Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Was about to say, it wouldn't be the first time if they black bagged some poor fuckers for Erdogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/veolenes/status/1602422760000655360

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well, one thing that deregulation of the arbetsförmedlingsmonopolet gave us was to make bemanningsföretag legal. Yes, before the Bildt government deregulated it in 1993, bemanning was effectively illegal in Sweden.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Not specifically about Erdogan, but this thing where authoritarians absolutely can't let anyone laugh at their expense, which in turn makes them go after even the tiniest slights with so much bombastic rhetoric that it becomes absurd, thus making sane people laugh at them even more, that I find quite fascinating. And funny.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Lidl is (or at least used to be) the absolute bottom of the barrel for employee welfare, paying the shittiest wages and having the worst working hours, I actively avoid shopping there.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Crows are cool and smart.

Cats are adorable but also selfish pricks.

Dogs are stupid as poo poo but adorable and often unselfish.

Animals are good. Some of them are also tasty.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I regret to inform you that your cats were in fact three crows in a trenchcoat.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ulf, is that you?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Barn till utrikes födda hör ofta till en av de mest ekonomiskt utsatta i samhället. Maria Malmer Stenergard tror inte att ett förändrat regelverk leder till att fler barn växer upp i fattigdom, men menar att man även ska ta hänsyn till föräldrarnas förmåga.

– Jag är fullt övertygad om att den kravlösa integrationspolitik vi har haft, som har inneburit att man får bidrag oavsett hur mycket man har ansträngt sig, den leder till utanförskap i mycket större utsträckning än om du faktiskt vågar ställa krav, säger hon.

Ah yes, thats how we like it, keep 'em poor and desperate, that'll teach 'em.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I saw the headline at work and I literally mumbled out loud "don't threaten me with a good time". gently caress each and every one of those parasites.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Slap a 100% inheritance tax in there and I can see more leeway on the income side.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

I will let this "insändare" in DN summarize my thoughts on the utter travesty that is my workplace (MTR Pendeltåg) right now:

https://www.dn.se/insandare/stoppa-mtrs-inforande-av-tag-som-kors-av-ensamma-forare/

I thought stationsvärdar were already long gone. My grandma whos basically blind in one eye and have really bad vision on her other eye got told "just take a cab instead" when she tried to call in advance to get help navigating the subway.

EDIT: It's also from her involvement in Synskadades Riksförbund that I know of poo poo like this.

quote:

Vilmer Bäckman är 21 år och blind. Trots att han har allvarliga svårigheter att resa med den allmänna kollektivtrafiken, och hans syncentral medgett att det i vissa fall är förenat med livsfara, har Region Stockholm nekat honom färdtjänsttillstånd.

Vilmer Bäckman överklagade avslaget till förvaltningsrätten. Förvaltningsrätten påstod att det inte var uteslutet att han skulle kunna lära sig alla sträckor utantill.

Nidhg00670000 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 10, 2023

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Center clearly superior to Plopp anyway. :colbert:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheFluff posted:

m completely ruined their reputation for having a credible defense policy during the reinfeldt years.

sure would have been useful to be prepared for extreme weather and pandemics, huh?

Bold of you to assume the people that care about credible defence policy a) give enough of a poo poo (about the reputation of M) and b) are non-partisan enough to not simply go "yes, but something something my taxes tho".

Alternatively blaming brown people, my coworker literally said and seems to believe that "one of the reasons they downsized our defense was because the cost of immigration was rising".

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Abloobloo, wont Sweden stop hurting the feelings of the Hungarian people, says country that has used Sweden specifically in their elections for at least ten years to warn about the "dangers" of mass immigration and homo-fascism and the threat to the nuclear family those constitute.

For all their bluster about how manly men they are that make tough decisions, fasc are the most thin-skinned little hate goblins. But everyone here already knows this.

:umberto:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I have no loving clue what that article is about, I'm choosing to believe the farmer stopped a bus full of Russians.

EDIT: Unrelated. Suck my entire rear end in a top hat, vultures.

Nidhg00670000 fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 10, 2023

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

V. Illych L. posted:

the worst part is that we do all this stuff while still insisting that we're a society ruled by iron principles of jantelov. it's ridiculous.

This is the same in Sweden, everyone over a certain income starts screaming about jantelagen and how only Sweden is stupid enough to hate rich people like this as soon as a hint of raising taxes is found.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

I also don’t like ad hominem in general but on the other hand, I’ve never been prouder of my boomer dad than when he called Ulf “Dvärgen” (yes yes I know it's problematic but he's a boomer let's save that fight for another day).

My dad never says his name, he always calls him "den lille" or sometimes "Iznogoud" after the comic book character.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I always get Peter and Marcus Birro mixed up in my head. Made that tweet more confusing.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well, SD has mostly won the war on immigration, they need a new subject to rally the idiots around. I thought they'd be all in on climate change denialism, maybe they're hedging their bets or they can't focus on any singular thing as much as they could hate on brown people.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

This is the only picture I've ever seen that does his royal highness justice and the one that appears in my minds eye anytime he is mentioned.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh, 50+ new posts in the Scandipol thread, I wonder what Uffe has done n

quote:

Tie?

quote:

no tie

quote:

socks with sandals?

Oh ok.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Among other things, last I checked Sweden still has low interest rates, compared to much of the rest of the EU at least. It then becomes yet another export, not just goods and services but also capital to foreign destinations. With prevailing lower interest rates, borrowers in Sweden (and Norway) find themselves in a favorable financial position, generating surplus cash.

Consequently, investors are borrowing funds at the aforementioned comparatively attractive rates and channeling them into European investments that offer higher yields. As a result, the currency experiences a decline while other global currencies are on the rise. As the Euro strengthens, so do the Euro-dominated yields, further fueling the cycle of capital export. This perpetual process seems to lead to a continuous decrease in the value of the Kronor.

Also, the rising oil price has opened the door for shale producers again, which doesn't help oil supplying Norway.

But I'm just an amateur completely talking out of my rear end right now.

Nidhg00670000 fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 5, 2023

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/presstraff-efter-kristerssons-mote-med-erdogan-i-vilnius

What did Uffe give away now then?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

What gently caress *is* he doing here anyway? Like, did they have markings on the floor that they weren't allowed to leave so Uffe is kinda leaning over, keeping one foot on the mark?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Conflict for conflicts sake is definitely something that isn't unique to fash.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The fact that it's so incredibly easy to whip up anti-Swedish sentiment because someone burns a Quran tells me that wherever you go in the world, there's plenty of people that won't let facts get in the way of some good old hate.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
What, is "weekender" actual danish?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

A majority of Swedes are against private schools (and also private healthcare iirc, might be wrong on that one), even among blue voters, yet we are never ever getting rid of them because job creators or something I guess.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
There's a guy at our German office whose last name is Knull. Lucky him working for a Swedish company.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
AI will solve "it". (Doesn't matter what "it" is.)

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
These gang memebers are operating on a "kill or be killed" basis, I can't see how locking them away for longer will help as long as the "supply" of new troops isn't cut. Like, from what I'm seeing they're all semi-amateurs given a gun and a target, they're not exactly irreplaceable skill-wise.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Haven't you been listening? Reichsführer Åkesson will do his utmost to purge Sweden of race traitors, that'll fix everything right quick!

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I was only listening with half an ear at work, but if I heard correctly the Solberg situation led to zero legal repercussions?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So I was strejkvakt at Tesla the other day. Very very uneventful, except for one guy in a Tesla stopping and chatting with us, expressing his full support for the strike? :shrug:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's status, among at least some people. On the other hand, I have plenty of Sverigedemokrater at work who simultaneously believe "no one with a university education should be allowed to be a politician because they don't know how real life works" and "politician X (that I don't like) is bad and dumb and smelly because they're not educated enough in their portfolio" so... :shrug:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ironically, every time one of my conservative co-workers expresses support for Palestine it comes from an anti-semitic angle. You know, the thing that they always accuse leftists of. Projection, all of it.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Next, look up what Ben Franklin thought of Swedes (and Germans, and Italians, and Russians and so on).

Whiteness as a concept is basically a continuous rhetorical shift.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

teen witch posted:

Speaking of media, turns out Dumpen is shittier than I had thought.

ETC

Text of the article (you’ll have to interact with r/sweden, wear gloves)
Pt 1
Pt 2

Vigilantes are just cops that have decided to be even less bothered with rules than regular cops. I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
100% inheritance tax now. How high we set the base deduction is up for discussion.

EDIT: Also, I going to start using some kind of semi-sincere argument for why raising the capital income tax is a natural next step for "arbetslinjen", suggestions welcome.

Nidhg00670000 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 1, 2024