Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Horrible accident, like all amusement park accidents. :(

I don't know how many times I've gone on Jetline. It's a good coaster, especially for its age. It's going to be interesting to read the report and find out the cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Once the war is won and Ukraine joins NATO Turkey loses its one strategic advantage, controlling the Black Sea. Erdogan knows this and also knows he doesn't have the diplomatic capital to oppose Ukraine joining, so he's using Sweden's approval as his last piece of leverage to negotiate favors from the US (F-16 purchase) and EU (trade agreement) before it's too late. What Sweden can give him is irrelevant, that's just been bait to get the big boys to the negotiating table.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

endocriminologist posted:

Congratulations Denmark you hosed up numbers once again
Denmark: (looking the french expressing numbers) "Hmm, yes. But what if we made it worse?"

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

We should burn a copy of Tidöavtalet outside government.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

But late for *that*.
I'm still convinced Malmö built Turning Torso entirely to spite Denmark by having a building taller than their entire country.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

But Denmark is taller than both Norway and Sweden...
Greenland doesn't count. :colbert:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I feel like my playful jab at Denmark spiraled a bit out of control.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Why would you disable your antivirus?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

On commas, I try to not use more than one per sentence. If I feel like there should be another comma it's usually better to just start a new sentence instead.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Also a frigate with a crew of 175.
One of the ones that can't shoot?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Also any time a public service gets sold off to private interests.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

McCloud posted:

Why the hell is vårdförbundet defending this lovely practice that costs a fortune every loving year?
I can understand the nurses here. To them it doesn't matter if the people working alongside them are employed or temps, all that matters to them is they don't have enough people to go around as is and someone going "We have to cut down on the temps because we need to save money" is directly going to contribute to their already crushing workload.

Obviously the correct solution is to actually give the healthcare system the money it needs to employ enough people and not rely on fudging the numbers by using temps, but lol, lmao if that ever happens with a bunch of neoliberal assclowns in power.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

NordStream getting destroyed and shut down is a net positive, there's no reason to dig into why or who.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

teen witch posted:

a few humbling years of ceaseless anguish
We call that Moderatstyre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sweden's education about drugs is similar to a deep red US state's sex ed and about as effective.