this, however it's not even that simple. There's also the question of the people on top of this pyramid scheme, who have money and who vote. Almost all politicians with national or regional power of some sort are heavily invested in the real estate market, and if this

Collateral Damage posted:

The only way to to fix the problem is to either make [city] unattractive to employers (not a very good solution) or build more housing until X is larger than Y.

were to happen housing prices would either stagnate or plummet. This causes coronary unrest for all these fuckers, because housing is a pretty big industry, and a lot of people have been making a very pretty penny on this at the expense of immigrants, poors and young people. Seriously, housing is HUGE and the knock-on effects of population placement etc. is also very very significant to both the private and national economy. Nobody wants to be the guy to burst the bubble, so everyone is playing a communal game of the tragedy of the commons.

They don't have a long term plan because they don't want a long term plan. If you propose or implement one, you're the guy they go to when it inevitably goes sour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

MiddleOne posted:

This feels like the kind of story you'd hear out of the US back in the days, you know not Scandinavia. Those sure were the days...

Eh, we've always had hate crimes.

SplitSoul posted:

Annnnnddd the perpetrators are now being charged with aggravated assault rather than attempted murder, because throwing a molotov at a person and giving them third-degree burns on 40% of their body clearly doesn't show intent to kill. The story also received no further press until now.

Guess I should just be thankful the victim isn't being charged with breaking their bottle.

The issue isn't "intent to kill", and what they are charged with isn't necessarily what they'll be convicted of. Do you know if they are being charged with multiple crimes, perhaps? Attempted murder might be a subsidiary charge, as in "charge what you know they are guilty of, and then what you think they might be guilty of".

As for intent re: attempted murder; the issue of mens rea is usually down to what they've admitted in interviews and the objective facts: Just because you can kill someone with an action, doesn't mean that its' reasonable to conclude that (for instance) they knew that it would or knew that it might, but chose to perpetrate regardless of that outcome. This is very important when it comes to attempted crimes. They are also being detained for 4 weeks at the outset, which means the judge considers the case to be quite severe.

Let's wait on a verdict before concluding that the entire system is corrupt and out of order and whatnot.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
loving hell, well it's for damned sure true now that you don't need explosives or guns to be a terrorist any more. Guess that's what the war on terror has really lead to.

Maybe it's time to ban trucks? Build a wall?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

BigglesSWE posted:

TBH, attacks of these kinds (no actual weapons used) are virtually impossible to completely guard society against.

Which is exactly why they do it like this. It's never about the body count, only spreading terror. loving bastards.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Kurtofan posted:

unironically ban cars inside cities

I would have to get rid of my own car, then. I'm still for it, gently caress it. So long as I have an alternative for delivery/moving poo poo that's not ruinously expensive, my car can go gently caress it's carbon emitting self.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Would you ban city-busses too? Those are huge, can get taken and also gives the bonus of being filled with more victims.

Really? I can see a lot of ways to prevent city buses from being taken over. It's also filled with people who can potentially stop a terrorist, and any kind of Speed scenario is just too loving stupid to even fathom.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Hey, that was totally uncalled for. And calling me a Quisling is very rude. So gently caress you.

Sincerely, Heinz Hynkel or HH as the name alludes to. You all know what HH means, right?

Mr. HH isn't a very subtle troll.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

BigglesSWE posted:

On a much darker note, one of the dead has been confirmed to be a 11 year old girl.

Faen i helvette.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

If I can, I'd like to address the point that was brought up about police being stuck doing administrative tasks rather than policing. In Norway at least, my understanding is that the Police Directorate (I think?) has made sure to suppress the amount of civilian consultants that any district can employ, meaning that you need to be educated as a police officer to do basic bureaucratic casework.

As such, whenever the right wing party du jour does their patriotic chest beating about having created/wanting to create more police jobs I just roll my eyes because they will inevitably be mostly desk jobs thanks to the lack of civilian caseworkers.

Sure, but there's a whole bunch of bleedover between the administrative casework, prosecutorial and active policework as well. I'm part of a few interest groups for police prosecutors, and reading between the lines of a lot of stuff in articles and such, the police in Norway are still a bit of an organisational mess. I don't know if it's because of the redistricting, or if it's because of a patchwork administrative system, or what.

The idea that the current government has put more police on the street is laughable, though. Most of the bloat has been the directorate, not much for active policework and prosecution is still woefully understaffed (and subject to an ancient and stupid system per the code of criminal procedure, but that's a different gripe of mine).

E: read if interested, got some good stuff about the prosecutorial side: http://www.juristkontakt.no/i/2017/3/juko-2017-03b-19

Nice piece of fish fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 19, 2017

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Randarkman posted:

That would only cause it to collide into Norway...

Like we won't have to accept danish refugees anyway as soon as Greenland melts and puts all of Denmark under water? Eh, move'em to Greenland, actually. They wanted the place bad enough to steal it in the first place, now they can live there.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Zero Gravitas posted:

Hey scandi thread!

I've got a job offer for a consulting engineers job in kristiansand - is 450,000 NOK good in general and for this kind of work?

As a starting wage? Sure. It's pretty ok, you'll easily be able to live on that. Probably even afford property. Then again, you'd be living in Kristiansand, and who wants to do that?

It's like 52 000$ a year, but compared to cost of living and such versus health care costs (which is socialized and all)... I dunno. Your hourly wage for a normal full time job would be 239 NOK, which is like 27,50 in $. What do you think? Do keep in mind that norwegian employment law gives you a bunch of benefits that don't exist in other, supposedly developed countries.

Feel free to ask if there's anything else you'd like to know.

Edit: Wait, is this an engineer's position or as a civil engineer konsulting? If it's the latter, it's kind of low.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

V. Illych L. posted:

450k is on the low end of expected for private sector academic work, but you're not getting scammed, and it's a decently middle-class income

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, wages are a bit depressed around that area, and it's on the low end sure, but it's not unreasonable. You might be slightly overqualified for that wage, but you can rectify that in re-negotiation or a better job elsewhere once you've got norwegian work experience on your resume.

Besides, why would you want to go out in Kristiansand anyway? Ugh.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Zero Gravitas posted:

Whats wrong with krsand? is this the bible belt thing?

This is my interpretation of the field. Theres really not been that many engineering jobs that I could apply to in the last six months with my background as a mechanical engineer. Theres a fuckton of civil engineering jobs but I am not a civil engineer (in both senses of the term) so I'm just glad I've got this offer. Work experience wise I do some pretty cool stuff at my current company but Norways a lot better for raising kids and settling down than in the UK.

Takeout/booze isnt really on our radar apart from wine, theres always vinmonopolet or my mum buys every last loving bottle she can whenever she goes through duty free.

In serious Scandipol chat for a second, is there a potted history of Norway economically/politically since the oil price dove about two years ago? I need something a little more detailed than "Its hosed". I get the impression that Norways having a hard time pivoting away from oil and theres a lot of inertia and grumbling or denial that the good oil days are probably over.

EDIT PS are there other places to find a place to rent than Finn plus jesus christ how the hell are your second hand cars with 100,000 miles on clock still that expensive

Nothing, in actual real life, I'm just trying to get a rise out of any of the damnable southrons reading this. If it had been like Drammen, Fredrikstad or Tønsberg, that would have been poo poo.

Wine isn't really all that expensive compared to spirits. There's plenty of cheap, decent wine available. The buying duty free isn't really a huge money saver on your annual budget, that's more of a tradition thing.

I can't even begin to describe how not-hosed Norway is going to be in the future compared to just about the entirety of Europe. Norway will be fine, oil or no oil. Honestly, not really even feeling the whole low oil price thing, that's mostly the west country, and things are even picking up now. We're still technically below 4% unemployment.

As to the PS, seen the price of a new car? Devaluation doesn't work like that, the price starts high and remains high proportionately. Two reasons: Taxes and the fact that norwegian car buyers can and will pay extra. Because we are stupid like that. Literally, that's a reason why the car sellers keep their prices high. Not joking.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Randarkman posted:

I will loving fight you

If you're from Drammen I suspect you loving will, for just about any reason.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Grevling posted:

Drammen looks pretty decent these days.

Still the ugliest highway intersection in Norway.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Randarkman posted:

The city's an industrial port and communications hub, what do you want?

The fact that central areas have been prettied up and there's been some degree of gentrification means that it looks much nicer now than it used to. Still the bad reputation it used to have and still has is undeserved. I think alot of it comes down from people from Oslo having a condescending view of any place in the East that does not contain their cottages, and that attitude seeping into the rest of the country. Maybe also a general prejudice against places viewed as typically low-class/working class (though which now is somewhat gentrified and largely votes for H...).

Pledge to fight still stands.

Okay, okay, just one more, okay? It's a little known fact about Drammen that it's the only place in Norway that has never had a UFO sighting. It's the closest thing we've found to proof of intelligent life in the universe.

Poil posted:

I look at this and think: FLOODING!

I look at that and think lovely beer. Looks like aass, tastes like aass.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Randarkman posted:

That last one was unforgivable.

Then rename the loving thing and also learn to drink Mack. I think I actually know one of the shareholder's kids, actually.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Collateral Damage posted:

Ringnes isn't a beer, it's bottled piss from norwegian cave trolls.

I think that's being very unfair to cave troll piss.

Randarkman posted:

Mack is one of the worst pilsners in Norway. Just terrible.

In a scandinavian politics thread filled with trolls, idiots and finns it's impressive to see someone get something this loving wrong

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

His Divine Shadow posted:

Germany does not want that either, because it would means many many billions of euros in transfers per year, like they'd have to shove like 3 billion euros at least to Finland every year to offset the problems of the euro, nevermind other places. The germans want the status quo and to retain it as long as possible no matter how it hurts other member countries, because their hurting helps their exports.

This whole thing is sick and cancerous at it's core. gently caress it. gently caress globalization while I am at it too.

I mean, on the one hand yeah. You can't have a unified currency without a unified economic policy and a central bank that actually works as a central bank. It won't work, as has been pointed out by fiscal issues in the Eurosone since... the Euro.

On the other hand, on a grand scale it would be wonderful if there weren't countries, or if every country in the world was unified in squashing armed conflict everywhere and immediately, if necessary by force. If the earth could successfully become one nation, no borders, no wars and a unified policy of everything, I'm sure that would be just grand.

But that's a fantasy. It won't work right now, and is unlikely to happen in the future until we reach Star Trek levels of omnipresent communism or some sort of actual (lol) technological singularity. It's like predicting the moon landing in 300 AD. We can't even imagine the prerequisites to such a thing nor the path leading to it.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Mercrom posted:

Also gently caress entropy. The second law of thermodynamics was such a bad idea.

Yeah, repeal and replace.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Randarkman posted:

Faen som jeg hater denne jævla regionsreformen dem har stemt igjennom. Unødvendig og historieløst (og det kommer sikkert til å være som de fleste andre sentraliseringstiltak i Norge at det bidrar til å flytte offentlige tjenester enda lenger vekk fra folk som ikke bor i byene og at bygda gradvis avfolkes). Noe faens dritt. Håper at H og FrP faller ut av regjeringa til valget og at de patetiske idiotene i V faller under sperregrensa og bare legger seg ned og dør ("bare starten på noe større" dra til helvete, Trine).

Trenger kanskje snart en ny write-up om norske partier og politikk før valget. Må nevne at jeg føler meg langt mer partisk før dette valget enn det forrige, på en veldig gubbete måte.

Ja takk til ny write-up, tror valget i år kan bli meget spennende. Vi trenger noe jævlig å få sparka ut klovnene i Frp, og om Høyre går med i dragsuget er det vel fortjent.

Baudolino posted:

Fraflytting fra bygda betyr flere folk bor tett. Konsekvensen er redusert privattransport til fordel for kollektiv, klimasaken seirer selv i Trumps tid.
På nedsiden vil det føre til nedbygget landbruk med økt fare for sult ved forstyrrelser i verdenshandelen. Oppsiden er at økt matimport som overfører midler til fattigere områder som må til for å oppnå en historisk rejustering a velstand mellom vesten og resten. Oppbrudd av historiske grenser oppleves traumatisk ofte men er innbyggeres psykologiske innstilning til linjer på kartet vektig versus hensyn som budsjetteffektivitet og standardisering av offentlig tjenester?
I værste fall nuller fordeler og ulemper seg ut.

Det er også et spørsmål om skala. Hvis man sammenligner utslipp fra privattransport i tynt befolkede regioner kontra i tett befolkede områder, vil jeg tro utslipp totalt sett er større i byene og dette er den eneste viktige faktoren. Klart, det er også et poeng at privatbilisme trengs på landet, og ikke trengs i like stor grad i by - nytten er en helt annen. Med tanke på jordbruk, kan vi samtidig ignorere CO2-budsjettet for landbruket, for der har vi faktisk intet alternativ. Om noe demonsterer dette det mangelfulle kollektivtilbudet i tynt befolkede strøk, men heldigvis har vi privatisering så vi kan legge ned/forverre et allerede utilstrekkelig kollektivtilbud.

Hei, her er en ide. Hva om vi gjør offentlig transport skattefinansiert? Gjør det gratis å pendle korte distanser med buss, tog og t-bane/trikk så skal vi nok se at CO2-utslippene raser nedover, og at privatbilismen reduseres voldsomt.

Matimport er ikke en oppside. Vi har teknologi og ressurser til et landbruksløft, der vi gjør landbruket til en attraktiv, miljøvennlig og moderne næring gjennom økt bruk av biodrivstoff, elektrisitet og automasjon. Vi kan øke matproduksjon, få ned priser ved sterk regulering av matvaregigantene og legge CO2-tariff og reisetariff på matvarer som gjør reiseavstand til en sentral faktor i matkostnaden, som igjen gir økt konkurransekraft for norsk landbruk og sparer miljøet.

Hva angår sentralisering av offentlige tjenester er det verdt å huske at fellesmiljø, lokal kunnskap og lokale hensyn er ting som har sterk påvirkning på utøvelsen av offentlige funksjoner. Når "nærpolitireform" flytter politiet lengre unna tynt befolkede strøk og kommuner skal fjernstyres fra andre siden av fylket mister man ikke bare kunnskap, publikumskontakt og perspektiv på behov og nytteeffekt, men man mister den demokratiske legitimiteten offentlig saksbehandling trenger for å respekteres av folket. Vi har i Norge en lang og sterk tradisjon av demokratisk og offentlig nærhet, som er mye av årsaken til at det offentlige i Norge har nytt den tillit det har. På den andre siden har jeg til gode å få forklart i detalj nøyaktig hvordan sentralisering og massive organisasjoner forbedrer tilbudet til den enkelte fra det offentlige. Er NAV et kroneksempel der? Offentlig vergemålsordning som før var kommunal er nå organisert gjennom Fylkesmannen, og det er et evig kaos. Politi? Er politiet bedre når man ikke lenger kan dra til det lokale lensmannskontoret for å få ordnet den myriaden med offentlige forvaltningsmessige funksjoner? Hva med å kjenne lensmannen godt nok til å gidde å si ifra når man vet at noe feil skjer?

Det er en sterk egeninteresse blant politikere i å sentralisere offentlige tilbud, for da sentraliserer man offentlige arbeidsplasser til en sentral tettbebyggelse som igjen sørger for et godt økonomisk grunnlag for et boligmarked som igjen øker priser som igjen gir ringvirkninger og positive effekter for politikerne, både i privatøkonomien, støttespillere og "vekst" i velstand/eiendomsformue. Bare se på reaksjonene når man foreslår å flytte noen enkle forvaltningsoppgaver ut av Oslo? Politikerne hisser seg opp som lemen. Det er et kraftig hint om at det ikke er tjenestetilbud og kvalitet etc. etc. som alene styrer disse vurderingene.

Kort oppsummert:

Nice piece of fish fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jun 12, 2017

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Alhazred posted:

Danish isn't a language, it's a speech impediment.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Biomute posted:

As far as I am concerned AP is in a similar position to Hillary and the Democrats. They poll reasonably well, but the parts of their base that actually care and don't just vote out of habit are not too happy about AP not really having much of a position on anything except that they should be in power. Their leader is not an actual left candidate, but a boringly "most competent candidate ever" who's rich as all hell and extremely mercantile with their politics. Additionally, they've recently been cozying up to the right by promising tax breaks and guarantees that they won't roll back the tax breaks given by the previous right-wing government. So, basically they're solidifying AP as a centre party, meaning the tranformation is pretty much complete and there's no longer much of a difference between them and høyre apart from a few token issues. I think that's going to bite them in the rear end, even with SPs support, as we've seen in other countries that the people are hungry for an actual leftist answer to the rise of the far right. It looks like Støre is hoping to do what Macron did, but his opposition is not as monstereus, and his base has other options.

Good analysis. I don't think you're wrong, and on the balance while I don't want Erna and the Capitalist Fellation Squad to have an ounce of power ever again, I can't bring myself to vote Støre and Høyre Light when I can vote with my conscience. Bjørnie is getting my vote again. Sooner or later the message will get through.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Randarkman posted:

Venstre is poo poo. They subsist on crumbs H throws them from their table.

I question why it even exists as a party anymore.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

V. Illych L. posted:

jensen has, supported by V, de facto made herself an intrinsic part of any bourgeois government. V needs to bite the bullet and accept a minority ap government to teach them that you can't keep using ultimatums and get what you want

One of the worst parts of this government has been frp ministers doing their best to erode the relatively healthy Norwegian political discourse and culture and it's been really frustrating

Bjørnie will stop them <3

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Alhazred posted:

Says the man who votes Rødt..

Ah, but the revolutionary spirit will never die. Vastly superior to the centrist-right gray mélange of inescapable mediocrity.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Biomute posted:

Is wearing a Bjørnie 2017 shirt to work acceptable?

After september it will be mandatory, Comrade.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Zzulu posted:

Why not simply sink Denmark into the sea? Seems like that would be better for everyone

Listen, give it some time. Whole world is working on it, we're drilling new oil wells as fast as we can.

Wild Horses posted:

no denmark is a our bulwark against atlantic and continental foes

Why have a bulwark when we can have a moat instead?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Actually, a flooded Denmark is a terrible idea. Then they'll all come up here to live on our mountain. And there isn't room.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

MDG don't have any good solutions either.

Interestingly enough, Rødt kind of has since economics and environment are heavily interlinked. Hell, just the free public transport idea would be a major emissions cut in real terms as people left their car at home. Better-flowing traffic too. Also, Rødt really is all-in on environmentally friendly policies, the most important of which is just no more oil drilling. We have to get off oil.

I can't see a single reason to vote for MDG that wouldn't also be true for Rødt.

Also,

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Government Handjob posted:

Honestly, MDG should stop trying appeal to the right wing, not a one of the parties right of Labor are even remotely interested in getting out of oil, and most of the labor/center/right voters are ridiculously hostile towards them.

With how much of MDGs politics are left leaning they should just say gently caress it, embrace socialism and merge with Rødt.

I guess it's a sort of bid towards centrism, as in MDG think they can siphon off voters from the right wing that really care about environmental issues? It's a classic mistake, in my opinion, to think that the group this applies to is A: In any way, shape or form an appreciable amount of voters and B: actually willing to vote MDG over this single issue as compared to every other issue they agree with the right wing on. There's not enough of them and they don't give a poo poo when it comes right down to it.

I'd love to see statistics about their membership and exactly where their vote growth is coming from. I'd be very surprised if it's mainly FRP or H voters.

The fact remains though, that you can't have an realistic - and real - environmental policy that is compatible with consumerist, market liberalist ideology and continued reliance on fossil fuels. It's just :psyduck: to even entertain that thought. It can't be done. Consumerism and ~*infinite growth*~ is incompatible with a sustainable society with our current and future technology, it's basic loving physics and we knew this way back in the eighties. It breaks down real simple: You can't fight global warming without fighting consumerism, you can't fight consumerism without fighting market-liberalist late stage capitalism, you can't fight market-liberalist late stage capitalism without fighting the rich who very much want the system to stay, no matter what they say out loud.

Eat the rich, it's enviro-conscious food.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

RIP Syndrome posted:

Whatever happens -- we gonna pump oil till the Devil come, suck this fucker dry, and then the Arctic too. Pension fund will be gambled away by a rogue trader/used to plug budget holes left by tax cuts for corps and the 1%/rendered worthless by financial collapse and expropriation of our ill-gotten foreign assets/just kind of do nothing because we can't use it domestically without causing massive inflation.

Stop it, you time-travelling rear end in a top hat! I want to maintain my illusions a while longer. No spoilers ITT god damnit!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Randarkman posted:

So, have you all done your democratic duty, fellow citizens?

*comrade

and yes.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

V. Illych L. posted:

Leaders matter less than you'd think when major strategic decisions are made. Stoltenberg was probably the most right-wing leader labour has ever had, but for his last eight years he was bound by the party to run to the left

Støhre got to attempt a strategic reorientation rowards the centre, but with the way that's blown up the next leader's going to be pushed leftwards by the party regardless of personal conviction

I really hope so, but Tajik is not the candidate for that as much as I like her personally. It's looking increasingly likely that AP will never get my vote again so long as they don't even pay lip service to the very real concerns of the left-left.

What's at least patently obvious is that APs current strategi is moronic. Honestly, Støre is the most boring, technocratic Høyre-homonculus front man wannabe-Stoltenberg party leader I can think of. If lack of inspiration had a face, it would be his. How do you attract voters with that? And then he goes and makes it worse by practically erasing the perceivable differences between AP and Høyre. I wouldn't be half surprised if he went into government with Høyre at this point. AP-Høyre coalition and who would be able to tell the difference?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Rust Martialis posted:

I make rice pudding with raisins here.

Soon you will be entirely incomprehensible.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

SplitSoul posted:

Also, Cardiac, you don't need to worry about Somalis so much. We're already sending children back there despite the government's own mission to the country not daring to leave the high-security area of the Mogadishu airport.

This poo poo is one of the things that makes me legitimately angry about the state of immigration in Scandinavia.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Alhazred posted:

It's official: FrP has nominated Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize.

I have toxxed that trump never receives the Peace Prize. There is no loving way, regardless of the retardedness that is FRP.

...said increasingly nervous man for the nth time.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Alhazred posted:

Så Listhaug har ikke sagt, ikke en gang antydet, at Oslo bystyre har kastet ut eldre for å få plass til tilreisende rom-folk og alle som påpeker at det er hennes politikk som har ført til dette lyver.

Well, that's hardly surprising. You see, it turns out when you sit down and examine the issue closely and carefully weigh the neutral facts of the matter in a reasonable context, Listhaug is a worthless piece of poo poo.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Alhazred posted:

rammeplanen

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Well, nuclear proliferation concerns and challenges aside (they are mostly insurmountable), it's fair to say that scandinavia as a whole might be better served geopolitically with a mutual defence alliance more than what NATO is. If let's say Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland (and maybe Iceland?) had a mutual military organization I do think that would enable us to put up a realistic defence against our most realistic aggressor. Sure. It would probably be beneficial in general for the scandis to integrate and cooperate closer in other areas as well, both economic and political. As a bloc, the scandis would be a much more significant geopolitical force and we do have a lot of strengths we could mutually benefit from.

However, Russian military doctrine calls for the tactical use of nuclear weapons and in a total war scenario they'd just nuke our defences and roll on through. Probably render Scandinavia useless to them, but can't make an omelette etc. So that's what they'd do if they didn't think that conventional military action could do the job. Assuming Russia would ever do something like that for some reason.

So in real terms, yes we'd need nukes to be double plus "safe". I'm still not convinced that would be both possible and a good idea.

I do still think Scandinavia as a whole should maybe rethink the Kalmar Union thing a bit. We have the industry to develop and use our own military equipment with supplements from NATO which is great from a self-sufficiency and an economic perspective, it'd probably make for more specialized and effective equipment as well.

And then, when it inevitably blows up politically we can have our loving islands back from the greedy danes and Jemtland og Herjedalen back from the thieving swedes.