Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I for one miss my Thursday yellow pea soup with bacon served with a side dish of pancakes. But then again it has been a long time since I lived in Sweden :)
Btw, Iceland is definitely part of Scandinavia. Just not geographically part of the peninsula.

MRLOLAST fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
If Norway took the plunge and went full EU we could buddy up and try and steer that ship a bit.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Meh 300 000 people where many are related to eachother can probably manage to get along quite well without someone telling them what to do. They just need to keep on keeping on.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
That is medias fault though. They are convinced that no one cares about the EU and do not report anything about it unless its negative.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I read that article and it seems like we helped the allies more.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
The Greens have always been an opposition party , they have never been in charge of real decisions before. Just citicising the ones in charge.
They view the world as Stockholm and surrounding areas and think that everyone should travel collectively, preferably by subway. The first thing they did was to proclaim a Palestinian state.
They are not known for their sensible beliefs. I liked them better as a social conscience party to remind us to also think of the environment.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Proclaim a Palestinian state? You mean recognize Palestine? Because that's also a cool thing to do.

To you yes, but I think a lot of people disagreed.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Jamie is Danish, Scarlet is..a Johansen. :)

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
[quote="A Buttery Pastry" post="462213529"]
Another tragic case of goon face blindness.

Sorry for being wrong. I have never heard of that other lady. Not big on celebrities and thought that there was a Scandinavian connection.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
All the southerners went in to shock when they showed up for the Army in the north. I had to pitch the tents and carry all the heavy stuff by myself for the first weeks while they where sitting shaking by a fire drinking soup.

If the country of Norrland gets in to war with the south they just need to relax.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The ultimate cause of the loss was the Swedish Riksdag refusing to fulfill their king's promise of military support against Prussia and Austria. The Danish king was merely trying to salvage the situation, by inserting Denmark into the German Confederation as a destabilizing unit, because unlike the Swedes he realized the misery that a united Germany would cause.

The Swedish people stopped listening to their war-mongering kings a long time ago. We won't help any neighbor whether they are being invaded by Germans or Russians.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Na ban all hunters as punishment for them always being dicks about wolves.

The last time a wild wolf killed a human in Sweden was "probably" in the 1750s. Hunters don't give a poo poo about people. They just want to be able to hunt with dogs running around free in the woods.

2012 -Kolmården was the last time no?

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
To be fair the 400 or so wolves I'm Sweden do kill something like 8000 moose a year for better and for worse.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Why is there so many explosions in Malmö? It seems to happen every week.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Isn't Hygge a Danish thing and aren't they the happiest people on earth?

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Before I left Sweden I found that short weekend trips to Spain helped vs the gloomy darkness. A few beers and a round of golf in the sun and I was ready for another 2 months.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I work in an international environment so ties are part of the uniform. When in Rome ( dress classy like an Italian).

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Nenonen posted:

I think Denmark should have trolled Trump for a while and offered to trade it for Alaska or something equally impossible. Greenland for Ivanka maybe?

Ask for Hawaii and settle for Puerto Rico.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Get rid of all the boomers and stop travel, I know who I am suspecting as the culprit behind covid-19. Her name starts with Greta.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Glad Valborg, Hyvää Vappua!
Only time you ever get to use your old student cap is if you visit Finland this evening.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Didn't even know Denmark had minks. I know they killed off all their wild board due to being afraid of swine flu coming in from Poland.
Let's hope the farms have lovely insurance and have to close down for good.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
There is lots of hunting of seal on the down low in Sweden. Fishermen hate them and it's not super hard to get a license to shoot a few.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Well it's the national folkdräkt, local regions have their own typical one. I have an old pic of me in the masclothing of Tällberg/ Leksand ( the place to be for midsummer btw).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I'm a fan of Karl Bertil Jonsson.
I like the gengasaggregat cars they have in it.