Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Wouldn't an M+KD+SD budget be shot down by all the other parties?

It wouldn't be M+KD+SD, it would be M+KD putting forward a budget that they know SD as well as C and L would accept over an S budget. That way C will get their cost cuts and lowered taxes while being able to claim to not work with SD and SD, who are now much more economically conservative than they were previously, will get a budget that will be in line with their focus on law and order and strict immigration. C most likely know that joining S won't give them any less restrictive immigration policies anyway, and they have nothing in common regarding taxation and labor policies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Well, we will probably find out. And also, even if people don't actually buy it they might accept it if they get part of what they want, in the case of C lower taxes and deregulation. For C either choice of partner can cost them voters. A coalition with S would bleed voters to the right and beeing seen as relying on SD will probably bleed voters to the left, primarily MP, most likely.

One thing is sure though, you are going to see pundits on all sides arguing semantics relentlessly for the coming few months.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

McCloud posted:

As a plus side, this means the dissolution of blockpolitics if KD and M abandon C and L....right?

This depends on what you mean by plus.

Considering that L and C are closer to M and KD politically on most matters apart from immigration than ever before, and in the case of C to the right of M in economic matters, there is a rather distinct possibility that what it will get you is the strict immigration policies of SD+S+M+KD and the right wing economic policy of C+L+M+KD with SD support.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

SplitSoul posted:

That's literally impossible unless they start putting people on trains.

What did you think the intent behind the push for high speed rail traffic in the agreememt actually was?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

SimonChris posted:

https://twitter.com/sezmohammed/status/1252500993972948992

FYI, Stockholm Syndrome is just a misogynist lie invented by Swedish police to smear women made completely rational criticisms of their Rambo tactics.

A Nils Bejerot theory turns out to be harmful unscientific garbage. What a shocker.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

lilljonas posted:

Yeah, when I mönstrade it was about 15K conscripts being picked out, and it was only mandatory for men at that point, so we're talking about 15% of the male population born that year. Then conscription was ended in various form between 2010 and 2018, but now it's more or less back 5 800 in 2021 would be about 5% of the total population. When you're tasked with weeding out 95% of possible recruits, you pretty much have to remove anyone that's not motivated or have any physical or psychological reason why they would not fit.

Compare that to my uncle, who was sent to prison for refusing to mönstra back in the 70's. Things have changed a lot.

It changed pretty fast in the early 90's. In my year of mönstring a couple of people at my gymnasieårskull got physical exemptions and the rest of us, about 95% plus, got drafted and did our military service. Just one year later something like half of that years candidates got placed in the reserve category.

I did my military service in 96 and the focus was still pretty much 100% how to counter the russian hordes sure to be rushing over the border pretty much any day now.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

McCloud posted:

Well gently caress. Silly me for thinking a decision of this magnitude would be put to a loving vote, but then they'd risk it being voted down, wouldn't they. Fuckers

It will be put to a vote, in parliament, the way it works in a representative democracy.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'd argue that a parliamentary vote in a representative democracy can only be legitimate within that system if the topic of the vote was touched upon during the election. If NATO membership was not and has not been a part of the discussion in Sweden in ages, then the members of parliament can't represent the people on this topic. Moreover, the very fact that it is now being brought up by the politicians who formerly had no intention of doing so, indicates a shift in position among the political class - one that might or might not be representative of the people who voted for them in the first place. In much the same way as Swedish politicians deciding to vote on EU membership out of the blue wouldn't be legitimate either.

Politicians end up voting on a lot of things that haven't been touched upon in an election all the time. That is part of living in an unpredictable world.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Kamrat posted:

Joining NATO is not a small decision and shouldn't just be joined into willy-nilly either way.

It really sucks that they can just say "gently caress ya'll" and join NATO without even considering what the people want.

S, and SD for that matter, have considered what the people want, and have reached the conclusion that they don't want to go into an election where they are being seen as possibly against NATO membership, especially with Finland joining.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Nato code was added to the curriculum 20 years ago, it would take a special kind of idiot to default to fredrik over foxtrot

Especially when Filip is correct, not Fredrik.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

BonHair posted:

How many actual SD MPs are actually right wing in any sense but the racism? I genuinely don't know, in just working backwards from DF in Denmark, where there was clearly a very socdem faction and a more classic borgerlig faction (Messerschmidt definitely fits here). If SD has the same, and a bit less authoritarian leadership, they might do some weird chaos votes to keep everyone happy internally.

Back when they entered parliment they where slightly to the right of the social democrats on economic issues, trying to portray themselves as a centre party with added racism. These days their voters, and the party with it is solidly right economically with the exeption of pensions and unemplyment benefits. Their voters like lower taxes and the party leadership, which really only care about immigration and culture war stuff will follow along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Kamrat posted:

Apparently people are spamming the inboxes of L-politicians to not support a government that includes SD

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/mejlkampanj-mot-liberalerna

I don't think this will change a thing, since L has never cared about what people want but there's a small hope at least.

Skiftet and BLM Sweden lol!

Why would L give a poo poo about what they think?