Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
You got be lucky or all your efforts will be for nothing. No one can control their luck.
But we can control how hard we work to exploit whatever chanches life throws at us. We can all use our intellect and gut Instincts to determine which life path is most productive.
So luck is absolutely necessary, but it is not enough. Furthermore we can all adjust our desires to the world we live in. The Earth is dying, and i do not have much hope for human civilization beyond this century. Perhaps it will start to unravel in my own lifetime. To have a few good decades with a full belly, a moderate measure of comfort, plenty of wine and entertaining distractions is not such bad life ambition in ligth of this.

I assumed i would enjoy working with legal matters and it seemed like relativly marketable skill. Well it was hard to get a relevant job but i did in the end. I applied everywhere for every possible job offer.
Plus i did some really poo poo jobs just to sustain myself while living with my folks. Now i have a job that is honestly very easy and extremely well paid for the effort ( but really just average inn absolute terms). Yes my problem With work is that i have too little to do and requires too little effort. This is the very definition of a luxury problem. Have i any rigth to want more?

I am content with my small rented flat. I have come to tolerate living far away from all relatives and friends, in truth i never needed them that much emotionally.
As long as i have a PC, internet and alcohol in the weekends i will never be bored. With my job i shall be able to maintain this lifestyle and improve upon it later by buying a apartment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread