Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
It's the same with humans really - genetics predispose you to certain behaviors but they aren't deterministic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Roylicious posted:

It's the same with humans really - genetics predispose you to certain behaviors but they aren't deterministic.

are you talking about the red cross poster thread orrrr

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Roylicious posted:

Pit bulls don't just snap one day and bite people for no reason.

how do you know

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

it's a dog eat dog world out there and sometimes a dog is a baby

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

it's a dog eat dog world out there and sometimes a dog is a baby

It's a baby eat dog world out there

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Zahgaegun posted:

It's a baby eat dog world out there

only in certain asian countries

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
My sister got viciously bit at work by a pit mix today, coincidence? u decide

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

dog buttz posted:

Or a bull mastiff. Looks terrifying but they're too dumb to ever actually do anything unless you train them to.

I'm starting to see more and more backyard bred bullmastiffs, so I suspect they're going to be the murderdogs of the 2200s.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

dog buttz posted:

Or a bull mastiff. Looks terrifying but they're too dumb to ever actually do anything unless you train them to.

mastiffs are literally bred to kill people, and they are routinely crossed with pitbulls to make the offspring larger and more prone to violence towards humans, just fyi :shrug:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Roylicious posted:

But those people are stupid. Greyhounds do fine off leash if they are well trained. Pit bulls don't just snap one day and bite people for no reason.

Literally every greyhound adoption agency will tell you to never take them off leash in an open area not cause it's literally impossible to train them not to run but because even well trained ones will occasionally Same way everyone thinks their pit is one of the good ones until one day it isn't.

Certain breeds are just prone to certain things and generally dog people will acknowledge this in almost every case other than pitbulls being aggressive.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

Central CA and uncle's pit bulls tied up in the backyard?

Rednecks, prolly on meth.

no one but poors and especially white trash own pitbulls so im not surprised if it turns out they are indeed trash.

Serious Frolicking posted:

uh, but what if the animal that hatches is a pitbull????

or worse a white male!

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 30, 2016

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Roylicious posted:

I think the predisposition might be a little stronger in an animal with a mind that works fundamentally different from our own. Dogs aren't going to go to a seminar and find Jesus and then radically change their behavior for life, while than can and does happen to humans. Humans don't have a homing instinct that allows them to be born and then travel to a small region thousands of miles away that they've never visited before due to a natural compulsion, weeaboos excepted.

Dogs and people can both be programmed, but dogs really only have their programming to run on. When there's random "if: infant then: eat else: be adorable" rattling around in your dog's skull, there's only so many ways to suppress that.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 30, 2016

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

mastiffs are literally bred to kill people, and they are routinely crossed with pitbulls to make the offspring larger and more prone to violence towards humans, just fyi :shrug:

Really? Are they crossed with pitbulls because they aren't normally aggressive enough on their own? I'm going to sound like a pit bull owner here but I've literally never seen or heard of a bull mastiff that wasn't a gigantic lazy puppy.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

dog buttz posted:

Really? Are they crossed with pitbulls because they aren't normally aggressive enough on their own? I'm going to sound like a pit bull owner here but I've literally never seen or heard of a bull mastiff that wasn't a gigantic lazy puppy.

Have you tried placing it alone with an infant?

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
My friend got mauled by a couple of pitt-mixes that escape from their yard.

That's my story.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

dog buttz posted:

Both pitbulls and bull mastiffs have a bit of molosser dna in them. (In fact, the mastiff has more! :science:) In my experience, any dog that has a drop of molosser in it has an increased risk of going ape-poo poo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If I get a small dog I'm going to teach it to use guns to defend itself in this scary pit bull world we find ourselves in

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

CharlestonJew posted:

If I get a small dog I'm going to teach it to use guns to defend itself in this scary pit bull world we find ourselves in

No good enough. The only way to stop a bad person with a pit bull is a good person with a pit bull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything
Every pit bull I've ever been around has been super cuddly with it's owner/people the owner responds positively to and deadly aggressive with everything else. The dog I live with now is a pit bull/something mutt and had to be taken out of the socialization class it was in as a puppy because she tried to fight all the other dogs. That mutt also drew blood from a dog I was playing with fairly recently. She's adorable though.
I don't blame anyone who wants to own a pit bull if they don't have any other pets or children and are strong enough to reign it in when you're outside and tries to charge whatever dog is in a ten mile radius, but they're up there with huskies in terms of "only okay to own in specific circumstances"

• Locked thread