Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The OUYA port for Lemmings didn't include digger or floater lemmings and if a lemming stepped in a trap the game would crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I like how wiiu first party games are still full price even some from drat near launch.

Its a dead system lol

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Iron Crowned posted:

I dunno, GTA4 was just pretty dull as a whole IMO.

...when a game series which started off life as a pedestrian murder simulator fails to be entertaining when you murder pedestrians with your car, you know they hosed up. All I really remember from that game was the cars handled like trash and characters loving phoning you up every 5 minutes.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lisa seems good but its hard and very depressing

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Momodora III is so bland you forget you're playing it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

I like how wiiu first party games are still full price even some from drat near launch.

Its a dead system lol

Nintendo games are like that, it's ridiculous.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Space Tits point and click adventure game plays like it was a vanity project programmed by someone who knows nothing about coding or game design or pixel art. There is only one screen and most commands cause the game to force quit.
0/10 stars. I hate this game and I'm the one who created it. Also I'm the only customer.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Applewhite posted:

The Space Tits point and click adventure game plays like it was a vanity project programmed by someone who knows nothing about coding or game design or pixel art. There is only one screen and most commands cause the game to force quit.
0/10 stars. I hate this game and I'm the one who created it. Also I'm the only customer.

I need to know more about this game, as I like both Tits and Space

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

I need to know more about this game, as I like both Tits and Space

It's just a videogame adaptation of http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721418 in pixel art style.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
What happened to your MSPaint thread about the realdoll with the anal plug recharger?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Applewhite posted:

Concentration Camp Tycoon was even more offensive than it sounds and I could never last more than two fiscal years without cheat codes anyway.

That game actually exists, you got 0wn3d

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

What happened to your MSPaint thread about the realdoll with the anal plug recharger?

I have it bookmarked but my art time is so limited I didn't want to bring it back until I could update it at least once a day. I figured people would get impatient if I only did one update a week.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

I have it bookmarked but my art time is so limited I didn't want to bring it back until I could update it at least once a day. I figured people would get impatient if I only did one update a week.

I wouldn't worry too much there's always gelbooru if people get impatient

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Big Smoke's Crack Fortress

Uncle Wemus posted:

Lisa seems good but its hard and very depressing

Lisa is a very good and amazing game but it's so technically flawed from beign made in RPG Maker it somewhat brings down the experience as a whole

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

wizards and warriors 3: visions of power was awesome and metal as poo poo, but wizards and warriors 2: ironsword was super poo poo and astoundingly punishing

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

bitmap posted:

wizards and warriors 3: visions of power was awesome and metal as poo poo, but wizards and warriors 2: ironsword was super poo poo and astoundingly punishing

is that the one with fabio on the cover

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Parallax Scroll posted:

is that the one with fabio on the cover

yep

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bitmap posted:

yeah agreed! wizards and warriors 1 could be a little annoying at parts, but number two was just a loving chore. i never bothered getting past the stupid first mountain level, its 10x more frustrating than the forest level in W&W1

thank you, i have wanted to make that rant for 20 years!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Rutibex posted:

yeah agreed! wizards and warriors 1 could be a little annoying at parts, but number two was just a loving chore. i never bothered getting past the stupid first mountain level, its 10x more frustrating than the forest level in W&W1

thank you, i have wanted to make that rant for 20 years!

and when you FINALLY stumble through the whole loving mess hoping that in your palsied springing around awful hitbox platforms enemies just fall on your sword that you hold forward like the hilt is attached to your gut, you get this splendid narrative ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p80BHp3qfAs&t=2609s

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Dragon oooh
Bear huh??
Bird uhhh
Frog wtf

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
There's a simulation game on Steam where you can pretend you are Youtuber. You can play a game simulating someone who is talking on youtube about playing games. It's like a millennial snake crawling up it's own rear end in a top hat.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

natetimm posted:

There's a simulation game on Steam where you can pretend you are Youtuber. You can play a game simulating someone who is talking on youtube about playing games. It's like a millennial snake crawling up it's own rear end in a top hat.

And of course there's people streaming this game. It's like using that ouroboros as a cock ring.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Does anyone remember the game Space Reavers III for the Sega Genesis? It's a top-down grid-based strategy game where you played the Captain of the last starship the Federation put out. It was pretty okay, except that because of the ratings system that was in use in the mid-90s they had to tone the violence WAY down. So literally every combat option was to try to make peace with whatever enemy you were fighting. Since the programmers had put this in originally, there was code in there to handle it. Unfortunately, it was always treated as a joke option and trying to make peace would inevitably destroy your ship and crew. Because they had to remove the combat options later, after they realized they wouldn't be able to sell the game at Blockbuster, they never had a chance to change that. So you'd always just die during the first battle.

The weirdest part was that there was a Space Reavers I but not a II. Maybe II was Japanese-only?

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

bitmap posted:

is undertale actually poo poo or are you all just being cranky. I come off a huge contract in two weeks and I wanna play some games.

The game is inspired heavily by earthbound. It captures the charming writing and characters aspect of earthbound really well but lacks any depth to its gameplay and is a very ugly game. It also lacks the size that earthbound had, you can blow through it in no time even if you talk to everyone.
The writing is also a bit too touchy feely as well and that turns some people away. I bought the game because I enjoyed earthbound but undertale fell short for me. The writing is good but not quite my kinda thing and the game has little to offer past the writing.

I would suggest LISA instead. The gameplay is closer to earthbound and it is at least three times the length of undertale. The writing is a rollercoaster of tragedy and comedy with some of the best dark humor I have ever seen. The game had me laughing at dead kids and suicides, I love it. Music is good too.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

bitmap posted:

DIG bonding plant with KNIFE
I got this. :hifive:

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 7, 2016

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

The Skeleton King posted:

The game is inspired heavily by earthbound. It captures the charming writing and characters aspect of earthbound really well but lacks any depth to its gameplay and is a very ugly game. It also lacks the size that earthbound had, you can blow through it in no time even if you talk to everyone.
The writing is also a bit too touchy feely as well and that turns some people away. I bought the game because I enjoyed earthbound but undertale fell short for me. The writing is good but not quite my kinda thing and the game has little to offer past the writing.

I would suggest LISA instead. The gameplay is closer to earthbound and it is at least three times the length of undertale. The writing is a rollercoaster of tragedy and comedy with some of the best dark humor I have ever seen. The game had me laughing at dead kids and suicides, I love it. Music is good too.

I liked Undertale but LISA had me laughing much harder

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

I liked Undertale but LISA had me laughing much harder
i bought LISA on the recommendation from the Steam Summer Sale thread and the general consensus was "you will want to crawl into a ball and cry while playing", so i'm not really sure who to trust here

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

The Skeleton King posted:

Red faction: armageddon.

I returned it after 2 hours. gently caress that game.

The best part of this game was the mini unicorn that shoots a rainbow death ray out of its rear end that you got to use as a weapon.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Applewhite posted:

The OUYA port for Lemmings didn't include digger or floater lemmings and if a lemming stepped in a trap the game would crash.

ouyaaa no diggers

-hulk hogan

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

symbolic posted:

i bought LISA on the recommendation from the Steam Summer Sale thread and the general consensus was "you will want to crawl into a ball and cry while playing", so i'm not really sure who to trust here

its really funny but it does get super loving dark, like one of the darkest games ever

which makes the moments where you're doing post-apocalyptic WWE wrestling that much better

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

symbolic posted:

The game is very brutal in its treatment of characters and can often come across as unfair, because life (especially yours) is unfair. It's also absurd enough to get some chuckles. I'd recommend it to anyone who sort of liked undertale but thought it could stand to be a little less up its own rear end.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
apparently pre-patch the permadeaths were much more prevalent, now they rarely happen and that kind of takes away a bit from the message

dont savescum

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Undertale is to Saturday morning cartoons what Lisa is to MTV's Liquid Television.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

its really funny but it does get super loving dark, like one of the darkest games ever

which makes the moments where you're doing post-apocalyptic WWE wrestling that much better

paco650 posted:

The game is very brutal in its treatment of characters and can often come across as unfair, because life (especially yours) is unfair. It's also absurd enough to get some chuckles. I'd recommend it to anyone who sort of liked undertale but thought it could stand to be a little less up its own rear end.
that's pretty cool how much of a dichotomy there is with the tone, though i've never really liked the trope of "character whose life just always sucks". maybe LISA can change my mind about that.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i once read a lifechanigng story, it was called Sans and Papyrus Smoke Weed

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
did anyone say 'looks like the op just wasted another ten bucks!!' yet??

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

extra stout posted:

did anyone say 'looks like the op just wasted another ten bucks!!' yet??

nooner is immortal

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Alan Wake was a bad game, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Zorodius posted:

Alan Wake was a bad game, right?

oh i loved it

• Locked thread