Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/AlyonaMink/status/754801245995540481

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

lmbo

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Al! posted:

because there were crazy complaints it means that all complaints by the minority groups depicted are invalid

..said nobody itt

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

That's what Chomsky calls himself.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

jfc these liberals are just poo poo.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

cams posted:

okay then i am using my definition of evil which refers specifically of the motivations of an individual because i personally make the distinction. do not care enough about this opinion to spend time defining terms.

George Bush was motivated in part by a craving for power. These cravings when acted on led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people.

I will go toe to toe with you on this. George Bush was a wicked man.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

And I am accepting your definition or evil and arguing that Bush 43 meets it.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

*kisses fingers like a pizza box chef*

That's-a good-a tweeting!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

C-SPAMY as heck

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

what is it with these fucktards in red states and ellipses?

My mom does it too and I have no idea why.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

This Facebook meme brought to you by Noam Chomsky

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

BANNON

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg_mZv_SdZw

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Hahahahaha

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

zegermans posted:

he edited out "you little poo poo" and it was in DnD so I thought I got him.

speaking of zero thick skin

white crackers should be shot

You're a little poo poo.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Hahaha oh my god he is serious

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Didn't old people lived through a time when 'oriental' was the PC word?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

i

can't

stop

cumming

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

oh my god that's hilarious. what a loving own.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

me watching Zuckerberg prep for 2020

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

lol I was afraid of the Zuck but not anymore-- what a loving dork. it's just too bad there won't be a Trump figure in the democratic primary to ridicule him mercilessly.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

all of these people deserve gulag

too lenient.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Bert Roberge posted:

Write em down in a notebook.

hahaha

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Powaqoatse posted:

is he actually tweeting after that? i thought it was a jokey way of saying gnight yall

Yes he is. He says Russians literally hacked the election and John McCain and the Intellegence community are heroes for standing up against "vlad"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

what makes it bad is that HRC isn't even a progressive!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

If you are interested in the sort of reactionary dogshit that DnD thinks is good:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

nationalism is not good. tons of white people don't know their ancestor's national origins. white culture exists.

honestly the only thing it gets right is that white pride is bad, which is like the lowest possible bar for a post to clear.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Acknowledgement of our radical alienation is actually extremely good.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

what's wrong with wanting a link to your historical origins?

it is reactionary.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

this is solipsistic garbage.

It is literally true and not at all solipsistic.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

an individual's origins predate their very conception. it's literally wrong outside of a solipsistic framework

Childhood is the only meaningful "origin" of a person.

Michael Bayleaf posted:

trying to understand your family history is not the same as trying to take credit for it

We are talking about identifying with your family history not just understanding it.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Al! posted:

oh my god seriously i beg you please read this entire post over for contradicions a couple of times, seriously. please think about how a working class person living in an alienated communit would apply this analysis to the dialectic within thier context.

can you elaborate a bit? I think he is basically right and I want to know what you take issue with.

The Kingfish has issued a correction as of 02:24 on Aug 20, 2017

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

every political scientist I've come into contact with has been a hopeless liberal dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

History literally projects itself forward, because all historical events have causal relations to the present - even regardless of whether you know about them or not. Grand narratives exist regardless of whether you like them because they're constructed. They're "real" in a social sense. Whether or not they arrive at a desired conclusion depends on the decisions of all historical actors. Whether a historical narrative is rooted in facts, or is informed by reality is debatable, but what's not debatable is that they exist. Even if you don't believe in them, they will assert themselves regardless and place their mark upon the present.

To reject all of this means to reject the historical dialectic.

Nobody decides to become a revolutionary because of past revolutions, but the reason a revolution in the present is necessary in the first place is due to the successes or failures of past revolutions. The process of acquiring such historical knowledge isn't the lynchpin upon which a revolutionary forms, but it does inform how the revolutionary chooses to conduct itself. That knowledge bears meaning upon the decisions of the present, and to deny it is only possible because of an obstinate rejection of any value in the past. You can try to claim this all you like, but that is pure ideology. The past has real material relations to the present.

I agree with almost all of this too. History is an insanely helpful tool for the revolutionary to use. But I thought we were talking about whether nonrevolutionary ancestrally based identities are reactionary or not? I think they are.