Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I was born in 1980, so 36 now almost 37.

Paralegal by 21 (2001) and worked continuously as a paralegal until 2008.

Attorney by 28 (2008). Moved out of my moms place finally then to a cool beach apartment.

Worked in 2 law firms, 2009 - 2013 & 2013 - 2016. Still lived in apartment.

In 2016, I was disliking my boss/working for others, my landlord gave me a 60 day notice to renovate my beach apartment and re-rent for higher.

I decided to start my own firm and move back home with my mom, reduce my expenses, until I had good receivables. Been a year, as it takes about a year i.e. I'm getting paid on work I did 9-12 months ago. Much happier, almost matching my old income with receivables now, and it will surpass and maybe double soon. Gf stuck with me and we are looking to move out.

Oh I also had a really nasty run in with skin cancer in late 2016 as I was opening my office. Two surgeries on my face, loss of eyelid function for one eye bc nerve damage, and horrible radiation treatments. So, that set me back some. I am likely clean now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

Try living around San Francisco, DC, or NYC.
Yeah sometimes you just gotta say that some cities are reserved for the wealthy or those that have really well paying jobs.

There's plenty of other nice places than these cities.

• Locked thread