Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

There was time in my life were I paid for my haircuts in change I found under my parents couch. They didn't have any money either.

While it's not worst circumstance in the world I decided that I didn't care to live like that. A decade later I'm now another peon at a generic Fortune 500 Company in my own trendy downtown apartment. I'm in total agreement that millennials were codded way too much from "helicopter parents" but on the flip side the world isn't what it was decades ago especially for baby boomers were you could nearly always find a decent paying job with an affordable home no matter your profession.

If I had a son or daughter that was failing to launch I'd kick them out of the house but if we lived in San Francisco Or New York I might think twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Repeating what another poster wrote, it's managing expectations.

It's okay to peruse a liberal arts degree and you should follow your dreams however be aware you probably won't get far with just a bachelors. Hell, even if you manage to get your PhD don't expect wealth, fame or even employment but turn back the clock a few decades this wasn't necessarily the case. You could work a bookstore, clerk or what have you and still get by but that's as true as it was which I think many baby-boomers have failed to understand.

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 5, 2016

• Locked thread