Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Breitbart.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Bill Gates is trying hard to make the world a better place, and he is helping to prevent the deaths of many children through his funding of vaccinations.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

logikv9 posted:

Hello Thread, I am here with a extremely limited time Very Cool Gift that you must act on ASAP!

What is it? I am talking of course about the tag to end all tags, the terror of the NRA.... various animals. But not just various animals, but animals with attitude.

If you want it, you have to do three things. If you gently caress up on any of those things I will laugh at you!

1. Quote this post
2. Write a post under that quote about what you would do with an Army of Aggressive Animals
3. Do this within 24 hours of this post!

If you do all three of these things, the tag will find a new home under your avatar (or username, if you are a filthy poor).

Why 24 hours? Because I am Extremely Busy and I don't feel like stalking the thread for eons to see who wants the tag! So get it now! But don't fret, if you lose out on this exclusive offer, I'll still give it out randomly because it's cool and it deserves to be seen by all.

I’d take them to the movies
I’d take them to the beach
I’d take them to a place inside that is so hard to reach

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Dreddout posted:

It looks like it's one of those energy swords the protoss use

Those are called PSI-BLADES, GRANDPA.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Man, he really nails it when he says Wendy Koopa is a pro-life evangelical.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Yestermoment posted:

Any vocation that is the focal point of a syndicated TV show on a major network is worthy of scorn. Doctors, Police, Firefighters, Feudal Lords, etc.

Crab fisherman, ice road trucker, cash cab driver, etc.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Reading the last couple pages was emotional labor, and I think none of us should ever post about emotions or relationships again.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I was surprised by that Vietnam poll. I looked around at other polls and found this one about the Iraq war and the use of U.S. military force in general: http://www.pewresearch.org/2006/02/21/youth-and-war/

Young people are consistently more hawkish than older people across generations. Very interesting.

I guess people need to see military interventionism fail before they start to get it. Millenials were the biggest supporters of the Iraq war prior to the war and in 2003. By 2004 that was no longer the case.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

SplitSoul posted:

Didn't Nixon get one of the biggest landslide victories in U.S. history after loving the dog in Vietnam for four years? AFTER the release of the Pentagon Papers? I watched Ken Burns' doc recently, that's one thing that stood out to me. Another was that the majority opinion viewed Kent State as justified.

I'm not confident in my interpretation of the data at all. Like I said it was surprising to me. But yeah, Nixon did get a huge landslide. I think that was due to the unpopularity of the counterculture. That's how it's presented in Nixonland, which I thought was a good book. Nixon ran hard against hippies, which was a good strategy because Americans widely hated hippies and the counterculture in general. The reaction to Kent State was an example of that.

On race relations and Vietnam, Nixon constantly talked out of both sides of his mouth, acting like he knew better than anyone how to stop the race riots and bring about a successful conclusion to the war, but he doesn't appear to have had a real plan for either issue. I mean, he bombed Cambodia, but it didn't help.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

We have specific instructions to never forget those ones in particular.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I taught English in Korea. I had an 8-year-old student refuse to read when it was her turn because the illustration showed a black girl. I took her points off the board so she wouldn't get stickers that day (which could be traded for toys when you earned enough) and skipped her. The boy next to her read without any objection.

In a later lesson, that girl stole stickers from my basket when I left the room to get something. The other kids ratted her out the second I came back in.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

This timeline isn't weird. All timelines that have ubiquitous social media are like this. It turns out that people are insane.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

For years I never understood how there was any money in competitive chess. Now I realize it's probably a front for money laundering. :discourse:

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Filthy Hans posted:

creating an acronym where the acronym is one of the words comprising itself should be punishable by flogging

I too support flogging Jeb Bush.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

stop oppressing people picking mushrooms and taking pictures of them

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Paul Krugman is good, not bad.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

this is hilarious

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Holy crap 9-0 against the cops. That poo poo is so completely out of control

During oral arguments, the lawyer for Indiana said they should be able to seize your car if you go 5mph over the speed limit. The justices laughed in his face.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

I’m proud to announce that Leon Trotsky has secured the Democratic Party nomination for President of the United States

lol

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

what kind of sick leftist only agrees to that ironically

political irony is fake

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Jon Joe posted:

???? its called being hungry???

it’s called foodmood and it carries grave implications

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

SplitSoul posted:

Maybe they can use it to cut the wedding cake as well.

congratulations on this very fine post

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

if you leave your kids unattended for five minutes, someone might call the police or cps. it happens all the time.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Xand_Man posted:

LOL at the guy trying to tase someone in a full body suit

I’m pretty sure they work through clothes. I’m certain at least some do.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

that sounds like an okay thing for a politician to do, as long as their agenda is good and they’re being honest about their intentions

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473706394009759744?lang=en

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

drat, the video of the crowd booing the succlord made my morning

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

That actually looks more awkward than groverhaus. Impressive.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

if it ain’t physics it’s magic

you dumbshit hitchens-humping atheists

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Are all the houses on Martha's Vineyard like this? Did any rich people manage to find an interior designer from Earth?

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why does he keep saying things that he shouldn't say?

he believes them

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

it's so very tragic. he has such a big dick. and that tree is in so much danger. it's just terrible.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

change my name posted:

I haven't actually listened to Biden speak in a while and holy hell that's some prime slurring

2020 election is gonna be the Mush Brain bowl.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

You can just take their description, Xerox it, and pass it out to all the cops.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I was already assuming that to be true anyway

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

empty whippet box posted:

one day lowtax will have to grapple with the fact that the slogan 'the internet makes you stupid' was never accurate. we make the internet stupid. we never needed any help at all being stupid

It's an ouroboros of idiocy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

If you wait by the facebook feed long enough, the bodies of dumbass racists who are in violation of their probation will float by.