Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Imaduck posted:

Oooh, :iceburn:.

But see, I'm comfortable with the "not being a dick part." It's the "fraudulently taking resources from social programs because I'd rather get high all day than work" part that doesn't really jive with my worldview. You're the one that justifies people like Mike Pence; I say I support social programs for people in need, and they point to someone like you and say it's easy to commit fraud and we're catering to a bunch of able-bodied drug addicts that just want to take money from them without working.

Since it fits the theme of the thread, I'll throw out there that while all this stuff is cute and fun when you're young and healthy, it gets a hell of a lot less cute when you're a sick old man and nobody wants to give you free rides, free places to crash, pocket change, or even look you in the eye anymore. Hospitals will do the bare minimum to keep you alive and then kick your rear end out the door to deal with your chronic health conditions on the streets.

But I'm sure you'll say "I know old folks who do it" or "the world will take care of me" or "whatever happens, happens" or whatever other bullshit to make yourself feel like you're on the right path and you've figured it all out. The truth is that even though you've lived broke and homeless, you've never truly been distressed or in the poo poo. Otherwise you'd take things like losing your free meals a little loving more seriously.

By the way, you're about 1% as interesting as you think you are.

It would actually be cheaper to directly kill people who fall out of the employment market for an extended period of time than just denying them benefits and hoping they starve to death, so your beliefs are obviously based more on your desire to torture people than even some murderous technocrat's yearning to kill the "useless" people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Imaduck posted:

Look, I'm all for guaranteed minimum income and universal healthcare, and if we had those things I'd all be for people living the art lifestyle if that's what they want to do... but as it stands we're a long way off from both of those things in this country. In the meantime, this dude is choosing to take abuse what limited resources we have, taking them away from other people who need them and don't have a choice in the matter, and he's encouraging others to follow in his footsteps.

And I do agree that at the very least, dude should talk to a professional just to talk through things and make sure he's all good.

"Take abuse"? Been a long time since Business English, huh?

• Locked thread