Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

GORDON posted:

Remove the ability to pay for college on loans, and watch the cost of a college degree drop like a stone.

Maybe if by "eliminate student loans" what you really mean is "restore government funding"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

GORDON posted:

If you think continuing to give their customers unlimited resources is the way to keep colleges from keeping their prices high, then sure. I'm glad I took Econ 111 before it got too expensive, though, so I don't think it works that way.

Check out the correlation between cost of a college education, and the advent of student loans, sometime.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cos...chrome&ie=UTF-8

the first result on that search directly contradicts your original post :ssh:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
one of my relatives likes to smoke weed
ergo everyone born after 1975 (except me) is lazy

• Locked thread