Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

I lived with my parents on and off for a few years after college, and just moved out again recently after getting a job and saving up enough money for about ~5 months of expenses. I just quit my job because my lovely boss (also a millennial!) and have been going through a bit of an emotional roller coaster that hits on posts all through the thread.

My general advice is that life is not a race or competition, despite everything and everyone telling you otherwise. There is no 'track' - you don't have to be making X amount of money, own a house, have a certain degree, or be married by a certain age. Don't compare yourself and your life to other people, because their life isn't yours. It's especially important not to judge your internal feelings about yourself based on their outwards appearances (this is hard with social media, but remember social media is a carefully curate illusion made to make you feel bad and click on ads to buy stuff).

My more specific advice is to actively cultivate a network of people in your community you can reach out to. Build your social capital. It's hard work and can be annoying, disheartening and expensive, but having good people in your life is really the best and most important thing. I know this is hard in less populated areas or for people who aren't terribly good at socializing or have lovely family members, but there are resources out there that can offer better advice than me on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread