Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Very timely resurrection of the thread with Swedish police spending an hour recently to figure out if person was Danish or drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Geriatric Pirate posted:

what do you guys think about immigrants?
What about them?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

doverhog posted:

Don't you mean kamelsa kamelsa?
Not in my Scandinavia! :doom:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ligur posted:

DO YOU FIND IT TO YOUR TASTES
Like people in Northern Europe are capable of tasting.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ligur posted:

What do you mean with this peculiar sentiment?
Blandness of domestic food in Greater Scandinavia.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ligur posted:

Don't eat at bad kitchens then.

Local stuff like reindeer and salmon (nevermind other fishes) are not bland.

We have potatoes, others have maize, wheat. Blandness: similar.

Mediterranean food is often superior to others I can attest.
I mean it's ok, Latvian food is also poo poo, but it'll take a Christmas miracle for me to accept what Sweden calls a potato salad.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ligur posted:

Potato salad is awsome, what is wrong with the Swedish version?
The whole dish is wrong to my sensibilities.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alhazred posted:

Have you ever tasted Rakfisk or gamalost,? Because that poo poo is not bland.
It's bland compared to southern food, I'm sorry.

Ligur posted:

Now look, how is this possible?

A thing which contains chopped boiled potatoes, spring onion, pickled cucumber, vinegar, and sour cream with salt black pepper and such - and depending on the recipe, perhaps lime, apple, capers and even anchovies cannot be wrong in any format.

I judge you to be a xenophobe, and a hitler. And suffering from other phobias too, just to be sure.
My problem with it is that it is called salad. It tastes very good, not arguing that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alhazred posted:

So you haven't tasted it or even been in same vicinity of it then.
Yeah I just live in Sweden.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Angepain posted:

this I'm fine with. But I've been learning swedish for some reason and people keep translating smörgås as "sandwich", I've seen your smörgåsar I know what they are and what they aren't and I won't stand for it this poo poo is important dammit
Only English nations are decadent and rich enough to turn their nose away from sandwich that doesn't have a clearly excessive and unnecessary piece of bread on top. In normal countries, free from neo-consumerist capitalist ire, we accept all sandwiches as equals.

Hot-dogs are sandwiches too, by the way.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

doverhog posted:

A more interesting question is can Estonia ever be considered "nordic".
Never.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nuclear exit is would be brexit of Swedish energy industry.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That is actually sensible, Green parties of outside microstates should have neutral, if not positive stance towards nuclear power, even though the latter would not bode well with average electorate, mainly due to the fact that inventors of modern nuclear technologies reliably fail to communicate anything.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's why I said it was cool.
Yeah I'm just trying to give a bit more background to it, though as you see, being a physics student I don't do much better job at communicating than physicists themselves.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rappaport posted:

:( I'm so, so sorry
Could've been much worse, to be frank.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Well, someone needs to invent a device which will send Russia into an alternate dimension.
I'm actually on the practical side of things, so how about we accurately measure their radio traffic using a satellite? :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MRLOLAST posted:

Jamie is Danish, Scarlet is..a Johansen. :)
Scarlett is Katheryn Winnick, Canadian-Ukrainian.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

100% for Sweden, not at all for Denmark and Norway.
Swedes can't recognise a sauna even if they are sitting in it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh yeah, Sweden is producing metric fuckton of military goods for the size of the country.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fox Cunning posted:

No idea what a sauna is. Totally unrelated I enjoy steaming in a nice toasty bastu.
The real question is if you insist on wearing underwear in it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MRLOLAST posted:

[quote="A Buttery Pastry" post="462213529"]
Another tragic case of goon face blindness.

Sorry for being wrong. I have never heard of that other lady. Not big on celebrities and thought that there was a Scandinavian connection.
The Scandinavian connection here is playing in a TV show "Vikings". :rolleyes:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

what is going on here i don't even
Atheism does not make you intelligent or Why God is a Commodore Vic20.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wild Horses posted:

let me move out first tho please
Sure, let us know the next target for nukes.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lord Tywin posted:

So the theme for this years book fair in Gothenburg is freedom and speech. Now they threw out a newspaper that have opinions that they're uncomfortable with while still letting all kind of left wing extremist newspaper being represented. Never change Sweden :allears:
Could we get a sample of these uncomfortable opinions the exiled newspaper did convey, perhaps? And some of these left wing extremist papers too?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

One has to wonder if you read what you link.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If anyone comes across the stupid Eurabia argument with person that actually does not mind reading/listening, Statistics Sweden have published figures for 2015.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I don't see anything there that counters the general Eurabia argument, that being that Muslim/Arab population is much more heavily represented in the part of the population that has yet to have children, and that this population is likely to produce more offspring than the rest of the population in the same age group.
That's a very sophisticated argument compared to poo poo I usually hear that overwhelming amount of immigrants in developed EU nations are Arabs.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:rolleye: So when do the short clips become accountable? 2 minutes and 1 second? 6 minutes and 9 seconds? Or wait, maybe it is whatever is slightly longer than the SR produce?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What about Tobo?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

There are people born in Stockholm who spend less time in the non-Stockholm parts of Sweden in their entire lifetime so I wouldn't worry quite yet.
I know a dude like that, he though lives in Moscow. He is 30, and has left Moscow metro area once since being a toddler, for a week or so long vacation.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Emetic Hustler posted:

Is it laziness why people don't vote or is it that they have a feeling that their vote doesn't matter?
The former follows the latter. It's hard to find effort to do something meaningless, isn't it? Doesn't even matter if cabinets or whatever else is voted in directly or indirectly. Plenty of people just have preconception of politics being decided at a plane remote from their existence.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

http://www.svt.se/opinion/article11011909.svt

A short little think-piece that pretty much sums up my thoughts on the future of the GOP in USA. I'm just sad that they'll make life harder for their perception of "untermenchen" (LGBT, muslims, women in general) before they crash and burn.
As it looks right now, Trump administration is seeking to sign a few dozen executive orders to destroy Obama's legacy right in the first day of the office. Pence has confirmed full reversal on LGBT rights. And, as you may imagine, there will be a red Supreme Court, that may only get worse if one or more justices do die of old age during the Trump presidency. As it stands, even in for years they will be able to inflict decades of social and political damage, especially with the Supreme Court staffing. The most frightening part of all I have just mentioned? We are only in the early [American] morning of the first day after the election day.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

You just had to come in here and make sense? :eng99:
:confused: Just in case, I might be sorry.

BigglesSWE posted:

I'm just interested to see if the rabid Trumpsupporters CAN be let down by their supreme leader, or if they'll eat up his inevitable lies and excuses as he fails on every major campaign promise.
I saw this mentioned somewhere else on the forums - he might just do bunch of busywork that appears to be means to get A or B done. Either way, he was voted in for being a piece of poo poo, not in spite of that, so I can't say that there will be a sudden revolution against him. Turns out Americans, especially white middle+ class ones, do hate Hillary Clinton to an extent they will vote for candidate that they objectively find unfit for presidency.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

I meant that it was a very good post with some horrifying (but perfectly logical) assumptions. Meant nothing bad towards you, chum.
Oh, I see. I wish all of those were assumptions, to be fair. There have already been official statements concerning the first day executive orders, and destruction of LGBT protections. The major assumptions I made are a long standing conservative majority in the Supreme Court after Trump is done with presidency, and the public in general regressing towards xenophobia. I'm afraid that either may be more likely than not.

At least you guys are not voting for SD any time soon (or ever at all), even though even SD would prove to be a major quality of political life improvement for me coming over from Latvia. While our right is not so overt with slandering "the others", they still are economically liberal. At least they can't possibly form a government without any of the two major parties taking the effective lead of the coalition.

Well, they couldn't. We're experienced sort of a political crisis right now with ruling party plummeting to being unpopular with everyone bar literally their friends and relatives, so it's hard to predict what will happen on the next elections.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Karpaw posted:

You're gay.
Is this some post-PC take on throwing around "fag" at people?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

I see. Next time I'm in Sweden I'll have to visit some of those. Any recommendations?
Tobo, I lived there for some time. Remember to visit the pizza place serving food poisoning, toilet paper, coffee, and cigarettes to the entire population of 800.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

eightpole posted:

loving lol if your local pizzeria isnt also an illegal night club
It's so illegal it doesn't even work after dark. :smug:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Uppsala is fine, if you didn't want to eat kebab anyway.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

NO KEBAB!??!?!?!?!?!? (Loads of FYR immigrants?)
There is lots of irrationally bad kebab. Falafel situation is somewhat better, but if you want some meat in your poo poo, there's like a single place that can offer flatbread with anything but garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

His Divine Shadow posted:

I like my kebab with fries, and macaroni salad
*The product may contain between dozen and two dozen jalapenos.
**Served relatively warm.
***Seasoned with the spicy mix and half a cup of mayo.