Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Prominent Norwegian politicians:

Sylvi Listhaug (FrP)

Jonas Gahr Støre (AP)

Erna Solberg (H)

Knut Arild Hareide (KrF)

Jens Stoltenberg (previous leader of AP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Angepain posted:

as a Scot i just want to warn you scandis in advance that in the event of scottish independence you guys should prepare for us inviting ourselves to all your nordic parties and assuming that we're all very close friends

Considering we allready have oil, gas and disgusting food I don't really see why we need you.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

Iceland is to Scandinavia as "Y" is to vowels.

But then you also would have to include the Orkney Islands, the part of UK that was under danelaw and Newfoundland. Its slippery slope and the end result is finns and estonians coming to post in the thread.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Well, they do anyway. Might as well rename it Nordic Politics.

That's not a very helpful attitude:saddowns:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Blandness of domestic food in Greater Scandinavia.

Have you ever tasted Rakfisk or gamalost,? Because that poo poo is not bland.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

kalstrams posted:

It's bland compared to southern food, I'm sorry.

So you haven't tasted it or even been in same vicinity of it then.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Scandinavian cuisine as a rule is either bland or a failed attempt at making biological weapons.

To be fair, we got really loving close when we invented lutefisk.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MRLOLAST posted:

If Norway took the plunge and went full EU we could buddy up and try and steer that ship a bit.

Or we could keep our oilmoney and watch as you fuckers tear each others to bits.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Nice piece of fish posted:

I'd even consider Iceland a natural ally and partner in any kind of typical scandinavian (and absolutely nordic) union, cooperation, treaty and such.

Yeah, its not like they would do an incredible stupid thing and doom us all.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

But enough about the Danish government.

At least you know who's head of the Danish government, that is not something you always can say about Iceland.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MRLOLAST posted:

Meh 300 000 people where many are related to eachother can probably manage to get along quite well without someone telling them what to do. They just need to keep on keeping on.

This was a population that almost perished because of bloodfeuds.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

doverhog posted:

A more interesting question is can Estonia ever be considered "nordic".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

doverhog posted:

A more interesting question is can Estonia ever be considered "nordic".

I say to you again, do not call up Any that you can not put down.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

kikkelivelho posted:

I just wanted to say that recent events have made me extremely disappointed in Sweden. Your country was a shining beacon of hope in an otherwise darkening Europe, but now even that is gone. Nothing good lasts forever I guess. Shame on all of you for giving away your principles

Its what they do: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_during_World_War_II#To_Nazi_Germany

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MRLOLAST posted:

I read that article and it seems like we helped the allies more.

Yeah, you were loving heroes..

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cardiac posted:

So I guess we were jealous of Norways way of picking Nobel Prize Laureates.

Du veit at ikke Norge deler ut alle nobelprisene, ikke sant?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

This is true.

Considering that we have a pretty big weapon industry it's at the very least not a outright lie.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

evilmiera posted:

If Pizzas aren't politics I don't know what is.

https://www.nrk.no/okonomi/grandiosa-reddet-av-reklamekampanje-1.557077

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Yes, please give me the low down on Denmark.

It's the only thing that it can give you, Denmark has the lowest of downs. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is a very flat country.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cardiac posted:

You say like that is a good thing ?

The first thing you need to do when you move to Denmark is to plot your escape route.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hollismason posted:

I grew up in rural Louisiana. Do Danes eat roadkill? If not I would be fine with a rural area.

The Danish cuisine is probably the most normal in Scandinavia, if you don't mind an almost comically amount if sugar and fat.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Its more likely that FrP will cease negotiations as a final gently caress you to Erna Solberg.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Please. I'm not that lucky. You're not that lucky.

But FrP is that incompetent and petty.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hollismason posted:

I grew up with Lithuanian cuisine so Danish Cuisine doesn't seem that different.

ThaumPenguin posted:

I think it's time we took a lesson from the UKMT:

The thing is that Støre won't take over this close to the election either so Erna is stuck trying to make a deal with what is basically a bunch of petulant children.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

Hypothetically, what would happen if the current government were to resign and Støre refuses to become PM.

:getin:

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 30, 2016

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ahahaha: http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/mulla-krekar/krekar-er-en-fri-mann-italia-vil-ikke-ha-ham-likevel/a/23860556/
Turns out its loving impossible to kick out Mullah Krekar.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Well, in that case you at least won't run out of butter.

Considered how screwed we would been then we would loving need it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I can tell you about the Norwegian system, about as detailed as you like.

:ohdear:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hollismason posted:

That's not unusual. The United States system is similar with Counties and individual Townships having Assessors. I probably have more knowledge in that specific area, but also have specialty in Property Tax investment for purchase of property taxes etc..

My area of study would probably be Denmark. Although I have yet to super investigate Norway.

I know of a few firms here that deal with foreign countries and people there investing in American Real Estate. I've actually done some appeals for a firm that was in Sweden I think.

I dunno in the US at least you don't have to have Citizenship in order to buy property apparently that is not the case with some European Countries.

Good luck with buying property in Norway.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I imagine it would not be hard to buy something in Bergen.

While its not as insane as Oslo its still not cheap. Plus you would have to deal with the people who live there.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/knut-arild-hareide/hareide-har-aldri-doegnet-foer/a/23860657/

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

Actually it'd be cool and good for the national budget to be designed by sleep-deprived shufflers.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Government Handjob posted:

Re: Bergen talk

It doesn't rain all the time here
Sometimes we get snow

Though I may be biased it really is a beautiful city. Pity our local gov. and police force are a bunch of blundering asshats.

Sorry, Bergen sucks: http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/tyskland/tysk-politi-stjaalet-arbeit-macht-frei-port-funnet-i-bergen/a/23862744/

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ahahaha loving burn you fuckers:devil:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It somehow makes sense that he considers tacos exotic.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Even if it was Åkesson who wrote that blurb, tacos are indeed exotic since exotic can mean "foreign".

It makes as much sense as calling pizza or spaghetti exotic.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Beeswax posted:

Oh poo poo, Stockholm's gonna slide into the sea!?

One can but hope..

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Also, interesting to see that the thread condones open drug dealing as long as they don't bother anyone. But hey, as long as I can by my weed I am cool with that.

Personlig føler jeg meg ikke integrert i en by før noen har tilbudt meg hasj. Ikke at jeg skjønner hvorfor de prøver, dette er en samtale jeg hadde med en pusher:
"Røyker du?"
"Nei."
"Røyker du?"
"eh, nei?"
"Vil du ha litt tjall?"
"Hæ?"
"Har du lyst til å kjøpe litt marihuana?"
"Nei takk"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The most polite, approachable and downright friendly-in-a-non-fake-feeling-way salesman I've ever interacted with was someone trying to sell me some pot. No beating around the bush either, just asked whether I wanted to buy some, then politely bid me a good day when I declined. He was clearly having a good time, and wanted to share them with other people. Much better experience than those horrible horrible people that infest bigger towns; streets salesmen wanting to get you to sign up for some poo poo they don't even believe in themselves.

I have the exact opposite experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Y
Also from the Sydsvenskan article

So less police, less crime.
That's some pretty impressive cherrypicking. The article says that since drug related crimes aren't reported that often they aren't a good indicator about how high the crimerate is. Vandalism and burglary on the other hand is almost always reported and is a better indicator and those crimes are going down.

quote:

But it goes with this thread as "gently caress the poor" since they are not voting left.
The shootings, burnings, bad schools, and segregated living areas are things that doesn't affect the people in this thread, since we are living well away from it and have the means to do so.

First of all that's pretty huge assumption. Second it's pretty lovely to use poor people as a way to score political points like you are doing here.