Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Baudolino posted:

This year it became possible to change your legal gender in Norway by request. No need to provide a reason. Just inform the population register and it`ll get done. I agree with that. It was not decent to demand people get castrated before they could change their legal gender.

But now we have to rethink out where and when gender should have legal consequences. In particular this applies to the various types of mild positive discimination to help women get into academia, the military and various male dominated professions. Do we tweak these policies so that you can only benefit from them if you were assigned "female" at birth? Do we require that you have to outwardly appear as a woman for a certain amount of time ( say 5 years for example). Or do we say gently caress it and hope for the best? Remove them completely because gender is a false construct that we are now offically over and done with?

I am sure there are other areas where your legal gender matters that will require a rethink now that anyone can have it changed.

I mean, this seems like a vanishingly small problem but should probably be monitored. Sounds like it should be 'wait and see if this actually becomes an issue'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I'm having a lot of 'fun' as a first time voter trying to work out wtf is going on. Moved to near karlskrona last year from England but am a Swedish citizen and all I know at this point is that I 10000% don't want to vote Sweden democrats and want to vote as non useless left as I can.

SVT's electoral quiz thing said for riksdag I was mostly social democrats and vänster but I could go for slightly more specific advice, especially for the local poo poo I don't have the first idea about since I'm here so recently

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

My first election in Sweden and I'm voting straight V :shobon: I hope you all have a good election week and at least vote not SD

Hälsningar

P.s what kind of Swedish nationalist goes by the name 'jimmie', seriously.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I do like the novel suggestion of 'how bout voting for and pushing the ideas you don't agree with'

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I'm voting V

My dad is voting center it seems mostly because they want to allow farmers to distill their own booze.

I mean , it's a better single issue to vote for than kick out the brown people I guess.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

That's a question I should have asked before now that I've moved to Sweden. Who owns the papers here anyway?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

No surprise there then, thanks

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

So what just happened in Finland? I heard government collapsed?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

The short version is that the PM didn't get his rightwing privatization hellscheme through Parliament so he basically ragequit on the spot lol.

This sounds like a good thing yay

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Local camping place is full this weekend and so is missionshuset. Grand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Hell, same