Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Cardiac posted:

Eh, take a look at SCBs statistics and you will see that 2016 was just the tip and immigration was still high during the following years with a rate that is twice that of the early 2000. The current level is roughly where it was during the Yugoslavian war in the 90s.
You claimed we have unprecedented immigration. We don't. That was in 2016 as a result of the record number of asylum seekers in 2015.
What we actually have at an unprecedented scale, right now and getting worse, are vast numbers of globally displaced persons and refugees. Our current immigration levels are on par with those in the early 2000's despite the catastrophic state of the world — I'd say that reflects a fairly conservative (and quite frankly cold-hearted) immigration policy.

quote:

And based on BRÅ, addition of a young foreign born male population means crime goes up.
I can't find this BRÅ maths book for racist toddlers. Kindly source it.

quote:

As for deadly violence, you can hide a lot with averages, which is obvious for anyone that knows statistics.
I imagine your home is entirely window-less by now which must be a blessing in this weather.

quote:

Deadly violence of certain kinds have decreased due to better medication and better social norms. But shootings are up and affecting others, just as seen last week. And it is clearly related to immigration given who shoots. (But fed by the drug liberalisation of the middle class due to marijuana and other drugs)
Deadly violence has indeed steadily decreased while shootings, including fatal shootings, have increased. Not sure what you think is being hidden in the statistics.
Sweden tops the list of fatal shootings in Europe. But it's mostly isolated to intra- and intergang violence — young men in gangs are shooting other young men in gangs. It's hosed up and it's horrible. But as far as I know no-one's adequately mapped the factors that make the gang violence in Sweden more deadly than in the rest of Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Cardiac posted:

If you don't know what it is, you have some very basic catching up to do.
Not a fan of your schoolyard tactics. Show me the BRÅ study that says "addition of a young foreign born male population means crime goes up", because I honestly can't find it. Or acknowledge that this generalising assumption of yours is just that.

quote:

It is all a question about time scale as SCBs graphs show. Compared to 2015-2016, yes, it is lower, compared to 90-00, it is ~2x.
1 million immigrants in 20 years is still a number.
Yes, 1 million is still a number. So is 2 million, 42 000, 12 and -40. You stated something that, according to your own choice of source, is incorrect. But instead of admitting that you misread or misunderstood the graph, deliberately or otherwise, you keep moving the goalposts.

quote:

Which is a pulling factor to move where I live. There are a whole lot of parents moving out of Malmö once they hit 30 and gets kids.
Is this rate, relatively speaking, higher than in Gothenburg or Stockholm? I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm asking because you seem to enjoy brandishing Malmö as your pontificating-cudgel, but as far as I know our three major cities all show the same trend regarding out-migration of young families.

quote:

The underperformance is interesting given that schools in segregated areas gets twice the money of the richer districts, while still continuing to being worse.
Are you genuinely surprised that segregated schools, and I assume that you're referring to schools with students from predominantly low-income and/or low-education homes, "underperform" despite more money being thrown at them?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Beeswax posted:

Had spare time to went ahead and voted today. Let me tell any other Malmö goons - whenever you think Caroli can't get any bleaker, it outdoes itself
That's honestly terrifying.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Kastrup is pretty important for people living in southern Sweden.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

People fly too much anyway.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Cardiac posted:

I tend to view the posters in this thread as minority posters when it comes to political views.
Last figure for V among the male demographic between 30-45 was ~8-10%, which in comparison to S&M&SD is pitifully small.
Yeah, this thread and SA in general isn't representative of real-life political demographics. Internet communities rarely are.

Thank you for letting us know that you think that 8-10% is pitifully small in comparison to 70-80%. You really have a special way with numbers and I'm happy that you keep subjecting us to it.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Why. What was she debating that necessitated a falukorv in hand

I hate this election.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

At 95% votes counted it's one seat.

Edit: not that I'm looking forward to another 4 years of Centerpartiet dictating economic policies. Gods forbid that Vänsterpartiet are allowed to exercise their terrifying beliefs, like affordable dental care and higher pensions. Monsters, the lot of them.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Sep 12, 2022

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Cardiac posted:

It is rather interesting how V lost the radical vote among young people.
I have an idea why, it is called reality.
How did they lose something they never had? They've gone from 11% to 10% in the 18-21 bracket. What are you referring to?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Cardiac posted:

loving finally after 8 years of idiocy.
Take that you leftist fuckers in this echo chamber.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Go ahead and use your timeout to learn how to read graphs and statistics by the way, you cherry picking and goalpost-moving empty shell of a person.

I don't think that you seriously believe that loving Turbo and Jimmie are going to improve the lives of anyone except corporate cronies and the upper-and-above middle classes. You know, to the cost of everyone else, including future generations. Congratulations to your victory.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

His Divine Shadow posted:

Aren't A-kassan and Dental public services then? Cognitive dissonance much?
They're talking about SD's goal to dismantle/reshape Sweden's national public radio and TV: SR and SVT. They're collectively referred to as public service.

UR is also part of public service. I can't recall if SD has threatened anything specific to that.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

This requires far-reaching reforms. Perhaps Timbro can weigh in on the issue?

Edit: ^ I found his gloating to be in very poor taste but I don't see why he'd be removed as IK for it. Though to be fair I don't know what an IK is or does.

Also, consistently posting bad takes, misconstruing facts and being generally obtuse feels more like trolling than level-headedness, but that's just my opinion.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 17, 2022

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

A Buttery Pastry posted:

choosing to live
That's decidedly un-Swedish tbh.

And for a moment I forgot that we have a monarchy and an actual idiot king.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Sep 17, 2022

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I want a Finnish IK that refuses to use anything but their native tongue.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Thread IK should be determined by the tonnage of kebab with blandad sås one has eaten.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

cinci zoo sniper posted:

We’ll send all IK candidates to Tobo and see who can handle the most of the 79 kr pizza with raw egg.
Capital punishment is outlawed in Scandinavia.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/ekonomi/historiskt-hog-hyreshojning-kan-vanta

The landlords say they need to raise rents by 20-25% but out of the goodness of their hearts they'll settle for just 10%.

Vultures.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

They are entirely disconnected from what "existensminimum" entails. Disgusting.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Isn't/wasn't lower politicial salaries one of SD's goals? lol

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/stockholm/arvoden-norrtalje

Skip to -45 seconds for a truly magical awkward silence/brain shutdown.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 25, 2022

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Apparently the helis turned out to be kinda poo poo and now Försvarsmakten wants to buy new ones, from the US this time around. More bribery that goes unpunished is to be expected.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

lol. That is hilarious. Also, I had no idea that FMV could bypass the public procurement process.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I just read it and the main goal is a move towards a unified tax base, with a secondary goal of increasing the tax revenue by some tens of millions (a pittance). The effects analysis correctly points out that this change will force some repair shops out of business while indirectly having a negative environmental impact.

Looking forward to four years of stupid poo poo like this.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 7, 2022

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

teen witch posted:

Not necessarily a 1:1, but worth considering

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boots_theory

I have like, massive freak calves. Buying new boots is hell on earth (plus size anything is a pathetic joke here), and any pairs I do have, I try to repair, or have repaired, and hold onto for dear life. I can’t just keep tossing money for new boots - they don’t exist, and if they do, they’re wildly expensive and hideously dull.

This isn’t even going into the absolute horror that is fast fashion.
I feel ya. I have abnormally large/high feet and loving huge calves, and if I find a pair of comfortable anythings I'll hold on to them for dear life.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Glöm det, Janne. Det är semlastan.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

The happiest people on Earth!

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

The use of third parties sounds a lot like how Arbetsförmedlingen runs things nowadays.

My friend's been unemployed for a while. While she's highly educated and has a lot of experience in her field, it's one with meagre offerings at the moment. Meanwhile, her self-worth is gradually being eroded by the amount of obligatory "how to write a CV" and "the importance of personal hygiene" (not a joke) courses she's wasting waste her time and energy on.

I imagine that some people truly need help writing a CV. She doesn't. None of her many job coaches have even read her CV or her personal letters. Wouldn't make a difference, because the job coaches she's had have ranged from wildly unqualified to actively harmful to her efforts to find a decent job.

These third parties are not cheap. It's also a self-regulated system; Arbetsförmedlingen do not follow up on the efficacy of a third party, unless they get a flag that too many participants have required to switch to a different one (and most people don't know that they have the right to do so).

I don't know what Arbetsförmedlingen's function should be. It probably shouldn't be to waste tax money or grind down humans.

Edit: apologies to any job coaches in this thread. If one's around, I'd love to read your input on this.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 15, 2022

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

The decision has to be repeated by the next government as well, right? And meanwhile maybe there's time/opportunity to squeeze in a folkomröstning that the politicians can ignore.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Oh gently caress, yeah, I think you're right. Letting Erdogan dictate our constitutional laws, jfc

Edit: Found all of this very confusing, but so there's a bunch of changes to the constitutional laws that have now been enacted. The previous parliament voted in favor of these changes during spring and summer last year, and the new parliament did the same in November. http://193.11.1.138/sv/aktuellt/?cmskategori=ku,-,cu

And I had no idea about this, but if a measly tenth of the parliament insists on it, and then a third votes in favor of it, a folkomröstning can become a requirement of a grundlagsändring and the outcome of it will be binding.

Unsurprisingly, this democratic tool has never been utilized.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jan 5, 2023

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I find the automatic bread slicers in Norwegian stores fascinating. I see people put their loaf of bread in a bag, and then they take it out to insert it into the Machine, which then puts the sliced bread in another bag. The first bag is discarded.

Why would you pre-slice an entire loaf, making it become stale quicker, unless you had to?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

thotsky posted:

Just put it in the freezer and take out a slice or two a day for toasting.
The freezer is for storing en entire moose in, you buffoon.

teen witch posted:

You don’t make garlic bread? The machine saves you time, and it’s easier to have a bag of sliced baguette to shop with?

E: Team ICA, someday I’ll get that “en ICA basic bitch” shirt
It's ridiculous, but ICA doing their self-checkout differently from everyone else, i.e. swipe card before scanning instead of after, makes me so angry.

Edit: happy Runebergsdag to any Finns in here. Apparently your national skald ate a Runebergstårta every day, so I'm gonna try one now to see if it tastes like poetry.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 5, 2023

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Shoplifting is faster and more righteous.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

teen witch posted:

Everywhere except Hemköp does it that way? I never go to Willys but iirc they’re owned by the same company.

Shout-out to Lidl for having soft pretzels. Has anyone gone to that one weird Costco in Täby, do they have soft pretzels?
Really? I mostly shop at Hemköp and Coop, and the latter do the swipe-at-the-end as well. At least the Coops I frequent do.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

His Divine Shadow posted:

I like them, I bake my own. I got the original 19th century recipe but have never tried it.
Do you have a recipe for the ones you bake? Do you do the cylinder thing?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

1. Five
2. Four
3. Three
4. Two
5. One

imho

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Our three cats used to recognize the sounds of our shoes as we walked up to our apartment, and wait by the door to greet us with chirps and purrs. It wasn't a food thing, 'cause their bowls were always full. They liked to sleep with their heads nestled beneath your chin. I miss them terribly.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Center clearly superior to Plopp anyway. :colbert:

Concerning

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

The changes in 2019 to the Medbestämmandelagen (lol) made a whole bunch of stridsåtgärder olovliga. The changes basically made any strike that isn't about a kollektivavtal olovlig.

Olovlig is indeed not the same as illegal. But such instances can be taken to Arbetsdomstolen where the union or person(s) responsible for the olovlig strike may be found liable for damages.

Didn't Socialdemokraterna push through this new law? After it has been prepared by näringslivet.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

lol
Going off about "svenska modellen" decorum when they gutted the strike laws just a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Between inflation, overpriced food, extra rent hikes and decreased or even frozen wage increases, we all gotta chip in.
To build that guillotine.

I just wanna shoot myself. I'm looking for a rental apartment in Malmö. I've lived in a three-person collective on Möllan for about 12 years, where we've shared a 100 m² four-room apartment. The rent's unusually low because we've steadfastly refused any attempts from Heimstaden to "renovate" the place, and because we're annoying as gently caress about what should constitute "normalslitage".

The rent usually lands at around 9 500 SEK. I'm now looking at 1-room apartments at the same level of rent, or in some cases even higher. And so many of the old small property owners have disappeared — giants like Heimstaden have bought all their stock.

I guess I should be happy that we have any rental apartments left at all.