Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Baudolino posted:

This year it became possible to change your legal gender in Norway by request. No need to provide a reason. Just inform the population register and it`ll get done. I agree with that. It was not decent to demand people get castrated before they could change their legal gender.

But now we have to rethink out where and when gender should have legal consequences. In particular this applies to the various types of mild positive discimination to help women get into academia, the military and various male dominated professions. Do we tweak these policies so that you can only benefit from them if you were assigned "female" at birth? Do we require that you have to outwardly appear as a woman for a certain amount of time ( say 5 years for example). Or do we say gently caress it and hope for the best? Remove them completely because gender is a false construct that we are now offically over and done with?

I am sure there are other areas where your legal gender matters that will require a rethink now that anyone can have it changed.

LO and UNIO spoke vehemently against making a gender-neutral equality law on march 8th, demanding that positive discrimination won't be applicable for anyone joining the wrong side.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Good thing for the posters in this thread that it isn't an election year

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

So I guess my hopes for a leftist party single majority government followed by Bolshevik revolution and the top 20% against the wall is delayed for another 4 years?

The great thing about marxism is that everyone can be poor at the same time