Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
About 15 years ago I took an old roll of garden hose out of the garage on my shoulder and walked it down to the curb for the garbagemen to collect and I was wearing a black shirt. I walked back into the house and sat on the couch and was watching TV for about for about 20+ minutes when a tickle on the side of my neck made me reflexively bring my hand up which resulted in me knocking the black widow that caused the tickled onto the floor right in front of me. I immediately hit the roof like a cartoon character. That motherfucker must have been in the hose and was sitting there on my shoulder that whole time on the couch watching TV with me until it must have got bored with the show and decided to transit across my neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
just because one or two species of spiders have venom which can be either fatal or cause horrible complications (if left totally untreated for a long period of time) we're going to judge all spiders :rolleyes:

if we outlaw spiders all spiders will be outlaws, and will thus possess guns when we ban guns; think about that

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Where I live right now is a lower unit and there are so many spiders. At least one every couple of days - luckily I am moving soon to a 14th floor apartment where things should be better.

The worst are these small, but loving thick as poo poo red spiders. They're so goddamn meaty.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

more!!! more!

Aug 4, 2010

i hardly ever see spiders

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I let funnel web spiders (American, not those loving AU things) live on my front porch. Sometimes they get really big and we give them names. I like them because they mind their loving business, eat bugs and retreat in their funnel if you get too close. Best spiders ever.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Millie posted:

I let funnel web spiders (American, not those loving AU things) live on my front porch. Sometimes they get really big and we give them names. I like them because they mind their loving business, eat bugs and retreat in their funnel if you get too close. Best spiders ever.

Is one of them named "Steve?" I would name one of them "Steve" because I think that's a funny name for a spider.

Hey, OP, camel spiders, bro:

Sleep tight, boss.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
garbage misnamed scorpions who don't even tail

a shameful arachnid

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Nooner posted:

Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
Huh huh huh hu-uh huh

So true funny how it seems
Always in time, but never in line for dreams
Head over heels when toe to toe
This is the sound of my soul,
This is the sound
I bought a ticket to the world,
But now I've come back again
Why do I find it hard to write the next line?
Oh I want the truth to be said

Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true
Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true

With a thrill in my head and a pill on my tongue
Dissolve the nerves that have just begun
Listening to Marvin (all night long)
This is the sound of my soul,
This is the sound
Always slipping from my hands,
Sand's a time of its own
Take your seaside arms and write the next line
Oh I want the truth to be known

Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true
Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true

I bought a ticket to the world,
But now I've come back again
Why do I find it hard to write the next line?
Oh I want the truth to be said

Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true
Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true

This much is true

This much is true
This much is true
I know, I know, I know this much is true
This much is true
This much is true
This much is true (huh huh)
This much is true
I know this much is true
This much is true (I know this much is true)
This much is true (I know this much is true)
I know, I know, I know this much is true

I was about to vomit because spiders and spider thoughts make me want to vomit, but then Nooner posted my favorite song. Thanks, Nooner. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
got a Shower Spider today

AHHHH you're not hanging out in the corner eating bugs at all you're giving me the Shower Spider

how could you do this to me, the guy who did not murder you for like 2 weeks

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

psychokitty posted:

I was about to vomit because spiders and spider thoughts make me want to vomit, but then Nooner posted my favorite song. Thanks, Nooner. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

the fact shine thinks he is a bad poster tells me everything I need to know about shine

I'd sooner have a whole mess of spiders in my medicine cabinets

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

notZaar posted:

I live in a cold peace with my 200 spider roommates, although the only bug they don't eat are the ants those are what is actually pissing me off.

When I lived near the equator I discovered the a-bomb for ants. Get a gecko. Get three geckos. Let those dudes free range around the house and you won't have spiders or ants anymore. Plus they're quiet and adorable.

Robot Pride posted:

Is one of them named "Steve?" I would name one of them "Steve" because I think that's a funny name for a spider.

Sleep tight, boss.

These guys are gross but they mostly stay to themselves at least. Can they even really climb? I just made sure my blanket didn't touch the ground at night so they couldn't get in the bed and cuddle up with me. I tried hitting one with a fire axe one time but it escaped under a hut when I was getting the axe out of my truck so I got cockblocked :(

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Wild T posted:

These guys are gross but they mostly stay to themselves at least. Can they even really climb? I just made sure my blanket didn't touch the ground at night so they couldn't get in the bed and cuddle up with me. I tried hitting one with a fire axe one time but it escaped under a hut when I was getting the axe out of my truck so I got cockblocked :(

Gettin a little wild there wild T

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Robot Pride posted:

Sleep tight, boss.

Solfugae are arachnids but are neither spiders nor scorpions. They don't have venom, just bigass teeth. Like most living things they'll bite you if you poke them enough, but for the most part they are quiet and well behaved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccvn2dYTWDs

:3:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

The Protagonist posted:

garbage misnamed scorpions who don't even tail

a shameful arachnid

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Didn't read a single post but gently caress op in his scared little rear end. Enjoy zika botch

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 28, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Replace all the spiders with much cooler and significantly less venomous and terrifying mantises imo

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i want to GE a mantis with spiderfangs for claw spines

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Aralan posted:

Replace all the spiders with much cooler and significantly less venomous and terrifying mantises imo

mantises would sting and eat the poo poo out of you if they could

brb going to genetically engineer the spider mantis

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The Protagonist posted:

i want to GE a mantis with spiderfangs for claw spines

you son of a bitch

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

mantises would sting and eat the poo poo out of you if they could

brb going to genetically engineer the spider mantis

Mantises are cool and chill and don't piss gross webs all over the place, they just like to hang out and rip lesser insects to bits, genetically engineer me a mantis the size of a small dog so I can put it on a leash and walk it around please

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Wild T posted:

When I lived near the equator I discovered the a-bomb for ants. Get a gecko. Get three geckos. Let those dudes free range around the house and you won't have spiders or ants anymore. Plus they're quiet and adorable.

When I lived on Sri Lanka we had geckos all around they house, I loved those goofy fuckers

I actually never saw many spiders around the house now that I think about it, the geckos had no chance against the death swarms of fire ants though

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Son of Rodney posted:

When I lived on Sri Lanka we had geckos all around they house, I loved those goofy fuckers

I actually never saw many spiders around the house now that I think about it, the geckos had no chance against the death swarms of fire ants though

it's time to go loving nuclear on the fire ant menace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGJ2jMZ-gaI

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Zorodius posted:

every person eats 7 spiders each year, mostly during sleep. I find it easier to just get them out of the way all at once, and eat my seven on New Year's, and wash 'em down with a big glass of Tang (I don't drink).

that's jsut me driving up the average by eating 49 billion spiders sorry for your tang

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

oh while we're on the topic of spiders, the spiders I did saw were jumping spiders, and they owned bones

They managed to jump at prey while on the ceiling, it was like they reversed gravity and loving awesome

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

nice, they deserve it. They got me the very first day I arrived on the island when running around barefoot in a garden like an idiot

we also had a couple of weaver ant nests in the trees, they looked like this

Once my dad knocked one down with a rake and I swear he was running away at full speed from the swarm that came after him and they almost got him

During monsoon season I'd sometimes sit on the porch and see one of their retard bitch nests float past in the rain, oh how I laughed

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I want some of those to put outside of my house as a warning to the other ants.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Son of Rodney posted:

:whatup: geckbro

There was always this big line of ants in the bar shitter going from a crack in the wall down to the trash can filled with empty cups and beer. Every time I walked in there would be two or three fat, lazy geckos just standing next to it chowing down on every tenth or so ant.

I always wonder how drunk those ants and geckos were getting from living in an alcohol-based ecosystem.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
When I was a teenager I got bit by a brown recluse in my sleep and I ended up with a big ol' completely numb black bump on my lower back that took like a loving year to completely go away.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
I knew a girl at work that got bit on the cheek by a brown recluse while sleeping. It looked like a huge black eye you'd get from being smashed by an mma fighter. loving crazy looking

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely
When I lived in Hawaii, everybody had geckos in their apartments, fighting the good fight against bugs whether you wanted them to or not. They did the spiders' job for them, and then chased down the spiders too. Having half the legs and a quarter of the eyes, geckos are also cuter than spiders.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Thank you for this. I've been watching aluminum castings of anthills for the last hour.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Spiders are good and they eat pests.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Gamer With Dignity posted:

Spiders are good and they eat pests.

so do geckos n poo poo and they are WAY cooler looking. DEATH TO ALL SPIDERS

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Geckos are little retards, same with all reptiles.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Geckos and Spiders are a+

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Last summer I had a dry toilet(you poop in box, with ventilation etc and then dig it down). Flies kept laying eggs in my poop, and then I had a lot o flies. So I just stopped killing/throwing out spiders and let those mf's go to town on the army of flies. We became best friends and lived happily ever after. (Until I moved out)

Tl:dr: Dont be a pussy, spiders
are nice and kills annoying flies. They are also cute and dumb.

naem
May 29, 2011

Zombiepop posted:

Last summer I had a dry toilet(you poop in box, with ventilation etc and then dig it down). Flies kept laying eggs in my poop, and then I had a lot o flies. So I just stopped killing/throwing out spiders and let those mf's go to town on the army of flies. We became best friends and lived happily ever after. (Until I moved out)

Tl:dr: Dont be a pussy, spiders
are nice and kills annoying flies. They are also cute and dumb.

Like a catbox?

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Geckos and spiders shouldn't really be at odds, dumb geckos eating their only allies in the war against bugs. Why don't they just make sure spiders get the flying ones, and geckos get the non-flying ones? Stupid animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Spiders are dumb little pussies.

Wasps are the only thing that scare me. I disturbed a nest of hell cunts once when I was mowing and they rounded up all their bros and hosed ME UP. Got in my god drat pants and stung the poo poo out of my repeatedly. I took those bitches off and ran to the house nude, dong flopping around in the wind. Got inside and one was still in my shirt butt loving my man tits. I threw it off and he tried to fly away but I murdered him and decapitated his corpse and posted it on facebook.

I couldn't find the picture but here is my dog fielding a work call I found instead.

edit: I found it...

Dave_Indeed fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 30, 2016

• Locked thread