Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

In svenskfinland we redefined mead to be the same as the finnish Sima. Which is much faster to make.
https://www.tasteline.com/recept/finsk-sima-till-valborg/

This recipe forgets the bottle of beer which you also pour into the bucket. We always make a 10l bucket every May 1st.
This sounds awesome and I can absolutely nag my partner to make some. Though pray tell, how much beer and what type?

Don’t ask me how but today I learned that Finnish immigrants to the US in the 1900s faced discrimination and the whole “you’re not really white” bullshit as well. I thought the sentiment in Sweden was loving ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

Generally we just pour a regular 33cl bottle (or can) of light beer into it. To keep it OK for the kiddos to drink, though I doubt even a strong beer into a 10l bucket changes things. I once added a dark beer instead which also worked fine. It's very fast and loose.

You could probably add hops directly instead of beer if you wante to be fancy. But this is definitely meant to be an un-fancy kind of thing that anyone can brew up in a week.

e: have some old photos of my cats for the page snipe

The only kids we have poo poo in a box and yell at us if we close the door to pee, so I think I might try it first with beer and maybe experiment with hops later on! Thanks!

(Also those two are adorable!!! We also have striped and void boys)

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Next, look up what Ben Franklin thought of Swedes (and Germans, and Italians, and Russians and so on).

Whiteness as a concept is basically a continuous rhetorical shift.

What are white people? We just don’t know.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Re-Animator loving rules

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Speaking of media, turns out Dumpen is shittier than I had thought.

ETC

Text of the article (you’ll have to interact with r/sweden, wear gloves)
Pt 1
Pt 2

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I feel that having a Danzig-era Misfits amount of skulls, refusing to either return them or do anything with them of genuine merit (whatever the hell that could be), and then getting mad that people are pointing this out is asking for a multigenerational curse.

If you can’t be bothered to do the bare minimum, congratulations, centuries of darkness and despair. I think a few humbling years of ceaseless anguish might change some institutions or governments tune real quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Re: Sweden and substance usage