Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Sylvi Listhaug is suddenly pro windmills. I wonder why.

:laffo:

Yeah, that's a real mystery :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Sounds a lot like bullshit.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Unifying the air forces is just the first step towards a proper Nordic union :v:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

increasingly, social-democrat-led coalitions are able to mobilise coalitions which can take power, but are unable to keep all parts of those coalitions mollified. we see something of the sort in norway at the moment as well, where i get the impression that a lot of voters expected a government out of the One-Party period and instead got the left-leaning wing of the euroliberal project. that leads to broad disillusion, which again leads to reduced credibility - and the party or parties in question dropping like rocks in the polls. the right-wingers seem much better at coralling and harmonising powerful interests in the long and medium terms under the present social configuration in the nordics.

Mostly I think we expected at least some level of competency. Instead we got "we're monitoring the situation closely" and nothing being done.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Feliday Melody posted:

Apparently, Sweden broke some kind of record in deporting Brits after Brexit. Deporting almost as many as the rest of the EU combined.

How did this happen?

They overstayed their welcome? :shrug:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

It's that time of the year again - https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/jlgKdq/bonde-fikk-nok-stoppet-russebuss-med-traktor

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

zokie posted:

It’s when the last year students rent a bus and go around being drunk and obnoxious if I remember from Skam correctly

For two months...

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred posted:

I once lived at Kringsjå Studentby, at the end of may I was:

I've rarely slept well at Kringsjå studentby :sun:

I live very close to one of the favorite spots for the local russebuss, so sleep is a challenge during may.

Wibla fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 11, 2023

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

if a labour government does tvungen lønnsnemnd for a frontfag strike, it will have consequences for the political landscape of the country

It might push more voters towards Rødt, which at this point - I don't mind. At least they're honest about their political goals and Moxnes is a good example of how a single annoying competent fuckwit can carry a political party.

I voted Ap in the last election, because I was getting fed up with the incessant death by a thousand cuts poo poo Høyre was doing to social policy etc.
Little did I know that somewhere along the way, Ap (and Sp, apparently) ran out of competent people, and they're now doing death by a thousand x "we're following the situation closely but doing NOTHING" instead :downs:

TL;DR of this entire poo poo is that the government lost control over inflation because they're literally too dimwitted to understand that spiking energy costs has huge follow-on effects in the supply chain for anything that requires processing, refrigeration and transport. Like, you know. FOOD.
So now they're stuck in a poo poo sandwich - and did I mention that they're too incompetent to get out of it? yeah ... gently caress us all.

:negative:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

TLM3101 posted:

I know, but please believe me that some of us are trying to tamp down the worst of it.

e: Not that couple of the speakers at the current landsmøte hasn't made me want to :suicide:

Maybe it would be better if you went back to the proud communist tradition of :commissar: instead? :haw:

V. Illych L. posted:

the issue is that it's once again very concentrated on the old gro-stoltenberg-støre circle of influence. it also means that two of the top leadership figures in the party are now second-generation millionaires, which is not necessarily the best look.

still, vestre's a pretty good politician and brenna sort of had to come in. it's an ok constellation all told

Ap is looking more and more like Høyre light, they can get hosed.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

:negative:

I'd rather have an (SMR) NPP in my neighbourhood than a loving wind farm.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Of course it was.

We're overdue for reforms, they can start with body cams.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Except the government will totally gently caress you over for the little things even if you've had a baby.

gently caress NAV.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

That's just realpolitik :v:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Groke posted:

Nugatti or GTFO. :norway:

:emptyquote:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

THE BAR posted:

Is no one here wearing shorts?

I'm wearing shorts right now! :sun:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Now this is a good post.

With the prices they charge for hotel rooms, they can afford to pay people properly.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Why is there a bunch of unread po... oh.

:yikes:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

It's not the crime, but the cover up...

Moxnes more or less singlehandedly (re?)built Rødt, I'm curios how this is going to work out.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

One of the newest protest parties (INP) in Norway delivers (juicy?) drama :haw:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

They're certainly using their right to freedom of expression well :v:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

local elections are not looking enormously promising. looks like the broader bourgeois side is going to win a fair amount of cities and towns

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone... Local elections are at least in part a trial run for the big one two years down the line and the current government has basically made it a sport to step on rakes, so :shrug:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

TLM3101 posted:

Not helped by the fact that national politicians and the national press are desperate to insert themselves into the local elections and make them exactly the kind of referendum on national politics that local elections shouldn't be. Ah well. I have four years to sit on the outside and lob rocks at the bastards.

Yeah, it's annoying as hell. Ap and Sp showing their whole rear end since winning the national election doesn't help either.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

evil_bunnY posted:

grocery chains. they're next.

Next? Implying it hasn't already started :laffo:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Sensible politics is dead.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Fruits of the sea posted:

In Canada, it results in buying every drat box of wine there is once you find a good one, because it won't be there next month, or ever again.

So it's not just military procurement that's hosed eh?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

:laffo::laffo::laffo: Fuckelfjord :laffo::laffo::laffo:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

"Nå skal vi ikke ha noe tull!" - heard on a class trip in 8th grade as the lights went out.

There was naughty tull.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Jesus... Who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to give a man who can't do 2+2 without lying the finance minister post? :negative:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

yeah, vedum's brand of "oh-shucks" gladhanding is deeply irritating to me as well. it's transparently insincere, and journalists who were perfectly capable of seeing through it let him get away with murder because they thought that the rubes loved him unconditionally.

He's such a vile dipshit, when you start boiling it down.

V. Illych L. posted:

it is also very irritating to me that the article doesn't explain why this professor thinks only a 1,5% rate is likely to be sustainable in the long term - unless they're suggesting that returns on the global stock market is likely to grow by less than two percent per annum for an extended period of time without it causing a bona fide crisis of capitalism

I'd really like to know this, too.

Owling Howl posted:

So you never solved Dutch Disease - you’re just implementing it slowly?

Correct! And we're doing it in the dumbest possible way, too.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

yeah the idea is that the costs of doing business outside of superprofitable sectors get pushed up by the superprofitable sector. back in the day this was handled by simple wage discipline in the norwegian model system; after that collapsed, jens stoltenberg formulated the whole state pension fund scheme and imposed handlingsregelen as a mode of permanent fiscal restraint to keep the heat down a little. combine this with a knack for medium-term economic planning and norway has hitherto managed to avoid the petroleum industry cannibalising the rest of the economy - but it looks worse now for various reasons.

We're heading into a demographic crisis, with crumbling public infrastructure and skyrocketing inequality. poo poo is looking rather dire for the future of the Norway, IMO.

Baudolino posted:

As socially unfair as it migth be i am favor of removing the wealth tax in its current form. Its a huge incentive for deindustrialization.

The wealth tax in its current incarnation is a poison pill and should be removed or at least significantly reformed. Preferably before more business owners sell to foreigners or move to Switzerland*. The inheritance tax should be reintroduced but with a basic deduction of 20-50 million NOK.

*This loophole bullshit needs to be closed and we should institute a hefty "exile" tax for the shitheads that moved out just to skirt paying taxes.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Kevin Bacon posted:

gently caress em

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Correct.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Anders posted:

"Fun" Fact: The open secret within youth politics during the mid-90s when Giske was leader of AUF, is that their central committee had an internal competition on who could bed the most members during their two-week summer camp

edit: I'm happy with this page snipe :colbert:

This is entirely unsurprising.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Anders posted:

Depends on the category - consensual or non-consensual?

:drat:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

BonHair posted:

Yeah, that's more or less how it works in Denmark at least, and it sucked last time they did the limited strikes.

I really wish the unions for samfundskritiske jobs would just ally with the trash collectors, so the actual work stoppage was in trash collection, but paid for by the nurses. Trash collection strikes kick are awesome.

That would be hilarious. And effective :sun:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

*Gets independence*
*Complains about Danification*
*Copies the most Danish cultural treasure*

Have you seen the Norwegian version? :colbert:
It's pretty good.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

So I guess they made one good song, eh?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Piracy and other attacks on civilian shipping breaks international law and these tepid attempts at justifying them are blatantly bullshit from start to finish. Go somewhere else with that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ring kommunen, skolen og politiet. Der jeg bor ble det til slutt forbudt å kjøre russebuss i det hele tatt.