Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
It's pretty strange to have the biggest party be a minority party in a coalition...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
But does anyone really buy supporting a regering supported by SD isn't cooperating with SD? Just the statsministeromröstning will make it obvious won't it?

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
That's not how marginal taxes work, but I do know that Denmark is a huge cluster gently caress with taxes. Aren't they making another new revenue service?

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

Rust Martialis posted:

I made more after tax in Canada than in Denmark, even after getting 33% more in salary in DK. I know full well how marginal tax rates work, thanks. DK just has a much higher top bracket rate. Plus cost-of-living in DK is higher across the board, plus MOMS.

I am not complaining, I pay my taxes in the hope some goes to help those in need. I have more than enough.

Do you need me to post my skattekort or was that clear enough? :shucks:

Didn't get that the income post tax was in different countries, that makes more sense:doh:

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Also it would be a pretty huge gently caress you to a Riksdag who just voted Lövfen out to nominate him. They just voted that they didn't want him, so it makes the most sense to let some other people fail before giving him the chance.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
So, Uffe is not going to be statsminister. What's next, Löfven? I guess L or C could deal with him if Uffes brinkmanship pisses them of, but I doubt it.

4 more years like the ones we just had with DÖ-2? Since no one is going to cave it's either that or nyval, both of which is going to make Alliansen pretty foolish. Holy poo poo is S going to hammer ansvar

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
It's pretty funny that he thinks he can do a Reinfeldt, wasn't that SDs first term in the Riksdag? Also alliansen was still the largest block.

To be honest I don't understand why they deposed Löfven if they're not going to actively collaborate with SD. And I really don't think SD is going to settle for anything less than actual influence.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
But like how are they supposed to rule without the support of SD, they ate going to need them for every single vote. I really don't think this is what's meant when you call something a minoritetsregering

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Can someone make one of those douche guy memes were it says: deposes you as statsminister, asks for you to support him for statsminister

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
When I saw how the blue/brown block reacted on the election night it felt pretty sure that they were going to try for just ignoring reality and going with: it's our turn to rule now! Luckily that didn't work. But they don't keep insisting that is Steffe who should roll over and support them when the only logical thing I can see is either one of L and C replacing MP or just pure S.

Edit: MP must realise that it was a huge mistake to join the cabinet. And 4 years ago Steffe called Alliansens bluff giving us DÖ. They have to either embrace SD and rule with them or let S rule without "accidentally voting with SD" all the time and completely block the government from doing anything. He told them to stop or it's nyval and they did...

zokie fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 19, 2018

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Does Steffe need any yes votes from Alliansen or are abstentions enough? Because now I'm starting to believe that C & L are hard no on SD. Then again maybe Steffe can ruin another party buy having it as a minority member of his regering. Otherwise my guess is nyval, but last time we got DÖ instead...

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Does MP not understand how bad it was for them to be in regeringen? They couldn't even stop the sale of Vattenfalls coal plants. And I don't think I can name a single thing that they accomplished in the last 4 years.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
I think Steffe is just trying to show how reasonable and responsible he is being and making sure that the narrative is Lööf saying no and killing any deal. I also think that is why L is reluctant to say that they also are out.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
So Janne & Annie are OK with politics that are dependent on SD but not a statsminister/regering? Can Steffe refuse to get voted on? Because he should, obviously C&L have changed their minds. And letting them vote no to him again only gives them cover to say: "Well, we have to have a statsminister"

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Looking forward to seeing Alliansen coming up with a coherent regeringsförslag.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

Dirk Pitt posted:

C seeing that poll has to have them concerned about nyval. I expect them to about face and cozy up to Uffe and SD.

Or rather start acting reasonable, Annie is not going to be statsminister no matter how much she wants it. She needs to realise that she became a media darling because they needed a face for Alliansen when they went after Batra-bot

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Looking at what their voters want Janne should cave first, but he promised his kid(s?) not to and as a fellow dad I'm going to have to hope he keeps that promise.

The choice they have is to either join Uffe, which I don't think is very likely, or abstain like with the budget and then keep on abstaining. But that's completely abdicating posts as riksdagsmän, and should lead to an absolute slaughter in 4 years.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Accenture is going to get another contract like when they scammed the UK for millions of £ and only delivered a handful of soldiers, or when they scammed the USA for millions of $ for 3 dozen border agents.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

von Braun posted:

Platsbanken and the sorts are also filled with rekryteringsfirmor which I despise. The last interview I had with them the interviewer told me I should wear a suit to look more ”interested” in the job or whatever. A dresscode was not included in the ad.

But was it an office job?

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

MiddleOne posted:

You don't wear suits to the office in Sweden in most professions.

Yeah, but it's not that uncommon to interview for a job in an office wearing one. And I'm just thinking maybe, if someone suggests something to help you get a job they are doing it to help. Not to gently caress you over.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
I'm an IT consultant, but don't wear a suit myself. But it's still quite common at clients I interact with, especially once you get into middle management positions or more senior positions (or persons).

I'm not trying to say that you must wear one when interviewing, but if it's for a white collar job it won't hurt. My main point is just that the jobs counsellor was probably just trying to help.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Or you could just be nice and communicative and tell them you don't have one, and either that will be just fine or that you should try to work something out.

You'll never look out of place wearing a suit in a white collar environment, and suggesting a job applicant wear one isn't out of place either. Piling scorn someone trying to help you is out of place and so is calling someone a loving weirdo for pointing that out.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
You are missing the obvious, once someone old has a fall and a major fracture their life expectancy plummets. M just like other conservatives are a death cult

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
IT is really fuckin bad, and from reading the article I think this happened because the people making the call centre software didn't think that the calls could contain sensitive information. And then they went ahead and sold it to someone handling sensitive information.

I've pointed out extreme security breaches to clients who have shrugged their shoulders. In some cases they know and want it to be that way, because the lack of security allows them to do something easy and convenient. Luckily it's never been putting people in risk, only themselves

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Subcontractor of a subcontractor

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
I don't know about that, but what it did is introduce actual consequences which the directive PuL came from did not.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

Retarded Goatee posted:

Don't forget to swisha your local hamnarbetare - it's good, folks.

They won! I'm so loving happy right now!!!

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
He was arrested because Ecuador decided to kick him out. Once that happened he was going to get arrested for something, not just ride away into the sunset.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

Rutkowski posted:

You don't.

I cast my last ballot last year and unless things radically change there's really no option for leftists anymore after V bent over and refused to no-confidence the government when the strike laws were put in action.

The vote for that isn't until tbe 18th of June

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
I think the main problem is people not understanding what the Landsting does. And not voting V of course...

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

McCloud posted:

So uh....what the hell, Denmark?

Reminds me of a book I read based on the diaries of a german soldier on the ostfront, he encounters a SS soldier from the sonderkommando. And over cigarettes the SS-man tells him about how they had ~1500 Jews and other dig a giant trench for several days. Then told them to line up, a couple hundred at the time by the edge. When mowed down with a machine gun, they fall down into the trench. The next batch called up have to climb down and re-arrange the bodies for space before climbing up for their turn on the edge.

In closing the SS-man tells him that it's good to mix in children in each batch, to fill up tricky spaces.

When someone goes: But, Stalin! I tell them this story

zokie fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 4, 2019

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
There is also the cost of purchasing something as an organization to consider.

An expense report needs to be made, that has to get approved &c. And the time to do this costs money. If something needs to be payed by invoice it might be a new supplier and that needs to be registered.

Don't underestimate the cost, complexities, and inefficiencies of corporate bureaucracy!

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Basically Janne Josefsson is a huge gubbslem and a gamersgater

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
And then there was the time he ambushed Peter Sunde with the father of the murdered children in the case where the prosecutor/court didn't censor/classify the pictures of dead children from the FÖP. Someone uploaded it to TPB and it wouldn't have been a thing outside of Flashback if the news hadn't made a huge thing of it.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

Katt posted:

Emil i Lönneberga.

Astrid Lindgren paints a pretty (dreadful) image of how poor pensioners where treated.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
I don't watch TV anymore but if UG is doing TERF stuff then I'm not suprised. Because if you add righteous concern trolling with bigotry, transphobia is what you end up with.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
I guess I wasn't thinking, to me TERFism had become synonymous with transphobia. Specifically the "think of the children/lesbians'"-concern trolling. Other bigots tend to be more blatant in my experience

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
It really sucks that genocide is back, not that it really left but still

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
I LOLed when the news had this quote

quote:

Barn smittar inte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Bard has no ability for empathy, he’s a cold blooded lizard. It’s been his thing forever, but he usually avoids being completely tonedeaf.

I will always cherish how he in a debate panel during Pride with EBT responded to her argument: “we don’t hate homosexuality, but why do they have to be so flamboyant hand have parades and stuff??”
with standing up and started screaming: gently caress YOU! gently caress YOU!

Which ironically is my response to his recent embarrassment of a tweet