Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I guess I'm a 'goon' because I'm posting here after all, but my 'goonish nerd' period ended when I went to college. I supposed I kind of just slid into my current status by circumstance and inevitability. When I went to college I wanted to become a journalist, but after two years I/my parents couldn't afford the tuition so I took a couple years off and worked as an apprentice tile-setter. you know, ceramic, natural stone, vinyl, that kind of poo poo. I did well at that job, but it wasn't really for me. My family has had a farm that has been in the family for several generations. It used to belong to my great-uncle. He died several years ago and it passed to my branch of the family. My dad got cancer around the same time and had to retire from his job (physical therapist), so I ended up with the farm....I had nothing else warming up in the bullpen, and farming seemed interesting, I had worked on the farm off and on throughout my childhood and teenage years, so I had some familiarity with it, so why not?

Since then I have extensively refurbished and revamped this farm, and we turn a decent profit. The work is very hard and often frustrating. I do a good job at it though I say it myself, but it really is not satisfying to me. I'm actually quite the malcontent and have a budding functional alcoholism. I have no real idea what I want to do or what my calling is and will probably end up drinking myself to death and the cops will confirm I'm dead when they find my teeth and fingernails after my pigs poo poo them out (because they ate my corpse).

But yeah, it keeps a roof over my head and booze in my glass. Also, my parents live with me, not the other way around, because they can't live on their own and I'm never loving putting them in a nursing home, ever, and I certainly have enough room in my house to spare.

Zippy the Bummer fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread