Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Baudolino posted:

So the question has been raised" would you ask a male politician if he felt nervous?". With the implication being that women gets asked this but never men and that this is bad. If there is a double standard here then that is bad. But eh, yeah i would like to know if certain male politicans felt nervous when giving a speech.

Women are often held to a stricter more demanding standard which is unfair. The best solution is to also and with equal force apply the same standard to men.

In the developed world women are progressing, men are backsliding. This is because we men decided it was ok and cool to a have lazy " aw-shucks i`ll just wing it" attitude to life. Women in general are not socialized to have this lovely attitude, instead they feel like they have to over perform and really do their homework to not get ridiculed. We men could use some of that neurotic paranoia and self-doubt. We ougth be more like Clinton and less like Trump.

In short do ask male politicans if they feel nervous and why they wear such ill/well fitting suits.
Its good for society.

There there. It's alright.
I also have deep-settled feelings of self loathing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teen witch posted:

What is even the point of a Koran burning?

Pretty obvious. It's to make your average svennebanan to vote SD.
They're gonna see mass destruction of public property caused by a certain subset of people angry about a perfectly legal demonstration done by a Danish clown and they're gonna think twice about who they're wanna vote for in the next election.

EDIT: If your home country suddenly starts looking like Ukraine does right now and there's only one party that promises to do anything about it, you'll consider voting for them, even if it's the loving nazis, which is the goal, I imagine.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 16, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teen witch posted:

I still don’t know why this schnook is allowed into the country if this is straight up his one cool trick. Like he’s hardly better than Westboro Baptist. Why keep playing into his game by letting him do this?

Sweden is fine with permanently housing actual ISIS terrorists, which I think is a slightly bigger deal than an edgy demonstration.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Schengen Area? What's that? Sounds like some bullshit.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I unfortunately can't find a concrete source either for or against but allegedly no actual books were burned at the "demonstration". Which makes this whole situation even stupider.

EDIT: Nevermind, that was inaccurate. A book was burned there.
https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/Jx5LnP/rasmus-paludan-40-branner-koranen-och-siktar-pa-riksdagen

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 17, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

MassiveSky posted:

So, are the swedes blaming the cops, blaming racism or blaming the instigator for some people apparently losing their free will once a certain book gets torched?

I've seen all of the above.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is he rich? If he's rich we could eat him.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/sd-forslag-dra-tillbaka-uppehallstillstand-for-hela-familjer-vid-kriminalitet

Swedish SD, the right-wing extremist party, trying to put forward a bill that would infringe on human rights in the form of collective punishment against families of immigrants that are involved in serious crimes or "asocial lifestyles".

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"Just shoot at their legs. :downs:"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BonHair posted:

When can the non racists begin taking about "decades of failed integration policy" in the sense that we have never made a real effort to integrate the Muslim population into society at large?

There was that one time when Sweden gave out goats to new immigrants.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Doesn't help the fact that teachers are already not getting paid anything and when they gotta work in one of those schools where most kids don't even speak Swedish I don't blame them if they just shrug and don't bother even trying to do anything about it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

They somehow forgot Ukrainian refugees also can't live on the paltry far-below-subsistence benefits we give to "non-western" refugees, so they're scrambling to make another special law now. And on that note, we're officially shipping people back to Afghanistan to starve and be brutalised by the Taliban.

Out of curiosity, how much do non-citizens get as social benefits? Are there numbers on that?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

More surveillance IS more freedom.

It's just not specifying who exactly is getting more freedom.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

fnox posted:

https://twitter.com/OAJonsson/status/1521381865936072710

Lol, now they're besmirching Astrid Lindgren. Everyone gets to be a Nazi, except the ones actually annexing territories through genocide.

Love the rhetoric that if you are against Russia then you're for Nazis.

Saddest thing is that it works 100%. My parents are spewing the same poo poo right now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They could always hold a referendum the same way they did for the nuclear issue where the only available answers to "Do you want nuclear power plants?" were "No" and "Hell no!"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Yeah, when you think about it, Democracy is a fool's errant and your average sheep needs someone smart and handsome to decide for them.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Clayton Bigsby posted:

It's called "representative democracy" and is, in fact, democracy.

And then your average dumbshit with social media addled brain goes and votes SD. Why risk it in the first place.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Do Russians count as whites?
I need to know this before I can make up my mind about the situation.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I have literally never not been fed when visiting someone's home.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/IsaacYeen/status/1531633473835917312
https://twitter.com/bidetmarxman/status/1531509286458707968
https://twitter.com/genghisbruh/status/1531386488356732929
https://twitter.com/danielmalmer/status/1531506474362470402

Spitting Sweden facts.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 31, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Groda posted:

The state of cannabis liberalization in Sweden is so far off that everyone's ignoring the page number.

Cannabis is illegal. Period.
No, we cannot do a government investigation into possible medical uses of cannabis, like our department of health is suggesting.
Why? I just told you. Cannabis is illegal.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zudgemud posted:

We have cannabis containing drugs though, you just don't smoke weed, and there are severe restrictions in prescribing it because of obvious reasons. Doctors can also get a license to prescribe normally illegal cannabis drugs, but this is comparatively rare.

My bad, the department of health was suggesting an investigation into legalized personal use, not medical use.

https://www.svd.se/a/zG2X7w/vill-utreda-narkotikalag-men-regeringen-sager-nej

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Alhazred posted:

The people who are pro drugs being illegal are so bad at pr that drugs will soon be legal. Like the cops loving sent the child protective services at a woman who were pro legalizing. It was then revealed that they had a file on her despite admitting that she had broken zero laws.

Harassing pro-legalization people is way easier and more fun than doing anything useful like providing passes or stopping gangs.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Politicians insist on keeping weed tax-free and letting it fund the gangs purely on ideological grounds isn't the brightest idea ever.

But no let's tripple tax the electricity instead.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm baffled at how big of a deal this poo poo has become considering that it started as a single twitter post from an account spouting pro-Russian propaganda with their sources being "a random reddit post" and "a map that I made the gently caress up".

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

YT is at it again.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Cool country, but I guess making people prefer literal warzones to asylum centers was the intended effect.

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/udland/2022-06-01-ukrainske-kvinder-foeler-sig-utrygge-paa-asylcenter-i-danmark-mere-bange-her-end-i

Getting iraqi immigrants to harass your ukranian immigrants is a very wild 4d chess move by the danish government which accomplishes....errr....what exactly?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/MC34990/status/1536880914021720067

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Obviously we need to let our government sift through all of our telecommunication and install a CCTV camera in every citizen's bathroom so that they cannot commit any crimes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

Anything coming out of Russian affiliated sources should be taken as a blatant lie until proven otherwise.

That's what they want you to think, maaaaan.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

S are loving weasels in general.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Principles are for the poor.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Indeed, maybe the Russia are the good guys after all.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

thotsky posted:

Is leftists for Russia actually a thing?

Sorry, I cannot be bothered to find the source again, so take this for what it is but I did saw a Swedish news article about a bunch of swedish tankies having a pro-Russia march a few months ago.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

But what is the plan when it comes to female rapists?

EDIT: Sorry, that was a dumb question. Women can't be rapists.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Also, Katie Hopkins saying how Oslo east is devoid of white people

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Revelation 2-13 posted:

As far as people supporting putin/russia; outside this thread, I have only met one person who is mostly on the putin side since the war started, and he is a sad, conspiracy believing, nye borgerlige voting, mega dumbo. I think it’s probably different at different work places though.

I've met exactly two.

Both are my parents. :shepface:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Why don't you guys make out already?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm betting all in on a S + SD government. According to polls that's about enough for a total of 55%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teen witch posted:

So this sudden eruption in “SD is connected to hyper racists????” - am I missing something? I knew this before moving here. How is it news?

It's election season.