Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
While i'm not there yet. I believe i'm on the path.

Finished high school in 09. was working in retail from 08-10. I was working out regularly and managed to finish a half marathon. Due to various stuff happening at the same thing. I dropped out of college in 2010 and got fired. I got depressed and spent a whole year doing nothing but playing video games and watching anime at my parents home, stopped working out and I got fat.
My uncle then got me a job as a dishwasher which got me to socialize a bit again and got promoted to cook in the same year. The following year, I decided that I can't keep this up. Went back to school. Graduated in 2015 with a degree in IT. Got a job in the same company where I interned at. Learnt a lot there and spent my time studying for IT certs and that has landed me another job that's paying well. I'm 24. Have 10K saved up. Thought about buying a house. I was planning on starting to work out earlier. The move to the new job took my attention away. and i'm now starting to work out again. So i'm working on becoming fit again so that I may complete a full marathon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

N. Senada posted:

Hey Sefal, I'm very glad for your successes and hope you learn from your missteps. I'm going to share something with you that might be a controversial opinion but Do Not Buy A House. That's a huge investment that will tie you to a location. Rent until you are on better footing. 10k saved up is super great tho and you're doing better than a lot of Americans.

Thank you. I appreciate the advice. I should have elaborated. I asked some dutch goons on here for some advice on buying a house and they talked me out of it. So now i'm just saving up money and working.

• Locked thread